Who would be made temporary captain?

numansnewman

Give it to Christian :ph34r::mutley:

In all honestly, I would give it to Thomson or McGregor.

Other posts have said McGregor over Thomson due to Thomson disciplinary record, but to be honest McGregor's isn't great for a goal keeper, the role Thomson has in the team you expect him to get a few yellow cards. IMO it doesn't matter about disciplinary records, or as some have said what they can teach other players, a captains role is to encourage players if needed, give them a rocket if needed, and be a communicator(mainly between referee and rest of the players). Fergie is a good example of this as certainly in his younger days his disciplinary record was far less than impeccable, you can certainly see him giving people rockets, he may not be the best at encouragement, but he certainly shows the way the players should be playing by leading by example which IMO makes up for his lack of encouragement skills.

Mendes is the obvious choice. A natural leader and inspiration, who could not improve being led and playing alongside him. With regards to him being too 'new', Butcher was instantly made captain and had a fair degree of success.

if david cant get out his rocking chair one day

who would take the armband

never liked keepers wearing it

got to be a regular

but what if it went to thomson ?

difficult position for barry to get back in,in these circumstances

only other option is papac,

and that doesnt seem right somehow

?????????

Whats the problem ? The Keep Believing attitude is back ! No Danger ! :sherlock:

Steven Davis.

Still very young and couldnt teach Mendes anything

i would actually have Davis as captain. He has leadership experience as the captain of Northern Ireland. He's been here longer than Mendes so he has a better understanding of the characters of the squad. Also, the lad bleeds blue and has a deep sense of our proud history. As much as I like Mendes and as great as his english is, it's pretty clear to see that Davis is more eloquent when it comes to the mother tongue.

The other choice i see being prevalent is Thomson, which i wouldn't mind either, but the lad has issues with his discipline with his clumsy tackles. I think someone should be there to keep him in check. Also, yes Thomson was the captain of hibs, but Davis has played at the higher level of the EPL and international football.

problem i have with mendes is that he is the new boy.

You work for 3 years in your work - person comes in and is only there for 1 month and gets promoted before you - you are gonna feel a bit pissed off..... that could happen within the team

Mendes for me.

He may be new, but we've heard he's REALLY appreciated in the dressing room, a lovely guy, perfect English etc etc. And look at his trophy cabinet!

Captaincy may just bring an added edge of responsibillity and common sense to Thomson's play though.

I think Thommo would benefit greatly from getting the armband. it might be just what he needs to stop him picking up so many bookings if he was leading by example

No it is his lack of pace, poor movement and Hibs upbringing which cause the bookings.Giving him the armband won't solve the problems.

I think Thommo would benefit greatly from getting the armband. it might be just what he needs to stop him picking up so many bookings if he was leading by example

No it is his lack of pace, poor movement and Hibs upbringing which cause the bookings.Giving him the armband won't solve the problems.

his lack of pace which charged through the celtic defence to get his goal? (and hes scored similar against them at parkhead iirc), his movement which has saw him form great pasing triangles in our midfield with mendes/davis as of late? must be the hibs upbringing

This isn't my choice but I think Beasley would be a good name to throw into the mix. If he was playing regularly then I'd maybe think about it. There's not many players in our team more experienced than him. He has 78 caps for USA and has played in the Champions League for PSV. Maybe a bit of a dark horse ;).

My choice would actually be Mendes. I think a captain should be able to inspire the players around him. Mendes is the only inspirational player we have right now!