Gers To Host Asian Event

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why there are "Asian" football leagues in this country. If they refuse to integrate with everyone else they shouldn't be here.

Really, you don't understand? What do you not understand?

There are women's leagues, seniors leagues, disabled leagues, junior leagues, jewish leagues, boys brigade and so on.

Should *they* not be here, either?

Show racism the red card is full of far left wingers and celtic fans who play the victim card.It's not certainly not a group where what rangers stand for is at home.

This is exactly what a progressve club like The Rangers stand for. Not you, though, apparently.

I dont understand why there are "Asian" football leagues in this country. If they refuse to integrate with everyone else they shouldn't be here.

Really, you don't understand? What do you not understand?

There are women's leagues, seniors leagues, disabled leagues, junior leagues, jewish leagues, boys brigade and so on.

Should *they* not be here, either?

So, women, seniors & disabled are fit to play with everyone else are they? Wisen up Trotsky.

Women would obviously need their own league.

Seniors would too, as would the disabled.

Your use of the Boys Brigade as an example is rather silly in this context, don't you think?

There is no more need for Jewish leagues in this country than there are for Asian leagues.

That is what i dont understand.

Can you understand that Moses?

Like i said, if *they* don't want to integrate, they should not be here.

*they* can be any colour too.

Gers To Host Asian Event

KENNY McDOWALL and Adam Owen have teamed up to coach Scottish side SEMSA ahead of this weekend's climax to the UK Asian Football Championships.

Kenny McDowall helped train the boys for the UK Asian Football ChampionshipRangers, in partnership with Glasgow City Council and Culture and Sport Glasgow, will host the final of event at Ibrox on Sunday at 2pm.

Eight sides will initially do battle at Glasgow Green to win a coveted place in the showpiece game.

And ahead of the weekend, SEMSA visited Murray Park for a training session with first-team coach McDowall and sports scientist Owen.

McDowall said: "Adam and I put let them enjoy the facilities to help them get geared up for the tournament.

"It should be a great event and we'll be cheering on SEMSA. Hopefully the boys do well and make the most of it."Kenny McDowall helped train the boys for the UK Asian Football Championship

The final is free for spectators and the gates will open at 1pm for fans to enjoy the pre-match build-up.

As well as putting SEMSA through their paces, Rangers are today holding an anti-racism workshop with Show Racism The Red Card in the Rangers Study Support Centre.

Around 50 local children will have the chance to visit the high-tech learning centre and take part in a short course aimed at encouraging social inclusion.

The Championships have gone from strength to strength since they were first introduced in 1998 and this is the fourth occasion Rangers has had the pleasure of hosting the competition, which is the UK's number one sporting event for the Asian community.

Kenny McDowall helped train the boys for the UK Asian Football ChampionshipThe competition seeks to raise awareness of the emerging soccer talent in the UK's Asian community, challenge racist attitudes and build up an affiliation between the Asian and mainstream football communities.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain said: "The UK Asian Football Championships demonstrates the universal appeal of football and the power it has to bring together people from different cultures and backgrounds.

"Rangers strives to promote social inclusion and encourage tolerance and understanding of the interests of all sectors of the community.

"We are extremely proud to support an initiative which encompasses all of these objectives in an enjoyable and exciting event."

Great stuff, Rangers!

:rangers:

Murray/bain fed up with there poltical correctness.There injecting into the club.This is bad news this.This featured on the back page and on the page of the record would you believe it ? slave trading in govanhill.

Shows how stupid these workshops are.These problems in govanhill are created by poltical correctness and anti racism not solved by them.So called anti racism has done nothing for the working class in this country.It's a waste of time and has created an army of pen pushers and quantango's who relie on racism for there income.If there isn't any racism one day.They'll just create and find racism which doesn't exist to keep there incomes going.Anti racism causes more racism.Shame on the people who attended this waste of tax payers money.

Show racism the red card is full of far left wingers and celtic fans who play the victim card.It's not certainly not a group where what rangers stand for is at home.

A Perth man who sexually abused teenage girls has been sent to jail for three years and nine months.

Farooq Hussain, 56, who was a prominent member of the local Muslim community, faces an additional 30 months on licence once he leaves prison

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/7584785.stm

Farooq hussian ? He's involed with st johnstone's anti racism project.

The joint event was part of Show Racism the Red Card fortnight of action tackling racism and exclusion through football.

Wilma Armstrong Secretary Perth and Kinross branch of UNISON said: “We are committed to eradicate racism and all kinds of discrimination in all forms and at all levels. UNISON fully supports Show Racism the Red Card campaign.

“It is our pride and privilege to jointly stage the event, and we are committed to promote equality, social inclusion, and good relations among our diverse communities", she added.

Farooq Hussain representing Perth Muslim community expressed similar feelings, and said: “The event coincides with the final week of Holy month of Ramadhan – the month of fasting and peace. The fasting generates the ability to share the spirit of love for all mankind, by ensuring peace and harmony with people around us.

http://www.ethnicnow.com/channels/sport/pr...-community.html

Are the people so happy to have this event on ? happy to see him come here with his SRTC crew and meet kids at ibrox? l'm not.l don't think he should be allowed near kids but seems SRTC do.This far left group full of tims/far left cranks/other weirdo's have no place at a club like rangers.

What a strange person.

I still reckon 70% of the asians in Scotland support Celtic for the main reasons of Celtic being "green" and that linking up with the green of the Pakistan flag and green colour that represents Islam!

Im of the 30% minority though, a Ger thru and thru!

What gets me is the amount of Asians in the country yet there have been very few Asian professionals in any of the senior leagues.

Watch out for my cousin in a few years, hes currently in the Hamilton Accies reserves!

I think sport should be inclusive and disagree with any leagues based on race/religion. Personally I suspect these leagues are Muslim rather than 'Asian', not that that makes much difference to the morality of it.

What gets me is the amount of Asians in the country yet there have been very few Asian professionals in any of the senior leagues.

Watch out for my cousin in a few years, hes currently in the Hamilton Accies reserves!

:mutley:

One thing I'm sure of...discrimination plays no significant part in that. Look at blacks, they have done the opposite and out weigh their proportion of the population at the higher levels of sport.

What are you insinuating?

If there aren't many Asians in senior leagues then it's because they aren't good enough.

I think sport should be inclusive and disagree with any leagues based on race/religion. Personally I suspect these leagues are Muslim rather than 'Asian', not that that makes much difference to the morality of it.

Nope theres loads of hindus and sikhs in it aswell!

:unionflag:

:mutley:

Trust me hes good!

:craphead:

Nope theres loads of hindus and sikhs in it aswell!

:unionflag:

OK...I stand corrected.

What do you think of the idea of sport being divided along racial lines? Seems a bad idea to me. BTW...who decides who is 'Asian'? Are the Chinese, Arabs or even Siberians alowed to play or does someone check that you are of Indian sub-continent stock? Amazing that this allowed, let alone encouraged.