Can I ask the Boyd haters?

ricksen_da_best

We have a very poor selection of strikers IMO.

Out of the summer striker signings Laff is the only lad that has showen some sign that he was worth the money imo.

Boyd has been awful this season. Novo has done a solid job as usual.

We need a better striker.

Cousin was a great player. Decent in the air at times, good shot, good control and good pace. Boyd has very little of these attributes. Shame he was a cunt.

If we want to competing in the Champions League, we don't have one striker capable of doing ANYTHING like that at the moment.

Our strike force is adequate for domestic matters, but that's all.

But that should do for this season :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game and thought I would come on and see what the Boydie haters are saying after todays game. Now I will agree that Boyd had a poor game today but no one can argue with the fact that his crutial goals have earned us three vital points today.

So far I've read comments such as "Great goals but that was about it from him", "Boyd is pish" and "I dont rate him, i like that he scored today, but most of the time he has less ability than charlie adam and is anonymous " etc etc. I can't help but laugh at these muppets and ask myself, what the f.ck do these people want from the guy ??

I am sick and tired of the criticism the guy gets on this forum from "so called" Rangers fans and i'm sick and tired of hearing that he "only scores against poor, lower league teams" and "only scores un-important goals in games we win with 5-6 goals". Well todays goals against Kilmarnock (a team who was joint top with us at the start of the day) further prove how vital Boyds goals are and what an asset to the team he his.

:rangers:

Questioning our loyalty just because we can see obvious faults in his game?

Give me strength.

Papa don’t even get me started today, I was targeting the so called fans that consistently stick the knife into Boydie irrespective of his vital goals. Yes he has faults, there is not a player on this planet that doesn’t but to constantly criticise a Rangers player even when they guy is winning us games is just pathetic.

Give me strength.

Papa don’t even get me started today, I was targeting the so called fans that consistently stick the knife into Boydie irrespective of his vital goals. Yes he has faults, there is not a player on this planet that doesn’t but to constantly criticise a Rangers player even when they guy is winning us games is just pathetic.

It's about as repetitive as the eight 'Told you so' threads when he plays well for the first time in 3 weeks, in all fairness.

This is getting boring now TBH. When we signed Boyd was it because

a) His ability to hold the ball up and link with midfield

b) His ability to take defenders on

c) His work rate

d) His natural goalscoring instinct

Of course the answer is d). He has done the job in that front, proving to be a sound investment. What do you expect for £400K.....etc!

Give me strength.

It's about as repetitive as the eight 'Told you so' threads when he plays well for the first time in 3 weeks, in all fairness.

Or the many "Boydie is PI.SH" threads that appear when he has even one bad game and doesn't score, non?

Its amazing how players like Cousin and Sebo etc. can become almost cult hero type figures in the eyes of some and yet a player like Boydie (who has won us god knows how many points and trophies) can do nothing right. As someone above said, some fans dont know when they are well off !!

c) His work rate

Of course the answer is d). He has done the job in that front, proving to be a sound investment. What do you expect for £400K.....etc!

We got Kirk Broadfoot for free, yet he's worked on the weak parts of his game without anyone asking him to.

Give me strength.

Or the many "Boydie is PI.SH" threads that appear when he has even one bad game and doesn't score, non?

Its amazing how players like Cousin and Sebo etc. can become almost cult hero type figures in the eyes of some and yet a player like Boydie (who has won us god knows how many points and trophies) can do nothing right. As someone above said, some fans dont know when they are well off !!

God knows how many trophies?

He helped us win two last year, the first two since he signed for us.

Boyd usually is a man down when he doesn't score, I cant remember his last meaningful contribution in a game where he didn't score.

Cousin, ability wise, shits all over Boyd. You're just being daft if you can't see it. Compare Boyd's performances v Aberdeen and Falkirk to Cousin's v Celtic, you surely accept that.

As for Sebo........:anguish:

Today he just proved the point of how good a goalscorer he is, and people may scoff at him scoring penalties but they aren't as easy as they look and Boyd is very good at it. The second goal was a very good strikers instinct, typical Boyd.

As Walter Smith said himself after the game hes probably going to end up our top goalscorer again this season, we have no-one better when it comes to goalscoring.

c) His work rate

We got Kirk Broadfoot for free, yet he's worked on the weak parts of his game without anyone asking him to.

Not much of an argument really. Every player has their faults (Even Pedro!) We knew what we were getting with Boyd, and we knew we were getting a rough diamond in Broadfoot, who even now is only half the player Hutton is. If its a question of attitude, then all the Cousin backers can take a seat.

Give me strength.

Smith opted to play Cousin ahead of Boyd in the Champions league, UEFA Cup and at Celtic Park.

Smith opted to play Sebo (the worst striker to ever play for us) ahead of Boyd in the UEFA Cup and at Celtic Park.

Does that make him a "muppet" as well?

I know what you're saying but to callously dismiss fans as "muppets" for not sharing your opinion on the aforementioned player is just wrong.

