Our most expensive player

bluenose4life

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Baxter in his prime could be sold today for around the 18million mark.

Mendes 11million?! HA. He is far too old for that kind of price. Players are investments remember. You either want something back for it eventually or many many years of great play. We will get neither from Mendes, probably 2, maybe 3 years of good service then maybe half of what we paid for him. (dont mean to sound negative but im being realistic)

We got 7.5mil for GVB and i reckon we would have been lucky to get much more.

Chris Woods would fetch a few quid today?

Mendes 11 million? bahahaha

I know he's a class player but you're havin' a laugh.

so are you saying that if you, owner of rangers, were given a £5m offer for him, u'd take it? cos i wouldnt take anything under £11 for him atm. Thats my valuation on him (guesstimation)

I wouldnt take less than 11million for my old vinyll collection. Noones going to pay it though.

A bit ridiculous to suggest that any of our players just now are worth £11m, especially Mendes after 4/5 games.

Agree with that statement PG.

From my time, how much do you think we could have sold Laudrup or Gazza in their prime at todays rates?

I honestly think we could have fetched £20-25M each for them.

Mendes £11m (i know we just got him, but just look at his performances of late, look at his performaces at pompey and his country perfoamces!)

Pedro Mendes, the Champions League, UEFA Cup & FA Cup winner's value is not going to have increased by nearly four times what we paid for him on the basis of him having a good start in the SPL.

Let's have a degree of realism please.

Again, i only seem to be making negative comments at the moment but you have to remember this.

The SPL isnt the Premiership or La Liga.

To put it in perspective, there are a few players in Division 1 who are putting in great performances week in week out but to step up to the SPL they would struggle a bit. Thats just the structure of football.

If players like Laudrup had been playing in the bigger leagues in their prime they would blend into the backround somewhat more than playing againt SPL opposition. Much like Hutton has, Ferguson did and Cueller will.

You have to look at world football as a whole when making your valuations.

Mendes 11 million? bahahaha

I know he's a class player but you're havin' a laugh.

so are you saying that if you, owner of rangers, were given a £5m offer for him, u'd take it? cos i wouldnt take anything under £11 for him atm. Thats my valuation on him (guesstimation)

From this post I can tell you don't know much about football.

Our most valuable player right now technically speaking is Thomson as he's the one we received an actual bid of £4M for apparently.

Barry has no value as he's ageing, is returning from injury, and wouldn't ever leave.

Davis and Mendes are of course worth £3M, and DMB's value probably hasn't changed since we signed him - still at about £700,000 to a million

Other assets are Boyd and AM - AM on form is probably our most valuable player at imo about £5M. Boyd is about £3M at the most.

And lastly Bougherra doesn't look like a £3M defender to me. Looks about one million but that's just opinion.

That would depend on where he was sold from and to. Baxter was better than Zidane, a different league from Beckham, Deco or Pirlo and might as well have been from a different planet to players like Hargreaves, Carrick or Essien.

That would depend on where he was sold from and to. Baxter was better than Zidane, a different league from Beckham, Deco or Pirlo and might as well have been from a different planet to players like Hargreaves, Carrick or Essien.

Baxter in his prime would be worth what Messi, Ronaldo etc are.

He was simple the most talented player we've ever had, with the exception of Laudrup.

capucho i thought a class apart with his blue head band

Is it the weather for fishing today? ;)

I have to say Laudrup, Gazza, Van Bronckhorst and Gattuso could all have made us a lot of money if sold at the right time

We did get a lot of money for Van Bronkhorst..............

I'd like to say our most valuable player ever would have been Davie Cooper - a gentleman and a legend who I was lucky enough to meet several times. However, his reputation for being the 'moody blue' would probably have put some people off. In which case, I'd say Jim Baxter. John Greig would have been the better buy, IMO but the really crazy pricing has always been for flair players.

jim baxter would be worth a fortune.

At last some sense, The Slim one would actually be priceless in todays market.The best teams in the World would be lining up asking Rangers to say:

Name your price Rangers,whatever you want.There isn't a mid- fielder in the game today could lace Baxters boots. (tu)

At last some sense, The Slim one would actually be priceless in todays market.The best teams in the World would be lining up asking Rangers to say:

Name your price Rangers,whatever you want.There isn't a mid- fielder in the game today could lace Baxters boots. (tu)

polar bear you are spot on, baxter would make rangers a fortune when you see the modern day prices. (tu)

polar bear you are spot on, baxter would make rangers a fortune when you see the modern day prices. (tu)

(tu) Would hope not to sell him though from what videos i've seen of him.

Has he no son that wanted to play for rangers? :P

Mcgregor, we could probably get about £8M for him, after that, we could be looking at about £5M for Thomson

F#ck have you been drinking? doh

well i know waht i was drinking when i made the oriningal post LOL! :bouncy: (yeah, £11m for mendes was a bit too much - id say around £5 atm tho)

Mcgregor, we could probably get about £8M for him, after that, we could be looking at about £5M for Thomson

F#ck have you been drinking? doh

well i know waht i was drinking when i made the oriningal post LOL! :bouncy: (yeah, £11m for mendes was a bit too much - id say around £5 atm tho)

Aye that auld chestnut :rolleyes: