FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

bluenose_72

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else experiencing slow download with psn, i put NHL on the other night and it took about half an hour for 10%, did fifa on the xbox earlier in that time

Happened to me too Eck.

Cancelled my first download, tried it again the next day and took about 6 minutes.

How do you make up a fake address? Where do you go for that?

Just put some random hotels address and zip code that I got through google. That's mine installing now WOOHOO :D

http://www.hotelrooms.com/USA_Alabama_Mobile.html

I got an address off this site and it worked fine (tu)

Well lads have to say that it's a cracking game, beats Fifa 08 hands down. Loving the power bars for passes and the shooting, dribbling and contact between players have all been drastically improved. The tactics slide bars look like they could be brilliant for fine tuning depending on the individuals style of play.

Well done EA. Hadn't played Euro 2008 but can see why you were all raving about it.(tu)

Just played my first game there that I won on pens after finishing 0-0. Compared to Fifa 08 this is much better! And I'd say it feels a bit more realistic than Euro. I don't like the refs though. I conceded 3 soft free kicks and he also didn't allow a perfectly good advantage, but that was just one game I guess.

Can't wait until we get stuck into 10 v 10 online :)

meh, i gave in, i have it on the 360 but i went and created a US account to play it on the ps3, 360 version seems better but just about to play ingame and see, everything just seems faster on the 360 and its blurry as fuck

edit: the most annoying thing ever has just happened to me

dunno if you guys ever used to tackle "off the ball" so to speak, from kick off, i sometimes used to tackle a player who didnt have the ball with my active player, and usually the computer (and the person online) would play on, its just a bit of a laugh really, anyway, i did it with anelka, and the normal advantage was played on by the computer, advantage was lost, but when the ball went out of play, anelka got booked!! it wasnt only until towards the end of the match, i realised he had been sent off!!! bastards!

and an improvement ive spotted that i like and wanted, first touch dummy moves and the through the legs dummy !!

i like how you can control the power of through balls, it seemed to be set to how far the player was in fifa 08, which meant if someone was stood in front of him, the ball would go straight to the opposition.

oh and edu is still at toronto, hope theres an update before final release!

the demo just froze :unsure:

scored a cracker of a diving header in the 90th minute with lovenkrands, go to instant replay and its froze :(

through balls are cracking in this, will take some practice because its not quite euro 2008esque imo

Hope they improve the online.

For the 2nd night in a row, boring boring boring bastards on Euro just sitting with 8 men behind the ball and doing me with a through pass when I'm attacking.

Definitely prefer a well connected game of PES online (td)