What worries me about a Lovenkrands return is . . .

is he actually returning or is it still just paper talk?

I think Shalke offered him tentatively and the response from Rangers was luke warm to say the least.

When interviewed PL admitted " If asked if i would return to Rangers, I can't say too much because some talks have taken place - but you can tell by the look on my face I would love to"

He then added "But I don't think it will come to that"

I get the feeling we said "no".......

For now anyway.

yeah, Burke is shite. Cant establish himself after about 4 season, easily flung off the ball and final delivery is 80% of the time poor.

Lovenkrands is head and shoulders above him in talent and ability, and we drastically need a left winger and pace. and he can play central, which caused Celtic many a nightmare. and he's euro proven.

a team like Schalke doesnt come calling unless they see potential in you. Burke cant get a game for Rangers never mind a move to a top team in Europe. i wouldnt worry about him taking a place Burke cant even solidify.

I do not expect Lovenkrands to return at all. I think it was just him responding to questions from the scottish media as opposed to a likely development.

As for burkey, I really liked him when he broke through. I remember him breaking into the top team, it was so exciting when he came on. A player with some skill, always looking to take his man own. He wasn't the finished article though. He doesn't seem to have improved since then. I really thought he could have been a great player for us. :(

He wont be coming back - but if he did my ideal front 3 wouldbe Lovenkrands up front with Burke and Beasley supporting - would be idea for away games in Europe, pace and skill to spare - would be perfect for hitting teams on the break

Of course some on here would rather have McCulloch - cos he's a Rangers man so he is.....