The Famine Song

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not I, anything that gets under their skin will do me.

If your bored with it can you make an alternative suggestion?

Aye. Sing Rangers songs (tu)

Knew that was coming, but considering they made the effort to go there and you didn't doesn't give you the right to criticise imo.

Knew that was coming, but considering they made the effort to go there and you didn't doesn't give you the right to criticise imo.

Oh right. I see.

:blush:

Always someone moaning every week about it,aye it might be better just for Old firm games

but these guys are standing in the pissing rain getting behind the team and i dont see them being ejected for it.

There's a game on and theres threads being started regarding a song,Fucksake getting as bad as them

I'd take a swap, we wont sing the famine song any more, if wwe can bring back TBB's. :D

Deal :D

Guaranteed, i'd take being up to my knees in you know what over telling them to go home anyday.

They should know that themselves, they started it.. :lol:

completely correct if anyone goes out and stands in that pissing rain and howling wind to support the gers they can sing whatever they want :rangers:

How about going to a game and start some of these songs ?

Nothing is stopping you, right ?

Id take TFO over singing about murderers and terrorist scumbags anyday

Aye it's definitely preferable to IRA and UVF songs, but it is still getting a wee bit repetitive. At least we were singing it at an actual plastic paddy today, and not just shouting it into the ether like at St Mirren the other day.

Its cringeworthy that this is the song sung most by our fans.

Why?

Never really liked it but its becoming a parody of itself now. Its supposed to be an attack on the Plastic Paddies but its sung at every ground. Would just rather hear all the good Rangers tunes getting belted out but im not allowed an opinion as im not at the game today so there ye go (tu)

Clyde highlighting this song being sung.

Report is about the fact that the fans altered the words to include James McCarthy & the song was directed at him accordingly.

This is the reason this song should be stopped ... it is putting us as a support in a very poor light, we are attacking a 17 yr old boy for choosing a to play for a particular national team.

It is also being reported that the police didn't take any action, this is being put down to police lacking the resources to go into the away support & lift individuals.

It is also being reported that the police didn't take any action, this is being put down to police lacking the resources to go into the away support & lift individuals.

Not because there is no law against singing it? Not because the best lawyer in the land would have serious difficulty in pinning a case against it?

Report is about the fact that the fans altered the words to include James McCarthy & the song was directed at him accordingly.

This is the reason this song should be stopped ... it is putting us as a support in a very poor light, we are attacking a 17 yr old boy for choosing a to play for a particular national team.

Good for Clyde.

Yes, it was directed at him because that is exactly the type of individual whom the song is aimed at - the plastic Paddys.

How is it putting us in poor light? Who gives a fuck what people think of us? No one likes us, we don't care! Remember...? And why did you mention his age? What has that got to do with it? If he's old enough to be brainwashed into making decisions like he did then he's old enough to take the flack for it.

I'm sick fed up up of you apologists within our support. Instead of standing united, you want to cripple over backwards to make sure the poor wee MOPE's aren't offended.

James McCarthy, why don't you go home...?

Good for Clyde.

Yes, it was directed at him because that is exactly the type of individual whom the song is aimed at - the plastic Paddys.

How is it putting us in poor light? Who gives a fuck what people think of us? No one likes us, we don't care! Remember...? And why did you mention his age? What has that got to do with it? If he's old enough to be brainwashed into making decisions like he did then he's old enough to take the flack for it.

I'm sick fed up up of you apologists within our support. Instead of standing united, you want to cripple over backwards to make sure the poor wee MOPE's aren't offended.

I am highlighting a report, yes, i beleive that the song is in poor taste ... it certaily isn't sectarian but using a catastrophe that killed over 1,000,000 people just to score some points seems wrong to me.

Opinions are like arsrholes, we all have one ... air them both at your peril

Good for Clyde.

Spot on (tu)

He chose to ignore the Country that gave him a platform to play football and pay him for the privilege.

Plastic Paddy, why don't you go home.

getting a song directed at him is the least the wee rat deserves.

on another note, anyone know how the words were changed?