Can I ask the Boyd haters?

ricksen_da_best

Whos the best striker at the club?

Your agruement before was that Cousin was better, Cousin aint here now..

Whos the best?

I'll tell you when you leave school. 'Boyd haters' indeed. It's Boyd 'not raters' and that's a big difference. Boyd will play and score against pish, Kilmarnock are pish. Boyd will not play against quality, celtc and European games. Smith has said as much again today after the game.

"He'll always get goals, but we know that with some of the games we have and the qualities of the opposition that we have to adjust to that and might not get the number of starts he's used to.

Official site. So that tells you Smith thinks he's the best option when we play the shyte but not the best option when we play quality. So who does that then make our best striker?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No boyd, no 3 points today.

You don't know that...

who else would have scored?

I don't know that either...

Whoever may have played instead of him may have created a goal for someone else or tucked the ball away themselves. We can't just say that we wouldn't have won without Boyd.

You don't know that...

Whoever may have played instead of him may have created a goal for someone else or tucked the ball away themselves. We can't just say that we wouldn't have won without Boyd.

Sadly thats the stance that the majority of the Boyd fans take.

You don't know that...

Sadly thats the stance that the majority of the Boyd fans take.

I would imagine, out of the countless games where boyd has been the only scorer for us... and theres plenty of them, that not playing boyd, would have resulted in lost points... boyd fan? its called being a Rangers fan... ive never claimed boyd to be a world beater, but he gets uncalled for abuse and slated

"I was obviously disappointed to miss out on an OId Firm game but I can't have any complaints. The team went there and won and it's up to me to get my head down and work hard and get myself back in the team.

Kris Boyd celebrates his second goal"I've done that today and I've managed to get two goals in the end."

Maybe hes realising it now, he came out and won us the match today.

His overall contribution today was poor as always. He tucked away the penalty nicely and he showed good strength to turn the defender for the 2nd but offered little else. I thought Miller's performance today was first class.

Not another one of these threads after Boyd scores doh

Best forward - not Boyd.

Best goalscorer - Boyd.

Even I said I'd play him today, he always scores against Killie.

Totally agree.

It's laughable how everyone just loves him now he banged a few in.

Apart from the two goals he had a horrible game today.

Apart from the two goals it would have been 1-0 to Killie and we'd be on level points with Timmy.

Not another one of these threads after Boyd scores doh

Best forward - not Boyd.

Best goalscorer - Boyd.

Even I said I'd play him today, he always scores against Killie.

Totally agree.

It's laughable how everyone just loves him now he banged a few in.

Apart from the two goals he had a horrible game today.

Apart from the two goals it would have been 1-0 to Killie and we'd be on level points with Timmy.

Cause no one else can hit a penalty?

I hate it when people who do not rate a player get called 'haters', that is just a load of f*kn bollocks and annoys the tits out of me.

I don't rate Boyd as a footballer but he's a goalscorer and I have never argued with that, doesn't mean I f*kn hate him.

Play him in games like Killie, St. Mirren, Motherwell, Falkirk....just keep him away from the big ones, like Old Firm matches, away trips to Pittodrie, Easter Road and in Europe.

He's been here a good few seasons now and his allround game has hardly improved.

As for the best striker at the club, I honestly don't have a clue and I don't believe it's Boyd, goalscorer- yes, best striker, no.

He done nothing in the 1st half and was handed a penalty AFTER the work of others. Noone else in the team can take a penalty? Im sure Nacho would have fancied it and Steven Davis is a great penalty taker as well.

No penalty and Boyd would have contributed nothing.

Yes he scored 2 goals, but to say without him we would have lost is riddiculous. 2 weeks ago without him we played the best football we have played AND scored 4 goals in the process.

Why cant we just be happy Rangers won?

There`s a big difference between best striker and best goalscorer.So they would say that they miss Cousin.

I wouldnt agree. I would say that a strikers primary role is to put the ball in the back off the net. No one at the club can even come close to Boyd in this respect. Therefore in this case the top goalscorer would be your best striker.