As i mentioned in the other thread, i'll give Boyd praise when i think he deserves it. I mean, i was actually having a go at Smith for not starting him in the Kaunas games due to the strong finish he had in the 07/08 season.

Today didnt teach us anything we didnt already know about Boyd and as PG says, these posts/threads are just getting tedious.

Kenny Miller.

And please, i am really not a "Boyd hater".

:anguish:

I think Walter Smith, Alex McLeish and George Burley would all agree with me on that one, mate.

Thats true but I only really rate 1 of those managers and they've never managed Rangers.

c) His work rate

Not much of an argument really. Every player has their faults (Even Pedro!) We knew what we were getting with Boyd, and we knew we were getting a rough diamond in Broadfoot, who even now is only half the player Hutton is. If its a question of attitude, then all the Cousin backers can take a seat.

How's it not much of an argument?

Broadfoot and Boyd were poor footballers. Boyd has hardly improved, yet Broadfoot has improved drastically.

Just because Boyd was good with Killie doesn't mean that he can come here to Ibrox and think that he's made it in life. He could be so much better if he worked on his poor traits, no-one can seriously deny that.

Give me strength.

Boyd usually is a man down when he doesn't score, I cant remember his last meaningful contribution in a game where he didn't score.

Cousin, ability wise, shits all over Boyd. You're just being daft if you can't see it. Compare Boyd's performances v Aberdeen and Falkirk to Cousin's v Celtic, you surely accept that.

Jesus you want to wake up and smell the stuff that coming out of your mouth !!

"I cant remember his last meaningful contribution in a game where he didn't score"

Watch the StMirren game at Ibrox from last season as an example, Ferguson played a cross into the box which was too high for Boydie and went sailing over his head. As this cross came into the box ALL three of the StMirren defenders recognised Boyd as the danger man and ALL three moved to stop him gettng on the end of the cross. As a result of thier actions they left Burke totaly unmarked at the back post with all the time in the world to put the ball in the back of the net.

Now Boyd didnt assist in this goal, he didnt score the goal either and as the stats show he took no part in the goal either. However his pressence in the box and his reputation led the StMirren defenders to act as they did leaving Burke free to score. You said that "If Boyd doesnt score its like playing with a man down" well I say if you actually believe this comment then you are less intellegent than you look as its the most rediculous statement I have ever heard !!

As for Cousin there is no doubt he has far more ability than Boyd, but how can a player who only played to the best of his ability maybe 4-5 times since he arrived at the club can become more of a hero than a guy who has been our top scorer for the last 3 seasons is just beyond me.

Im not a hater of Boyd but i do think that apart from the goals today he didnt contribute much to the game and thats why broadfoot got MOTM. Personally i cant really see the Boyd/ Miller partnership working well. Compared to having Novo/ Prso partnership, there was a proper link up between them but today they both seemed to be going for the same ball. But thats just my opinion

Kenny Miller.

I think Walter Smith, Alex McLeish and George Burley would all agree with me on that one, mate.

Thats true but I only really rate 1 of those managers and they've never managed Rangers.

I hear George speaks highly of you too. :rolleyes:

Kenny Miller.

I hear George speaks highly of you too. :rolleyes:

Great! :)

Give me strength.

Jesus you want to wake up and smell the stuff that coming out of your mouth !!

"I cant remember his last meaningful contribution in a game where he didn't score"

Watch the StMirren game at Ibrox from last season as an example, Ferguson played a cross into the box which was too high for Boydie and went sailing over his head. As this cross came into the box ALL three of the StMirren defenders recognised Boyd as the danger man and ALL three moved to stop him gettng on the end of the cross. As a result of thier actions they left Burke totaly unmarked at the back post with all the time in the world to put the ball in the back of the net.

Now Boyd didnt assist in this goal, he didnt score the goal either and as the stats show he took no part in the goal either. However his pressence in the box and his reputation led the StMirren defenders to act as they did leaving Burke free to score. You said that "If Boyd doesnt score its like playing with a man down" well I say if you actually believe this comment then you are less intellegent than you look as its the most rediculous statement I have ever heard !!

As for Cousin there is no doubt he has far more ability than Boyd, but how can a player who only played to the best of his ability maybe 4-5 times since he arrived at the club can become more of a hero than a guy who has been our top scorer for the last 3 seasons is just beyond me.

For every game you give me that he made a contribution without scoring, I could give you one where he done absolutley fuck all.

You need to be a tad more respectful mate. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I'm less intelligent (td)

Boyd scored a good goal today, and put the penalty away well. I thought his overall performance was poor, but despite me not being a fan, I was content to see him in the starting line-up.

In fact, Boyd can start every home game against Killie and the 'rest' of the SPL for the rest of his Rangers career. Fine by me (tu)

Just keep him away from Old Firm matches and europe. And to be on the safe side, leave him out of what would be deemed tough SPL away trips such as Tynecastle and Pittodrie.