Walter Smith: Faceless fans are tarnishing the club

NOLUWDC

Not really that surprising though, since this is the guy that spouts things like 'Britain for the British' and is open about being a member of the National Front or some group like it.

I think it's the BNP scum that WVM extols. He is the same person who abused a fellow Bear on here because of his race. Of course the mod/admin team dealt with him, I don't think.

You haven't a clue have you? Go ask Oleg & Andypendek if THEY think i'm a bona fide Third Reicher.....they've a lot more savvy than you obviously.

Complete fool, biting at every piece of bait. People like you need to concentrate on their schoolwork & not spend your time on here.

A in the UK. But BNP if it annoys the likes of YOU.

? http://www.bnfl.com/

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he's not.

That thread debates the pros and cons of reporting people to the club. I certainly don't agree with it generally but those that do aren't worse than the yobs who do bring down our reputation.

Aye he is.

Infact I'd go as far to say after that, the guy makes me physically sick. As I said boy should never have sung it, but at the same time, grassing him up over it makes you just as bad if not worse. You probably just got that boy a lifetime ban from Ibrox. Rangers is pretty much my life, and if that had been me, I'd have knocked his cunt in and I'm not a violent man.

I Whole heartedly agree mate it really is despicable thing to do tae another bear even if he was in the wrong. (tu)

Boab = piece of shit. Fucking horrible wee prick.

Letting yourself down there WVB, not like you to come out with that.

After having slept on it, i'd like to add slimey & wanker to that list.

:lol:

You need to meet Boab.

Have we become so sensitive that if we see the word fan in an article somewhere we forget about the rest of it in order to feel persecuted? That isnt OUR role in life.

I can't speak for others, but I don't feel remotely persecuted. That doesn't mean Murray and his merry men are right to sing a simpleton song (in unison) about things they absolutely have no control over.

Bile on the internets? Feeding the media? Handing 'them' our head on a platter? It's laughably inept - and lazy. I expect more. Put aside for a moment any questions about the validity of claims regarding the 'bile'. Why do our club leaders want to censor or suppress our rights to free speech? Resisting that is reason enough to dismiss the chatter from those who know better.

Mr Dignitys "ludicrous paranoia" is well founded & based on fact.

LMFAO...sure it is.

:lol:(tu)

So, Boab and Briton, you feel that the media and political reporting/coverage of Rangers football club and its fans/players etc is fair, even and ballanced then?

Its has become now, that if someone refers to a bigot (in Scotland) then, people will instantly think this implies a bear, whether said or not, or, dont you see that either?

What are you on about? Seems you are moving the goal posts.

This is what your buddy Mr Dignity said:

"What is the difference in being a Protestant in the 1980s and being a Protestant in the 21st Century? It means that the catholic church aided and abetted with blairs government have made sure that they have placed their opus dei servants in charge of just about every big job in government and public services. And they have in turn ensured that when the word Protestant is uttered that the SECTARIAN follows almost immediately. "

Which you claimed was, 'very sad, but true'.

Then when WVM said this was based on fact (LMFAO) you said:

'WVB, you and I both know, that these things have no place on a message board, they just confused people. We need outragous, ill founded rambles and rants'

You can't be serious. So Mr. Dignity's diatribe about Tony Blair, and his Opus Dei servants being installed in all the top jobs, is not an ill founded rambling rant, but is based on fact? Is that really what you think? As I said before, ludicrous paranoia.

No goal post movement at all, the highlighted part is the part I commented on, and, you can quite as easily change the word protestant to rangers, and it still holds true, perhaps even more so.

No reply Mr Briton? I am surprised

Sorry, I missed that, certainly I'll reply. Again ludicrous paranoia. The word sectarian is not *ensured* to follow Protestant 'almost immediately' at all.

BTW...when you posted your comment about Mr Dignity's post being sad but true, you didn't refer to parts, but to the whole. So while you are providing evidence that the word sectarian is ensured to follow Protestant almost immediately, you might also want to explain how Tony Blair's plot to install his 'Opus Dei' servants' in places of power, is fact (as you seem to be agreeing with Mr Dignity's companion in lunacy, WVB, that this is the case).

