Shittu Accepted Rangers Offer

DANNY SHITTU swears he's still desperate to join Rangers - despite insisting the club caused the collapse of his proposed switch to Glasgow.

Manager Walter Smith - who discovered last night DaMarcus Beasley will miss both legs of their Champions League qualifier - revealed Gers pulled the plug on the £1.5 million swoop due to the 27-year-old's wage demands.

Rangers had agreed the fee with Watford but the move fell through because the Nigerian wanted £20,000 a week. Shittu, however, claimed Rangers altered the personal deal on offer after an initial bid of £1.2m was knocked back by Watford.

But, as his advisers attempt to reopen negotiations with Rangers, the stopper says he has not given up on a move .

Shittu said: "I was prepared to join Rangers. They put a proposal on the table which was acceptable but when the contract was put in writing the deal had changed. That is where the breakdown in the talks came about.

"There is other interest out there but my first choice remains Rangers and I believe a deal can be done."

Beasley, who hobbled out of the game against Preussen Munster, has a hamstring problem and could miss both legs of the Champions League qualifier against Kaunas or Santa Coloma.

Kyle Lafferty and Carlos Cuellar are unlikely to face Sportfreund Lotte tomorrow but are expected to be ready for Saturday's game against Schalke.

Meanwhile, new signing Andrius Velicka joined Rangers in Germany last night.

Another great plan for Bain and Smith to Save money doh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you believe a player over the club ?

who's to know who is right or wrong ... each is trying to make themselves out the injured party.

Anyway, Shittu seems to want to ressurect the deal, suggesting he is willing to lower his wage demands to allow both parties to meet somewhere in the middle, as is usually the case when negotiations are carried our over any contract.

no such thing as a straightforward transfer with us sometimes <_<

Maybe so, but in many ways I'd rather we were sensible about the kind of money we fork out. We spent too long spunking cash!

who's to know who is right or wrong ... each is trying to make themselves out the injured party.

Anyway, Shittu seems to want to ressurect the deal, suggesting he is willing to lower his wage demands to allow both parties to meet somewhere in the middle, as is usually the case when negotiations are carried our over any contract.

Given the transfer shambles of previous seasons,I know who I would believe.

Maybe so, but in many ways I'd rather we were sensible about the kind of money we fork out. We spent too long spunking cash!

To be honest I'd rather see us pursue the guy suchey, more worthy of a couple of million IMO.

To be honest I'd rather see us pursue the guy suchey, more worthy of a couple of million IMO.

(tu) me too.

Not if he wants £50k per week though! :craphead:

If the player is correct in what he is saying then Bain should be ashamed of himself. Another shambles of a transfer deal.

Regarding the question of who to believe ,the player or the club , then going by previous I'd tend to side with the player.

The fact is we don't know, and I for one am not going to jump to conclusions...

that's for the Mhedia.

(By the way this is already posted in the "Shittu" thread ;) )

I think in this regard I would trust the club over a MGB.

Not wanting to appear racist, but, Nigeria is home to a lot of scam artists.

Suchy definitely appears the better option. Younger, more mobile, won't lose him to the ACN, more likely to receive a fee etc etc.

What exactly was the clubs explanation over the failure to do a deal? We couldn't meet his demands, so why did we initially tell him that we would?

As for not believing Shittu, why would he lie? Telling lies to the media would scupper any chances he has of the move he seems so desperate for.

The club is an absolute shambles when it comes to transfers.

Murray GTF and take yir bum boy bain wae yae!

What exactly was the clubs explanation over the failure to do a deal? We couldn't meet his demands, so why did we initially tell him that we would?

As for not believing Shittu, why would he lie? Telling lies to the media would scupper any chances he has of the move he seems so desperate for.

The club is an absolute shambles when it comes to transfers.

Murray GTF and take yir bum boy bain wae yae!

aye! lets get Romanov in !!!!!

he is a decent player , but not at £20k per week

we would the have 7 Centre Backs at the club in the 1st team squad

Broadfoot , Weir , Cuellar , Webster, Dailly , Papac and Shittu

or are we planning to sell one or two of them

call yourselvs fans more like fucking glory hunters , get behind the team ffs and stop fucking moaning

its called opinions , if you dont like them you know what to do , ignore them

True.

If you don't like opinions, avoid internet football forums as big as RMedia.