Divided Support

minstral

I'm not boasting about anything, if I was I'd tell you about it surely. I said there are people that can vouch for me, I've provided admin with the info and it's up to them what they do with it. That is all. Stop trying to make it out as if I came on here with the sole purpose of boasting about stuff I've done - clearly, I'm not doing that. That is why it's being kept private and that is why I PM'd admin.

Admin?

To be quite frank, if there was a Tim on here, I would think they would post reinforcing all the negative stereotypes of bears - bad language, stirring up bother etc

So tell me Mant, Minst, Jim

Who can vouch for you?

my god can you not tell by our post what we are, but if you would like to visit my town the whole place will vouch for me. <_<

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not boasting about anything, if I was I'd tell you about it surely. I said there are people that can vouch for me, I've provided admin with the info and it's up to them what they do with it. That is all. Stop trying to make it out as if I came on here with the sole purpose of boasting about stuff I've done - clearly, I'm not doing that. That is why it's being kept private and that is why I PM'd admin.

Admin?

To be quite frank, if there was a Tim on here, I would think they would post reinforcing all the negative stereotypes of bears - bad language, stirring up bother etc

Who can vouch for you?

You mean negative stereotypes like being violent and beating up old women when drunk...

Your a complete joke!

If you were to meet me however, and come round meet my friends and talk your pish with my mates - you'd get a decent conversation and a proper debate. Not fisticuffs.

Aye right, The Brazen Heed's a shite hole....

Thats beneath you Davy

But not you.

No because I am above all this pesh - its a gorgeous day - 96 degrees, come back in to this nonsense - and its the same 4 posters as per usual who are unable to make a single post without leaving a dig - every single post.

back on track do you agree our club would not be as big without our large protestant support from decade after decade.

Ok, this will be the third time Ive answered this in this very thread

Nobody knows the answer to this - we can only guess - but my take on it is this

We made our legacy of winning long before we were known as a Protestant club - if our core of fans down the decades had been more aethiest or catholic in nature, would that have changed the winning? Would that have changed the legacy? Would we have won less with a support core made up of fans of a different faith?

Listen, it is all guess work - my guess is that we would still be a huge club today - I know you disagree with that, as I said, its a guess - so how about we respect each others opinion on that?

If you were to meet me however, and come round meet my friends and talk your pish with my mates - you'd get a decent conversation and a proper debate. Not fisticuffs.

Thats beneath you Davy

But not you.

No because I am above all this pesh - its a gorgeous day - 96 degrees, come back in to this nonsense - and its the same 4 posters as per usual who are unable to make a single post without leaving a dig - every single post.

back on track do you agree our club would not be as big without our large protestant support from decade after decade.

The reason we have had such a large Protestant support is because for the last 100 years Scotland has been almost an exclusively Protestant country....we would of been hard pushed to have fans of any other religion at Ibrox in the 40's/50/60's as there wasn't any other religions in Scotland (other than Catholics and they all supported celtic). The reason we have a 90% Protestant support is the exact same reasons Motherwell have a 90% Protestant support, as do Aberdeen, Kilmarnock etc....they also have Protestant supports because the vast majority of people in Scotland are Protestants....the only difference being that those fans at other clubs don't go on about their religion all the time!

Take Real Madrid for example....almost all their support is Catholic....the only reason being so is because nearly everybody in Spain happens to be a Catholic! The don't choose to support Real Madrid because they are Catholics....they just happen to be Catholics who have decided to support Real Madrid!

Are there actually people in Scotland in this day and age who think to themselves "I am a Protestant therefore I must support Rangers based on my religion???"....surely not in this day and age!

I cant even be bothered scrolling through 20 odd pages of bickering,

As for out protestant heritage it is something we should be extremely proud of nobody will try change it.

Ah whats the point :craphead:

Basically thats it mate! And your 100% right!

I will glorify the protestant heritage my club has as long as i can and there are a few on here to think people like us are stupid and dinosaurs for "not facing change" fukin joke!

The fact that I'm even bothering to still be here and defend myself should speak volumes I would have thought. Obviously not enough for some bears, eh?

Nope, still waiting.

Surely it can't be that secretive

Admin?

Who can vouch for you?

Well aside from the fact that loads of folk on here can, if you want to suggest we are dhims, feel free.

You are the only one who will look like a fool.

BTW I don't think I have accused you of being one, but I'm losing track, have I?

Admin?

Who can vouch for you?

I've met a few posters on RM, including Admin

So you are under cover then?

Listen, lets cut this out, we are all Gers fans here - we really do not need to be doing this every day

Admin?

Who can vouch for you?

You mean negative stereotypes like being violent and beating up old women when drunk...

Your a complete joke!

LOL

And of course you missed that it was a complete joke - kind of an obvious one too

The fact that I'm even bothering to still be here and defend myself should speak volumes I would have thought. Obviously not enough for some bears, eh?

Nope, still waiting.

Surely it can't be that secretive

It's not a secret, I just don't see it's any of your business. Admin say who stay here and who go, not you. It has nothing to do with you. I only mentioned it to grant myself a short reprieve from the Witchhunt that seemed to be taking place here; I was under quite a bit of pressure there if you look back and check. :D

I've done all I can do, it's up to admin now. I will continue to post and I will always stand by what I post. :rangers:

Thats beneath you Davy

But not you.