However, it is almost 100% certain to follow "Rangers" or "Rangers fan"

Well once again you are moving the goal posts. I'm sick to the back teeth of people insinuating that I'm a bigot because of the team I support, the difference between us being that I think the likes of Mr Dignity help more than anything bring that upon us.

Regarding the Blair aspect, who knows, I dont think anyone can deny or completely confirm this. However, with politics, ALL politicians put friends and allies into "favoured" or "useful" positions, again, this isnt an opinion, its a fact, so, if Blair (or any other) had such a "plot", then, of course it would be true.

So that is your reasoning is it? I can't prove that Blair isn't an instigator of an Opus Dei plot, so it could be true? Not only is that ridiculous beyond any reason but a million fucking miles away from being fact, as WVB stupidly claimed, and who you agreed with.

Well once again you are moving the goal posts. I'm sick to the back teeth of people insinuating that I'm a bigot because of the team I support, the difference between us being that I think the likes of Mr Dignity help more than anything bring that upon us.

Regarding the Blair aspect, who knows, I dont think anyone can deny or completely confirm this. However, with politics, ALL politicians put friends and allies into "favoured" or "useful" positions, again, this isnt an opinion, its a fact, so, if Blair (or any other) had such a "plot", then, of course it would be true.

So that is your reasoning is it? I can't prove that Blair isn't an instigator of an Opus Dei plot, so it could be true? Not only is that ridiculous beyond any reason but a million fucking miles away from being fact, as WVB stupidly claimed, and who you agreed with.

Its not moving the goalposts as you keep saying, To clarify, Rangers traditional support was Protestant, the English view Rangers as "the Protestant club", which is why protestant/Rangers/Rangers fan are interchangeable in the comment above. Why is that hard to rationalise? You could have a muslim Rangers fan, who would be labeled a h** and an Orange B by association. There is an intrinsical link between Rangers + Protestant + Bigot in the eyes of the press/some politicians, and, as a result, society in general.

I previously explained that, I agreed with it being sad that the highlighted part (as explained again above) is how life is these days, and, as you point out, every Rangers fan is labeled bigot, regardless of views, and, in Scottish society thats a cold hard fact. I dont see why you are arguing the point here apart from the fact that is was brought up initially by 2 posters you personally dislike.

The Blair side again, how many times do I have to clarify which part of the comment I agreed with? Its becoming tiresome. I didnt ask you to "prove" it wasnt true, at the same time, how can it be totally dismissed as possible? I have never met an alien, but, I wont dismiss the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe! You can choose not to believe that its true, which is fine, and, entirely up to you, but, given the nature of politics, and, the events that have occurred over the last few years, including Rangers being "singled out" as the sole purveyor of Sectarianism and bigotry in Scotland, then, I personnaly think to dismiss the idea of a potential agenda out of hand is far more ridiculous

Its not moving the goalposts as you keep saying <snip rest>

Yes you are. You are now talking about Rangers being linked to sectarianism. That is completely different to what you originally said. That being Mr Dignity's wild ludicrously paranoid rant (that included the silly comment about Blair's Opus Dei's servants) was 'very sad, but true'. Put the shovel down.

Outlaw.....

No point arguing with a faceless fan who lives in Cornwall & is about as far removed from everyday life in Scotland as someone from Timbuctoo. He has his bizarre mindset, and we have our balanced opinions, based on what we see happening in front of our very eyes.

Does Briton have any idea how far up the Opus Dei tree Mrs Cherie Blair is? Or Ruth Kelly? Or Brian Wilson? Or Dr Death Reid? Or Des Browne? Or indeed Mt Tony B.Liar himself, now that his mask has finally slipped? I'll bet he has no idea.

No....we're just rambling nutters, whereas Mr Miles Away Briton is telling us how it is,partially assisted by snidey wee toad-boy the grass.

