Waddell or Wallace

reddrock

Waddell or Wallace  

46 members have voted

1. 1. who was better

• Waddell
    • Wallace

one of my mates uncle played for utd in the seventies started at gers but dont think he played for first team

alex reid heard of him guys

Yes he played 2 League games for Rangers 66-67 Season, one against Dunfermline we got beat 1-0 and one against St Mirren we won 3-0 and he scored 2 of the goals. 2 Home games. ;):sherlock:

one of my mates uncle played for utd in the seventies started at gers but dont think he played for first team

He's #8 in that game.

sorry bud never noticed that

do you know if he played for us or was in the stiffs only

He did:

IMG1208-1222378260.jpg

Yes he played 2 League games for Rangers 66-67 Season, one against Dunfermline we got beat 1-0 and one against St Mirren we won 3-0 and he scored 2 of the goals. 2 Home games. ;):sherlock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Reid_(footballer)

Loved Jock Wallace, but he had a shite time on his second coming,ending with few honours and a sacking into the bargain...

Greived his loss a dozen years ago though....he was a true blue and his lack of success at breaking the success of Sellik, Aberdeen and D Untd ( no I'm not on drugs!) must have hurt him more than the fans...

Waddell helped him onto the management path and as Waddell left the role to JW after lifting European silver, I have to vote for him although Big Jock will always be special...

Waddell wasn't too keen on our support, vocally at times.

He struggled badly with Celtic and his domestic record was poor.

But you cannot discount Barcelona, nor his statesmanship and approach post-Disaster. And Waddell the Ranger - as player, manager and director - is a considerable figure.

If Wallace had not come back then there would be no real contest. It depends how much weight you give to that second period, and whether you think someone else would have done better with those limitations of resource.

Waddell wasn't too keen on our support, vocally at times.

He struggled badly with Celtic and his domestic record was poor.

But you cannot discount Barcelona, nor his statesmanship and approach post-Disaster. And Waddell the Ranger - as player, manager and director - is a considerable figure.

If Wallace had not come back then there would be no real contest. It depends how much weight you give to that second period, and whether you think someone else would have done better with those limitations of resource.

Good post, Waddell the politician and Wallace the Warrior, thats why Wallace got my vote. :sherlock:

just thinking big jock would have told murray to f--k off, he would not have stopped jock singing the billy boys.

Without any doubt and the thing is it wouldn't have made any difference to Murray's income if he had kept the singing of TBBS. Only the cowards round about him advised him of this ! It would have made not one jot of difference we are thought no better of for doin it ! :sherlock:

i agree with manti waddell done so much for our club, but i loved jock wallace one of us and would have died for the club. i had the honour of meeting jock and having a good old sash bash, he knew and could sing all the songs and will always be a rangers legend. :rangers:

Yes and he was the first to lead the sing song at meetings and gatherings. Great man, great coach, his big mistake was coming back to a club in freefall with an owner who didn't want the club and didn't really want anything to do with it. I think Jock came back because he felt obligated to sort out the club he loved.

I went for Waddell because of his all round contribution to the club as both a player, manager and general manager. In management terms though u would have to give it to Jock Wallace.

However, both are great Rangers men and their type don't come along that often.