FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

bluenose_72

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're reworking the AI and tactics for 09 so hopefully this doesn't happen any more. It's the same in 08, sometimes the teams are hard to break down unless you hit them on the break.

Online though?

People were playing with 2 banks of 4 sitting just outside the penalty box in all 5 of the games I played last night, so dull (td)

Well we'll just have to batter our way through then. :)

6'2 and 13st.

I'll be winning everything in that midfield :)

6' and just under 13st....I'm Kris Boyd :craphead:

Does that mean you'll only score against shitty teams? :anguish:

Unfortunately so :anguish:

Work hard and improve those stats!

When I was playing one of the dull bastards last night, I scored my winner on the 80th minute and actually kept the ball between my goalie, back four and defensive mid for the last 10 minutes.

The guy was fucking raging :lol: :lol:

:anguish:

Been reading some peoples thoughts on the game. Some think it is too fast(but apparently there will be speed settings in the actual game) some think it is too cartoony or arcadey but I have a feeling they may not have liked Euro. Seems a lot better than Fifa 08 anyway.

Been reading some peoples thoughts on the game. Some think it is too fast(but apparently there will be speed settings in the actual game) some think it is too cartoony or arcadey but I have a feeling they may not have liked Euro. Seems a lot better than Fifa 08 anyway.

Fast is better.

By going on what I played last night, I actually prefer a 'well connected' game of PES 08.

Still can hardly score from outside the box with Euro as well :(

Fast is better.

By going on what I played last night, I actually prefer a 'well connected' game of PES 08.

My shooting is actually just starting to improve on Euro! :lol: Which is good with the release of Fifa just round the corner.

But I agree that fast is better, but not too fast obviously. I feel like they got the pace just perfect on Euro - you can pass the ball about nicely but you can also run at defenders and take them on, made for a much more exciting game than Fifa.

Fast is better.

My shooting is actually just starting to improve on Euro! :lol: Which is good with the release of Fifa just round the corner.

But I agree that fast is better, but not too fast obviously. I feel like they got the pace just perfect on Euro - you can pass the ball about nicely but you can also run at defenders and take them on, made for a much more exciting game than Fifa.

It's good when you get a clean run, but sometimes the midfield is just too slow.

The long passes along the ground are also pretty slow as well, to the point of slowing a counter-attack down to a standstill.

Fast is better.

It's good when you get a clean run, but sometimes the midfield is just too slow.

The long passes along the ground are also pretty slow as well, to the point of slowing a counter-attack down to a standstill.

Really? I thought they were slow on Fifa but not on Euro especially with the power bar. If I am wanting a quick long pass I just hold down X until it's almost full.

Fast is better.

Really? I thought they were slow on Fifa but not on Euro especially with the power bar. If I am wanting a quick long pass I just hold down X until it's almost full.

I do that as well, but sometimes I wish they'd play the ball JUST in front of the selected target so that he could run on to it.

It seems that you either get a massive through ball or a pass straight to feet, which isn't ideal.

Fast is better.

I do that as well, but sometimes I wish they'd play the ball JUST in front of the selected target so that he could run on to it.

It seems that you either get a massive through ball or a pass straight to feet, which isn't ideal.

yeh, I'd agree with that. Hopefully they have improved that on Fifa.

is it fucking out yet?

and Papa, if you keep slagging boyd, you'll be on the bench with him :harhar:

You'll need my calming influence in that midfield :)

Since your the gaffer, you could throw a cyber shoe at me in the dressing room, a la Ferguson :lol:

Right, explain this to me.

If you only need 4/5 of us to play as 'the team', who makes up the rest of the players in said team during online matches? Will they be computer controlled?

yes

Cool.

So say myself, you, Eck and Bluenose are online. Does the computer take control of the players created Andy-500 and JohnGers etc if they aren't there?