FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

bluenose_72

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bad points i'm getting annoyed with

players you are not controlling seem to wander AWAY from the ball and the opposition player in possession when you are chasing with another player, this makes it very difficult when you switch, as that player is now miles behind the ball leaving a huge gap for the opposition.

overall player turning can still seem very slow at times.

players still stand still and let opposition get in front of them when waiting for the ball to come to them.

player will try to keep the ball in by sliding for it when the opposition has kicked it out, knocking it out and giving oppoisiton the throw.

when the ref has signalled play on after a foul, if the ball dosen't go out of play for a 20-30 mins ingame time he will give the player a yellow card if it needed it, if it warranted a card, just stop the fukin play!

I like the overall presentation of the game, but the gameplay just isnt up to scratch.

Some bad points i'm getting annoyed with

players you are not controlling seem to wander AWAY from the ball and the opposition player in possession when you are chasing with another player, this makes it very difficult when you switch, as that player is now miles behind the ball leaving a huge gap for the opposition.

overall player turning can still seem very slow at times.

players still stand still and let opposition get in front of them when waiting for the ball to come to them.

player will try to keep the ball in by sliding for it when the opposition has kicked it out, knocking it out and giving oppoisiton the throw.

when the ref has signalled play on after a foul, if the ball dosen't go out of play for a 20-30 mins ingame time he will give the player a yellow card if it needed it, if it warranted a card, just stop the fukin play!

I like the overall presentation of the game, but the gameplay just isnt up to scratch.

At least someone is honest enough i'll admit i prefer pes08 to this new fifa incarnation as you say i find the gameplay terrible compared to pes08, i do like the game options that you get i think the be a pro mode is a good idea just ea have made it too easy as they do with all their games and i also like the manager mode but to say its miles better than a game that hasnt even been released yet is a bit naive. cue the ive played the demo brigade.

Info on possible patch

WOW!

So I've been out of the office in Sunny Mexico meeting some of the press and fans there in advance of launch and I see things have hotted up here too!

Same message as before at the moment...

We're looking at stuff and will get back to you when we know what we might or might not be able to do.

At the moment the 'stuff' we're looking at is...

Bad defending/attacking where the guy turns sideways.

MM re-numbering.

Spanish league Live Seasons problems.

Problem in polish stadia breaking frame rate.

8 players in tournament mode.

Advantage rule.

NOTE - we're not necessarily going to be able to release a 'patch' for all of these things - but we're looking into it at the moment.

Again - please be patient...I'll let you know whats going on when I get the nod myself.

Cheers

D

Currently on a 17 game winning streak with Fiorentina online. Had a tough game last night against "THEPOWA" but managed to beat him (Real Madrid) 3-2 with a late Montolivo winner :unionflag:

You got your BAP Online problem sorted yet?

I got this from the EA Forum:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/clubs-h...tion-error.html

I've still not got mine sorted :(

Tried running it through the modem, updating my driver, changing my settings....

As soon as a goal goes in it's usually 'bye-bye' connection.

Currently on a 17 game winning streak with Fiorentina online. Had a tough game last night against "THEPOWA" but managed to beat him (Real Madrid) 3-2 with a late Montolivo winner :unionflag:

You got your BAP Online problem sorted yet?

I got this from the EA Forum:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/clubs-h...tion-error.html

I've still not got mine sorted :(

Tried running it through the modem, updating my driver, changing my settings....

As soon as a goal goes in it's usually 'bye-bye' connection.

Haven't bothered trying since last Friday, got fed up with the constant disconnections so I have just been playing single player.

I'll have a read of that thanks, hopefully it helps, doubt it though :lol:(tu)