Bougherra still isn't doing it for me

Danny

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep waiting for this guy to shine, but he keeps looking thoroughly average. He got robbed embarrassingly by Twaddle once, misread a simple enough lobbed ball, and just regularly looks anything but convincing.

I hate him, but I admit Cuellar was heads and shoulders better than 'Magic' who is anything but his handle imo.

I am waiting for him to produce something decent - and the odd reasonable interception here and there is what any average SPL defender can do - it's what they're paid for and why they're called defenders. And they're not worth £3M for that quality.

Magic - start living up to your name.

I think he's done pretty well since he came in.

The problem is, is that he will constantly be compared to Cueller.

He's quicker than Cueller and better on the ball, but as a defender Cueller was superior IMO.

He's not as dominant in the air as King Carlos or as strong in the tackle but I think he'll be a good player for us.

I'd have loved to have seen the two of them playing together! Would have been an ideal partnership IMO.

Hopefully we'll sign a big strong CB in January or the Summer to play next to Bougherra. Someone who is dominant in the air.

If we do that then I think we'll have a very strong CB partnership.

I keep waiting for this guy to shine, but he keeps looking thoroughly average. He got robbed embarrassingly by Twaddle once, misread a simple enough lobbed ball, and just regularly looks anything but convincing.

I hate him, but I admit Cuellar was heads and shoulders better than 'Magic' who is anything but his handle imo.

I am waiting for him to produce something decent - and the odd reasonable interception here and there is what any average SPL defender can do - it's what they're paid for and why they're called defenders. And they're not worth £3M for that quality.

f*ck sake are you ever happy, magic is a good defender and picks out some good passes involved in a few of our buid ups for goals this season, as for the header he missed which was not that easy he made up for it by getting the ball back!!

players need time not everyone is a mendes and a cuellar, would you rather we dropped him and played dailly??

no I bet you would not!!

Think Bougherra's doing a good job but the big test will be next season when we get into Europe and hopefully stay there for more than 2 games. Only game you can judge him was Celtic and I think he was different class at the Stade de Gadd

I think he has been very solid and one reason we ARE top of the SPL. He is the only one with pace in the defence. No real clangers to date at all. Think you are out of line Danny. If he had played vs Kaunas we may still be in Europe.

Do you often tell people whose opinions differ to your own that they are 'out of line'?

Ok Point taken my friend. Lets just agree to differ. OK?

No, because you're out of line :P

f*ck sake are you ever happy, magic is a good defender and picks out some good passes involved in a few of our buid ups for goals this season, as for the header he missed which was not that easy he made up for it by getting the ball back!!

players need time not everyone is a mendes and a cuellar, would you rather we dropped him and played dailly??

no I bet you would not!!

I'd be fine with that. Dailly's much better in the air and quicker.

Magic doesn't look anything out of the ordinary to me.

I'd rather have someone else entirely to both of them, mind you.

What mistakes has Broadfoot made? Not seen him make any of late...?

Indeed, he's arguably been our best defender overall this season.

I just don't think we'll see the best of Madjid till he has a real quality partner. I was agreeing more with Weir's lack of pace and age, it does seem to be catching him up, rather than the critisism of Broadfoot who, I agree, has shut a few people up with his work ethic and willingness to learn.

I think he's done pretty well since he came in.

The problem is, is that he will constantly be compared to Cueller.

He's quicker than Cueller and better on the ball, but as a defender Cueller was superior IMO.

He's not as dominant in the air as King Carlos or as strong in the tackle but I think he'll be a good player for us.

I'd have loved to have seen the two of them playing together! Would have been an ideal partnership IMO.

Hopefully we'll sign a big strong CB in January or the Summer to play next to Bougherra. Someone who is dominant in the air.

If we do that then I think we'll have a very strong CB partnership.

I don't understand this comment about being better on the ball than Cuellar - Cuellar never got robbed of it, and often made darting runs forward without losing it.

They're both about equal for distribution, but Cuellar was much more solid in defence.

Thing is, I'm not actually caring about Cuellar - I rate Bougherra on his own, and for me he's no better than Weir, Broadfoot, Dailly or Webster in the middle.

I feel like because he's a big shiny expensive foreign signing we're being a lot easier on him than we would if he was Mark Bognor.

Once again a positive thread from the Rev. I. M. Jolly, sorry i meant Danny. you must really be a hoot to sit next to at a game, you never have a positive thing to say about Rangers or any of their players. The other day you even had a post saying Laudrip was just an ordinary player who found his level in Scotland. GET A LIFE!!!

you must be kidding , its clear tht if we were to replace cuellar like for like it would cost us 10 million or more so why compare present players to past players his name isnt carlos cuellar and we could have signed someone worse our defence looks strong most of the time

Once again a positive thread from the Rev. I. M. Jolly, sorry i meant Danny. you must really be a hoot to sit next to at a game, you never have a positive thing to say about Rangers or any of their players.

That would be a bit of a lie.

The other day you even had a post saying Laudrip was just an ordinary player who found his level in Scotland.

Hmm, funny, thought I used the word 'sensational' but hey.

GET A LIFE!!!

People who say that lack one of their own.

I think he has been very solid and one reason we ARE top of the SPL. He is the only one with pace in the defence. No real clangers to date at all. Think you are out of line Danny. If he had played vs Kaunas we may still be in Europe.

Do you often tell people whose opinions differ to your own that they are 'out of line'?

Ok Point taken my friend. Lets just agree to differ. OK?

No, because you're out of line :P

Ha ha Good Answer!

:harhar:

no I bet you would not!!

Cmon mate, Dailly is quicker and better in the air than Bougherra? Nonsense.

The fact Amdy Faye looked more comfortable than Dailly at centre half says it all really.

Bougherra is a pretty solid player. However I suspect that he is the type of player who will struggle when he comes up against a old school forward in the Jim Hamilton, Billy Mehmet or even Jan Venegoor of Hessilink type player.

However it says a lot about how he is playing when we haven't had a "god we missed Cuellar today" type thread.

, would you rather we dropped him and played dailly??

no I bet you would not!!

My god doh doh doh

So does that mean you think Bougherra is superior in the above 2 qualities?

i actually posted in the game thread ive not been that impressed with him still has a lot to do to win over this bear but hopefully come the end of the season even i will contribute to the danny and kpl know feck all thread if he helps us win the league

Totally m8. I would love nothing more than to be made to look silly over this one - but right now he's not exactly setting the heather alight.

, would you rather we dropped him and played dailly??

no I bet you would not!!

My god doh doh doh

So does that mean you think Bougherra is superior in the above 2 qualities?

I certainly think Bougherra is faster

Overall i think theres a massive difference, like Man Utd dropping Ronaldo and letting Fletcher play

no I bet you would not!!

Cmon mate, Dailly is quicker and better in the air than Bougherra? Nonsense.

I can't prove it to you because as someone else, in fact it might have been yourself, said you can show a player doing this that and the next thing but the other guy will still stick to their view.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...4778&st=440

But that's the thread of the game where he came in as defensive midfielder and had a stormer, soaking up every high ball which came at him. Read the views.

The fact Amdy Faye looked more comfortable than Dailly at centre half says it all really.

I didn't actually say Dailly was outstanding in defence, I just said he's better in the air and is quicker than Bougherra. I think they're both average in defence.