Can we get back on track? Away from personal bickering?

In my opinion Walter should stick to managing and have fewer cock-ups like Kaunas.

We ALL know that a small minority of the Rangers support cause trouble - same as other supports - BUT why should Walter dwell on that and what rubbish may be spoken on the internet? He and SDM et all should be defending the majority and hitting back at uneven coverage by the mhedia. CFC are not slow to go on the attack and always DEFEND the CFC fans. We should learn from them.

Dignified silence did not work so the new tactic is to come out and cast the spotlight on our own minority and the Web? A JOKE!

Outlaw.....

No point arguing with a faceless fan who lives in Cornwall & is about as far removed from everyday life in Scotland as someone from Timbuctoo. He has his bizarre mindset, and we have our balanced opinions, based on what we see happening in front of our very eyes.

Does Briton have any idea how far up the Opus Dei tree Mrs Cherie Blair is? Or Ruth Kelly? Or Brian Wilson? Or Dr Death Reid? Or Des Browne? Or indeed Mt Tony B.Liar himself, now that his mask has finally slipped? I'll bet he has no idea.

No....we're just rambling nutters, whereas Mr Miles Away Briton is telling us how it is,partially assisted by snidey wee toad-boy the grass.

Where as you are fully informed as to the workings of Opus Dei?...hehe...sure you are. As for balanced opinions based on what's going on before your eyes, based on wild unsubstantiated paranoia more like. You pal, are barking. I think while you are getting yourself a pair of dry knickers, you need to get a fucking grip.

Outlaw.....

Where as you are fully informed as to the masications of Opus Dei?...hehe...sure you are. As for balanced opinions based on what's going on before your eyes, based on wild unsubstantiated paranoia more like. You pal, are barking. I think while you are gettting yourself a pair of dry knickers, you need get a fucking grip.

Woof Woof. Haven't you got us mixed up? You're the bird remember? If you didn't get so easily rattled/confused, you might be able to carry on an argument whilst still getting semi-humouros digs in. Too much for you though isnt it? I notice you didn't deny the aforementioned Opus Dei members or their split loyalties & conflict of interests? NO no, no....far to busy trying to deflect the pish onto Outlaw,myself & Bluedignity. We're the looneys, remember?

Now...back to the case in hand, how do you think we should respond to the one-sided reporting of sectarianism in Scotland? Eat some Winalot maybe? Come on man.....educate us.

Yes you are. You are now talking about Rangers being linked to sectarianism. That is completely different to what you originally said. That being Mr Dignity's wild ludicrously paranoid rant (that included the silly comment about Blair's Opus Dei's servants) was 'very sad, but true'. Put the shovel down.

Ah, is that why you <snip rest> ? To avoid actually answering properly? or because it disagrees with your view here?

This part

"Rangers traditional support was Protestant, the English view Rangers as "the Protestant club", which is why protestant/Rangers/Rangers fan are interchangeable in the comment above. Why is that hard to rationalise? You could have a muslim Rangers fan, who would be labeled a h** and an Orange B by association. There is an intrinsical link between Rangers + Protestant + Bigot in the eyes of the press/some politicians, and, as a result, society in general."

IS the important factor here.

You are "snipping" the parts away that dont fit with your argument mate, and, in doing so, trying to create the impression I am saying/doing something I am not. I am struggling to understand your reasoning here, as, I have been far from offensive, or personal, and, I feel, clarified my position quite clearly, as well as stating reasoning for both sides with facts and opinions, all of which you are choosing to ignore to continue on the rather odd route you are taking

Can we get back on track? Away from personal bickering?

In my opinion Walter should stick to managing and have fewer cock-ups like Kaunas.

We ALL know that a small minority of the Rangers support cause trouble - same as other supports - BUT why should Walter dwell on that and what rubbish may be spoken on the internet? He and SDM et all should be defending the majority and hitting back at uneven coverage by the mhedia. CFC are not slow to go on the attack and always DEFEND the CFC fans. We should learn from them.

