Entire midfield bar Thomson out of position

Danny

How can you play good football or winning football when essentially half the team if not more is not being played in their natural positions?

It's starting to get ridiculous now - Lafferty, a striker, wasted on the left - Whittaker, a right back, wasted on the right wing. LM a God knows what in the central midfield alongside Thomson.

Broadfoot in defence rather than even Webster who I think could be worth a punt in there. Dailly at right back rather than his best position in defensive midfield.

All these players and more get played in positions alien to them.

Only Thomson, McGregor, Boyd, Velicka, Magic and Papac actually played in their best positions.

That's worrying.

And what is more worrying is that guys like Hemdani who naturally plays CM are out of the squad with McCulloch out of position in CM.

And then Adam, a left winger, albeit a pretty rank one, comes on in CM to replace Thomson.

It's no wonder this side is abject - it's beginning to reek of PLG's clueless all over again.

How can you play good football or winning football when essentially half the team if not more is not being played in their natural positions?

It's starting to get ridiculous now - Lafferty, a striker, wasted on the left - Whittaker, a right back, wasted on the right wing. LM a God knows what in the central midfield alongside Thomson.

Broadfoot in defence rather than even Webster who I think could be worth a punt in there. Dailly at right back rather than his best position in defensive midfield.

Only Thomson, McGregor, Boyd, Velicka, Magic and Papac actually played in their best positions.

That's worrying.

And what is more worrying is that guys like Hemdani who naturally plays CM are out of the squad with McCulloch out of position in CM.

And then Adam, a left winger, albeit a pretty rank one, comes on in CM to replace Thomson.

It's no wonder this side is abject - it's beginning to reek of PLG's clueless all over again.

I agree with what you're saying apart from Broadfoot and Adam.

Thought Broadfoot looked pretty solid in his natural centre half position again. Couple of timely tackles.

Still wasteful in possession though having a midfield that stands and looks at the man in possession rather than make a move can't be easy.

I think Adam looks a better player in the middle of the park and that is his natural position.

Still not good enough but better than McCulloch.

Papac aint a LB (tu)

Hence why I said 'best'.

He's better at LB than CB even if CB is his supposed natural position.

How do youno?

Hes never played at CB, in form.

Please stop talking.

Why was Lafferty out wide, this definitely a Walterism he does it with just about every player he brings in, is it a fcukin test or somethin ? Thomson still lackin a bit of somethin but he's the only one that looks motivated. :sherlock:

Papac aint a LB (tu)

Hence why I said 'best'.

How do youno?

Please stop talking.

In fairness to RDB he does have a point. How do you know he isn;t better at CB, we've only realy saw him at LB.

Also Kirk Broadfoot's natural position is at CB and IMO he had a very good game today. Made a few good tackles and couple of essential tackles. Adam's natural position is CH too.

I do agree with the rest though. Dailly shouldn't even be on the park. I hope we are looking for a CH and an RB. I think we need them more than anything else now.

Lafferty did well out wide today.

Thought the whole midfield bar Laff were shite today.

Adam was never a left winger in the first place he's been played outa position ever since he managed to get into the first team.

Papac aint a LB (tu)

Hence why I said 'best'.

How do youno?

Please stop talking.

Aye orite :rolleyes:

I think Danny had the painters in today.

Wasn't in a good mood. :pipe:

Anonymous is was as good as a kick in the pus, he done fuck all - AGAIN!

He came on with 5 minutes to go

I was talking about McCulloch! doh

oh sorry then I agree doh Thought you were talking about Adam

And then Adam, a left winger...

Adam is a left winger?...you talking politics?

Hahahahahahaha, oh my God I'm on the floor in hysterics here. You're so witty, Bill Maher's got nothing on you :bouncy:

That's worrying.

I agree with what you're saying apart from Broadfoot and Adam.

Thought Broadfoot looked pretty solid in his natural centre half position again. Couple of timely tackles.

Still wasteful in possession though having a midfield that stands and looks at the man in possession rather than make a move can't be easy.

I think Adam looks a better player in the middle of the park and that is his natural position.

Still not good enough but better than McCulloch.

I thought Broadfoot in his natural position looked out of place, think of the Higdon chance when Broadfoot hadn't moved out with the rest of defence and was playing him onside by 7 yards. Broadfoot did not have a clue where he was and what was happening, erratic to say the least at St mirren and could be costly for us against any team with goalscoring forwards.

Papac is more of a LB than a CB!

McCulloch, Whittaker and Adam are fukn brutal. They have no positional sense, they can't run, pass or tackle. That midfield today was a complete and utter shambles and unless we get in 2 or 3 midfielders then we are going to struggle big time. Had we been playing celtc today they'd of torn us apart!

Lafferty should not be played out wide left, he should be played in his proper position, upfront.

I'm sick to death of this shite Smith is putting out on the field, it's a complete and utter embarrasment.