Do Scottish Referees have a bias towards either half of the Old Firm?

papaguy51

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw some celtic fans saying they were denied a level playing field by JVOH being wrongly sent off doh

Aye, that was a turning point according to Hartson. Fanny!

As for today's game, the Ref was bollocks again. We shouldn't turn a blind eye to wrong decisions 'cause we won. Cousin walked for hee haw, and they got a free kick from a blatant dive.

i saw some celtic fans saying they were denied a level playing field by JVOH being wrongly sent off doh

As for today's game, the Ref was bollocks again. We shouldn't turn a blind eye to wrong decisions 'cause we won. Cousin walked for hee haw, and they got a free kick from a blatant dive.

You think we should add?

You think we should add?

I had a wee debate with a Ref on here yesterday, who claimed Cousin was guilty 'cause he made 'first contact' with his elbow. I argued that surely they contacted each other at the same time, as Cousin's arm hit McManus' arm, meaning they both led with the elbow and therefore both committed the same offence. One was booked and one wasn't. Why? If Cousin didn't go up with his arms, then he would have got an elbow in the face. There were also other petty decision like McManus elbowing Miller on the back of the head, and Caldwell kneeing Cousin in the back which went unpunished. I'm not saying we should add those two, but it does show hypocrisy when Cousin is booked for it and they aren't.

As for the free-kick, I haven't seen much of a replay yet (as Setanta didn't want to show it for some reason), so I'll need to get back to you on that one. It looked like a blatant dive though.

You think we should add?

I had a wee debate with a Ref on here yesterday, who claimed Cousin was guilty 'cause he made 'first contact' with his elbow. I argued that surely they contacted each other at the same time, as Cousin's arm hit McManus' arm, meaning they both led with the elbow and therefore both committed the same offence. One was booked and one wasn't. Why? If Cousin didn't go up with his arms, then he would have got an elbow in the face. There were also other petty decision like McManus elbowing Miller on the back of the head, and Caldwell kneeing Cousin in the back which went unpunished. I'm not saying we should add those two, but it does show hypocrisy when Cousin is booked for it and they aren't.

As for the free-kick, I haven't seen much of a replay yet (as Setanta didn't want to show it for some reason), so I'll need to get back to you on that one. It looked like a blatant dive though.

First Contact?

That's f***in typical. The refs think it was a fu**ing Star Trek movie! doh

• 2 weeks later...
No major mistakes for a while from our boys in black.

I'm shocked :)

That Ref we had yesterday was fucking dire again though.

And apparently Motherwell were denied a penalty after a Caldwell hand-ball? I haven't seen it, that's just what I heard on the radio.

And apparently Motherwell were denied a penalty after a Caldwell hand-ball? I haven't seen it, that's just what I heard on the radio.

I think it was ball to hand.

Would have been very harsh.

I think it was ball to hand.

Would have been very harsh.

Cool. Like I said, I never seen it myself.

No major decisions this weekend fortunately.

• 1 month later...