We made our legacy of winning long before we were known as a Protestant club - if our core of fans down the decades had been more aethiest or catholic in nature, would that have changed the winning? Would that have changed the legacy? Would we have won less with a support core made up of fans of a different faith?

Listen, it is all guess work - my guess is that we would still be a huge club today - I know you disagree with that, as I said, its a guess - so how about we respect each others opinion on that?

Say what you want but i can nearly guarantee we wouldnt be as big a club as we are today!

As far back as my family goes i had papas and uncles working in the shipyards in Glasgow and thousands of them chose to go to Ibrox because of the clubs protestant ties!!

As for out protestant heritage it is something we should be extremely proud of nobody will try change it.

I will glorify the protestant heritage my club has as long as i can and there are a few on here to think people like us are stupid and dinosaurs for "not facing change" fukin joke!

Again, the hatred is getting the better of you - Ive not said one time we should be ashamed of the protestant links of the past - not once - what I do say is that in the last oh, 15-20 years celebrating a protestant history turned into an atmosphere of anti-catholicism - all I want is for that to be turned on its head and for the club to move forward, adjusting to the times but at the same time not totally forgetting the past

I really dont think that is unreasonable - and I really do not understand how that gets mis-read/misrepresented on here continually

Admin?

Who can vouch for you?

Well aside from the fact that loads of folk on here can, if you want to suggest we are dhims, feel free.

BTW I don't think I have accused you of being one, but I'm losing track, have I?

No, you've only accused me about once a page

Having trawled through hell and back to catch up with this thread, it is perilously close to closure or outright removal. From divisions among fans it's become outright war and personal insults. Much more of this, despite the activity it's generating, action will be taken.

Again, the hatred is getting the better of you - Ive not said one time we should be ashamed of the protestant links of the past - not once - what I do say is that in the last oh, 15-20 years celebrating a protestant history turned into an atmosphere of anti-catholicism - all I want is for that to be turned on its head and for the club to move forward, adjusting to the times but at the same time not totally forgetting the past

I really dont think that is unreasonable - and I really do not understand how that gets mis-read/misrepresented on here continually

But surely that can be covered simply by the fact that most of the events we celebrate are victories over catholics....or looking at its from the other side i dont see how we could celebrate our protestant history without there being some form of anti-catholicism...

Do you not know the history of the Glorious Revolution or the Revolution of 1688??

Thats beneath you Davy

But not you.

Say what you want but i can nearly guarantee we wouldnt be as big a club as we are today!

As far back as my family goes i had papas and uncles working in the shipyards in Glasgow and thousands of them chose to go to Ibrox because of the clubs protestant ties!!

Wow, an actual post to answer

Well yeah, it is guesswork - lets face it, in the west of Scotland there were 2 clubs - Rangers, and Ayr Utd - ok, Celtic

So I wonder if we became the protestant club simply because the main rivals were the Catholic club - you know?

Anyway, thanks for at least posting an actual post to debate, lets see if we can keep this going

Admin?

Who can vouch for you?

No, you've only accused me about once a page

Really?

On a 24 page thread?

Must look back over it when I get a chance. In my mind I had you in the 'stupid but saveable' category (just an expression, not an insult).

Witchinder General is a taxing job, particularly with no administrative support.

Having trawled through hell and back to catch up with this thread, it is perilously close to closure or outright removal. From divisions among fans it's become outright war and personal insults. Much more of this, despite the activity it's generating, action will be taken.

Jog on back to terrorist minded timmy.

Thats beneath you Davy

But not you.

well i think that you are wrong our crowds were not that big and we did not have the legacy that you were on about. our first title was round about 1890-91 then went 7 seasons without another title, then won 4 in a row.

I would like to issue a sincere apology to anybody I personally insulted in this thread. I am sorry things got so heated, and I was bang out of order in my replies to some of you. :(

Hopefully we can let bygones be bygones and move on. :beer2:

trubear

Thats beneath you Davy

But not you.

Wow, an actual post to answer

Well yeah, it is guesswork - lets face it, in the west of Scotland there were 2 clubs - Rangers, and Ayr Utd - ok, Celtic

So I wonder if we became the protestant club simply because the main rivals were the Catholic club - you know?

Anyway, thanks for at least posting an actual post to debate, lets see if we can keep this going

I think there are more than one thing to take into account..

They way that Celtic FC were formed, where the clubs were formed/played and the religious beliefs of the people in and around that area...

I dont think there was ever a conscious decision to form a protestant supported football club, i think the stature of the club and people who supported it merged into one and made it the club it is today!!

But surely that can be covered simply by the fact that most of the events we celebrate are victories over catholics....or looking at its from the other side i dont see how we could celebrate our protestant history without there being some form of anti-catholicism...

Do you not know the history of the Glorious Revolution or the Revolution of 1688??

Yes of course we celebrate victory over the Catholics - and we sing songs to reflect that - I would just rather our songs about that focussed on our faith in a positive manner rather than constantly harking on negative side of theirs - the add ons for example - the whole stuff about players crossing themselves on the pitch, the booing of Catholic players on opposite teams etc - that sort of stuff I wish we could leave out -

Just a personal thing - I think if we did this right then it could be a really positive thing and turn the heat on Celtic