NHL 09

dazzareyes

Did anyone else buy this over the weekend.

Brilliant game, I'm on the first line for the NY Rangers :)

Ive scored 35 goals for them so doing pretty well.

Was thinking about joining a club, i played one game online and people were all over the place tho :(.

ps3 or 360?

i have the ps3 version but have yet to go online with it

i made the 2nd line playing for rochester/panthers, 4 goals in 6 games

i can't use the bap controls, i keep pressing the wrong button which in turn makes me fight <cr>

it is fast, but i find that you get on the puck a lot, also when u press R2 (PS3) the player in your team will pass to you.

the game i played online though wasnt really good though, no one really wanted to pass but i suppose it was just one game

Was thinking about joining a club, i played one game online and people were all over the place tho :(.

ps3 or 360?

i can't use the bap controls, i keep pressing the wrong button which in turn makes me fight <cr>

ps3 m8

im not to bad with the controls, what do u think of the actual game, ive played a lot and i think its good that every game is different.

also with the cpu ai on full learning, they stop you from doing the same thing making you come up with different ways to score.

one thing i cant do though is get many assists, my expectations were to get 65 i think, i only have 7 <_<

ps3 or 360?

ps3 m8

im not to bad with the controls, what do u think of the actual game, ive played a lot and i think its good that every game is different.

also with the cpu ai on full learning, they stop you from doing the same thing making you come up with different ways to score.

one thing i cant do though is get many assists, my expectations were to get 65 i think, i only have 7 <_<

i'm lovin this game so much, i missed out on nhl 08 but had to get it on the ps3 because of BAP, assists is somewhat hard to do even if your man is in the open, me i just skate with the puck, do a deke here and a deke there and then hope for the best, my shots always hit the metal.

ive not had an nhl game since the mega drive, always liked them though, played a few more recent ones on my m8s xbox and stuff.

its a really good game and it will be nice switching between this and fifa.

cant beat the fans singing "lets go rangers" aswell lol

i hit the post and cross bar quite a lot to, its good when u score though, ive managed to get a good couple of well worked ones which is also nice.

what do u think of the bit when your off the ice and your wee guy watches, at first i was annoyed that i wasnt on the ice but then after a while it made me more determined to score when i got back on.

my coach at the moment seems to have a good time taking me off after i score a goal though :(

not amused lol

ive not had an nhl game since the mega drive, always liked them though, played a few more recent ones on my m8s xbox and stuff.

i hit the post and cross bar quite a lot to, its good when u score though, ive managed to get a good couple of well worked ones which is also nice.

what do u think of the bit when your off the ice and your wee guy watches, at first i was annoyed that i wasnt on the ice but then after a while it made me more determined to score when i got back on.

my coach at the moment seems to have a good time taking me off after i score a goal though :(

not amused lol

yeah i know, however there is a setting which makes you become the player thats taken over from you, however if you go into shootout mode you become the keeper and all the shooters on your team.

not amused lol

yeah i know, however there is a setting which makes you become the player thats taken over from you, however if you go into shootout mode you become the keeper and all the shooters on your team.

i didnt know you could do that, oh well as i say i dont mind too much now :)

Its really good, got it on Saturday. Only played the Be a pro right now i've only played around 7 games of my first season with the Hartford Wolfpack (affiliate to NY Rangers) last 2 games i've scored 5 goals and had 3 assists.

I fancy getting this. I like it how EA has added the Be A Pro mode to most of their games to match the Madden series. Is this like those games where you create a player and go through the draft etc or do you just choose a team. It would suck having to watch from the side, in Madden you can skip through the stuff when you're not on the field. The new adaptation of ai in EA games is fantastic as well. Saves you from pissing about with sliders and everything trying to get the perfect difficulty for you.

Just created my player (it was the first thing I did...will that be the same in Fifa?)

DUNCAN

:unionflag:

That's the first thing I'll be doing, assuming that's how the BAP Online will work.

No, what I was meaning was that it came up even before I got to the main menu! But you can edit the player once in the game so if we have any position changes it should be ok. The be a pro set up looks very good so far though! And you do get to create your own player, even from things like what make of stick you use! :lol: