Turncoats. name and shame

i been thinking cuz an old mate i use to hang about with, i seen him for the first time in 3 years n i see him in a celtic top. the same guy that had miller on his rangers top the first time he was here.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Owen Coyle although to be fair to him he had no chance of getting anywhere the Scotland team and the same applied to Tommy Coyne. I think you should only be allowed to play for a nation you weren't born in if your country of birth decided it could do without you...

I know a guy that used to support Rangers but started supporting Celtic after they won the league and now he goes on about 3 in a row doh he said he was bored with the style of football but why would you decide to support Celtic instead ? :huh: they're no better than us. I bet he wouldn't have swapped sides had we won the league or UEFA Cup :mad: I no longer speak to him

To be fair to the Hamilton youngster I think he actually went to Scotland and asked if they were interested in him but nothing ever happened so he went to Ireland. So I've heard anyways.

To be fair to the Hamilton youngster I think he actually went to Scotland and asked if they were interested in him but nothing ever happened so he went to Ireland. So I've heard anyways.

Even if that was true, the guy was about 16 years old. Unless the Scotland set-up said "We're never, ever going to pick you"....

Even if that was true, the guy was about 16 years old. Unless the Scotland set-up said "We're never, ever going to pick you"....

True. Im not backing him up, I'd never turn my back on Scotland especially for that shower of Tim shite, but thought it was worth mentioning.

i been thinking cuz an old mate i use to hang about with, i seen him for the first time in 3 years n i see him in a celtic top. the same guy that had miller on his rangers top the first time he was here.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Was ignored by Scotland despite his obvious talents.

Ireland scouted him, played him from a young age.

His grandfather was Irish, said he would love to see him play for Ireland.

Whats the problem?

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

He was a 16-year-old kid playing in a lower division. You should give the land of your (and your parents') birth a bit more of a chance before you turn to the Republic of Ireland. I have no problem with Coyle or Coyne who waited a lot longer and really weren't wanted by Scotland.

Owen Coyle although to be fair to him he had no chance of getting anywhere the Scotland team and the same applied to Tommy Coyne. I think you should only be allowed to play for a nation you weren't born in if your country of birth decided it could do without you...

In defence of Tommy Coyne i met him a while back when Hearts were in mallorca he was the perfect gentleman a far cry from the likes of Stevie Fulton who was a complete arsehole.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

He was a 16-year-old kid playing in a lower division. You should give the land of your (and your parents') birth a bit more of a chance before you turn to the Republic of Ireland. I have no problem with Coyle or Coyne who waited a lot longer and really weren't wanted by Scotland.

Kevin MacDonald and Jamie Adams were getting regular action for the under 19's and under 21's, despite Jamie Adams being clearly gash.

A few lads from Berwick and Ross County were getting call ups for the under 16's, 18's and 21's.

McCarthy is a million times better than them all. He was ignored full stop, for all age groups.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

(tu)

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

Kevin MacDonald and Jamie Adams were getting regular action for the under 19's and under 21's, despite Jamie Adams being clearly gash.

A few lads from Berwick and Ross County were getting call ups for the under 16's, 18's and 21's.

McCarthy is a million times better than them all. He was ignored full stop, for all age groups.

So he threw his toys out the pram? I stand by what I said above.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

Playing international football is hardly throwing your toys out the pram!

The boy loves football, he wants to play for people that want him.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

As I implied above, I doubt if his native land (and that of his parents) said they were never, ever going to pick him.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

As I implied above, I doubt if his native land (and that of his parents) said they were never, ever going to pick him.

So if you were one of the best young players in Scotland, and you saw diddies getting picked ahead of you who were playing lower league football for lesser teams, you'd know that you were a shoe in to play for the country at a later date when arguably, you're facing higher competition?

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

So if you were one of the best young players in Scotland, and you saw diddies getting picked ahead of you who were playing lower league football for lesser teams, you'd know that you were a shoe in to play for the country at a later date when arguably, you're facing higher competition?

I'd wait and see. Also, if I was confident enough in my own ability I'd believe I'd have a good chance of being picked later on, when I was at a bigger club or in a bigger league. I wouldn't go stomping off to another country aged 16 (or was it 15?).

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

I'd wait and see. Also, if I was confident enough in my own ability I'd believe I'd have a good chance of being picked later on, when I was at a bigger club or in a bigger league. I wouldn't go stomping off to another country aged 16 (or was it 15?).

Nonsense.

Why do you get the feeling he stomped off?

You don't even know his name ffs but you've come to the conclusion that he took the huff!

He wanted to do his granda proud and had no faith in the Scottish set up. Case closed!

Be pissed off at Scotland for their oversight, not at a boy who just wanted to play football.

canny stands that.

ones i can think ov

mcgeady

that hamilton player.

dalgelish

mcormack

simon donnely

khenny misser

ma mate mikey

burke

anyone think of anymore?

Whats the problem?

Nonsense.

Why do you get the feeling he stomped off?

You don't even know his name ffs but you've come to the conclusion that he took the huff!

He wanted to do his granda proud and had no faith in the Scottish set up. Case closed!

Be pissed off at Scotland for their oversight, not at a boy who just wanted to play football.

I do know his name. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

You a chum of his or something?

No, I've seen him playing since he was a youth.

Clearly streets ahead of anyone in his age group.

It was missed because the Scotland scouts were too damn incompetent to even come and watch him.

No, I've seen him playing since he was a youth.

Clearly streets ahead of anyone in his age group.

It was missed because the Scotland scouts were too damn incompetent to even come and watch him.

Like I said, he should have waited. You disagree? So be it.