There`s a big difference between best striker and best goalscorer.So they would say that they miss Cousin.

I wouldnt agree. I would say that a strikers primary role is to put the ball in the back off the net. No one at the club can even come close to Boyd in this respect. Therefore in this case the top goalscorer would be your best striker.

You`re right,but Boyd is not our best striker.And that`s why a lot of people here don`t rate him.But he`s our best goalscorer,that`s why i rate him.

The only thing we need from Boyd is goals.As long as he scores - i don`t even care if he`s lazy,unfit,drunk,etc.

It's about as repetitive as the eight 'Told you so' threads when he plays well for the first time in 3 weeks, in all fairness.

Or the many "Boydie is PI.SH" threads that appear when he has even one bad game and doesn't score, non?

You're both right here, and it seems you both agree on this point. The irony is, even though you both recognise it's a circular argument and both sides are repetitive and unmoveable, you continue to argue about it <cr>

I don't think anyone on this website has claimed Boyd is an all round great footballer. Some think his goal-scoring rate makes up for the lack of ability, some don't. Why can't we all just get on? :kiss1:

One thing that alarms me about Boyd is his lack of improvement since joining Rangers. For a young guy, he hasn't improved a great deal as a player.

No questioning his goal scoring ability, however he had a pretty poor game yesterday and made it easy for the Kilmarnock defence. It's a mute argument, but a different type of striker may of caused Kilmarnock more problems, and created more opportunities for the team to score, by making space.

That's the big one for me. Said in another thread if he worked as hard at his game and fitness as Broadfoot did he'd be at Man U! OK, so maybe an exaggeration but I think it's fair to say he'd be much improved. If Kirk and Hutton could improve out of all recognition why can't Boyd?

I think it just comes down to his mentality, it's all wrong for a modern player but there is still hope as Barry Robson was very late in his career before recognising working hard at his game was essential.

He's been told be no fewer than 4 managers in his short career that he needs to work hard on his game but he appears to know better and I feel fans who accept what he brings to the table as 'enough' are partially responsible too.

If every fan demanded more of him then he'd be in a grand majority of 1 in thinking that goals against the pish is enough. I think he sits back and thinks fans like trueblue1872 (the only example I can see on this particular page mate!) think it's enough so he's not going to push the boat out and do any more.

Any player has got to want to improve and Boyd must know by now that goals against pish will not secure him a place against decent teams. How much evidence does he need ffs when Smith and others drop him for big games time after time?

Boydie, get yer finger out, take a leaf out of Kirks book and push yourself onto the next level. It's for your benefit, the teams and the fans.

One thing that alarms me about Boyd is his lack of improvement since joining Rangers. For a young guy, he hasn't improved a great deal as a player.

I agree - that's what's so depressing about him - he does have a great natural talent, but appears to think that's enough. Watching him get muscled off the ball so often yesterday when he's such a big guy means he just doesn't spend much time working on his upper body strength. Actually, looking at his waistline, I don't think he spends much time in the gym. That penalty claim he had was down to him being unable to get away from the defender so he fell down. Barely gets a foot off the ground when he jumps.

Took his goal well yesterday, no doubt about it, but we know he can do that. As for the "we would have lost if it wasn't for Boydy" business - he had already had two excellent chances to score before the penalty. How does anyone know that if they had not fallen to another striker we wouldn't have been 2-1 up even before Nacho earned a penalty. Most ppl around me at Ibrox felt it was a toss up at half time whether Smith would hook Beasley or Boyd, that's how poor he had been.

I don't hate Boyd, but he is such a frustrating player because he could be so much better than he is.

The question people should be asking him is this - "Who do you think has more natural talent - you or Kirk Broadfoot? Who played for Scotland and scored this week? Why is that?"

I'm not sure who the "best" striker is at the club now that Cousin has gone - haven't seen enough of Lafferty or Velicka to judge, but I do know who the best striker in Scotland is currently - and he doesn't play for us (and is Greek)