Dignified silence did not work so the new tactic is to come out and cast the spotlight on our own minority and the Web? A JOKE!

But bickering is the lifeblood of the site? :P

I see where you are coming from, however, I still think too much is being made of this, we are reacting to it in a "red top" manor, rather than actually reading the interview/article objectively

Ah, is that why you <snip rest> ? To avoid actually answering properly? or because it disagrees with your view here?

No because it was an irrevelance to the point.

This part

"Rangers traditional support was Protestant, the English view Rangers as "the Protestant club", which is why protestant/Rangers/Rangers fan are interchangeable in the comment above. Why is that hard to rationalise? You could have a muslim Rangers fan, who would be labeled a h** and an Orange B by association. There is an intrinsical link between Rangers + Protestant + Bigot in the eyes of the press/some politicians, and, as a result, society in general."

You are "snipping" the parts away that dont fit with your argument mate, and, in doing so, trying to create the impression I am saying/doing something I am not. I am struggling to understand your reasoning here, as, I have been far from offensive, or personal, and, I feel, clarified my position quite clearly, as well as stating reasoning for both sides with facts and opinions, all of which you are choosing to ignore to continue on the rather odd route you are taking

I'm snipping because it is not the stupid rambling post that Mr Dignity made and you said was very sad, but true.

I will argue those points if you like but you did move the goal posts.

All these arguments and fights.

Hey guys take an acid and mellow,listen to some Floyd man and everything will be alright...

We're all faceless with a couple of tabs in us.

What i would like to ask is this...

WHO HAS NEVER SAID FUCK THE POPE AFTER THE BILLY BOYS OR SASH WHILE GIVIN IT FULL PELT.

Let him who hath no sin cast the first stone

No surrender :unionflag:

All these arguments and fights.

Hey guys take an acid and mellow,listen to some Floyd man and everything will be alright...

Always loved The Amazing Pudding. Bit intellectual for some obviously. ;)

WHO HAS NEVER SAID FUCK THE POPE AFTER THE BILLY BOYS OR SASH WHILE GIVIN IT FULL PELT.

Let him who hath no sin cast the first stone

...and No Pope of Rome of course. Everyone, at least of a certain age, has sung those songs. Some still do, that's not the point. I also remember Love thy Neighbour and a time when it was OK to refer to black people as coons and wogs. Younger people may find it difficult to get their head around it but some in the media were actually amused at the Tim's antics in throwing bananas at Mark Walters. Willie Waddell had no compunction about talking about Bears giving the wife a clout. Sounds strange now but that was the way it was. We have moved on though, and while some get teary eyed about the standards of the past and men on white horses, I think we live in a much better society today where these things are no longer an accepted part of life.

No because it was an irrevelance to the point.

This part

I'm snipping because it is not the stupid rambling post that Mr Dignity made and you said was very sad, but true.

I will argue those points if you like but you did move the goal posts.

Ah, well, my perspective is that I have re-phrased his post, and, given examples and thoughts as to why it was not as "rambling" as you perceive it to be. All the points I raised were in respect to these. I took 2 points from his post, the one regarding protestant=bigot, and expanded on this, also providing reasoning as to why it can be taken as relevant. The 2nd point, around the politics, again as before, these were simple reasonings as to why the opus Dei discussion may not be as ridiculous as some are saying

Or was the point about something else?

Ah, well, my perspective is that I have re-phrased his post, and, given examples and thoughts as to why it was not as "rambling" as you perceive it to be. All the points I raised were in respect to these. I took 2 points from his post, the one regarding protestant=bigot, and expanded on this, also providing reasoning as to why it can be taken as relevant. The 2nd point, around the politics, again as before, these were simple reasonings as to why the opus Dei discussion may not be as ridiculous as some are saying

Or was the point about something else?

The point was you claimed all Mr. Dignity's mad diatribe was truth. Yes...I understand you moved the goal posts afterwards but there's no escaping that.