Im sick of all this in-fighting

WaltersGotStyle

I think we should use Linfield and Northern Ireland as our template (and i'm a glenman!!)

Not so long ago both these sides and their support (pretty much one and the same but bear with me) had a shocking reputation and were being criticised for their supporters actions.

Now they very rarely have any negative press.

We need to show that we are proud to be a mainly protestant club, because that is what we are. We're not 100% protestant (which is a good thing) but this does not mean that the majority of the fans cannot express their religious and cultural heritage. The Billy boys is banned, it's gone. We have to accept that and move on. We may not like it but if it's deemed unacceptable there's not a lot we can do.

The Sash, Derrys Walls - there is nothing wrong with these songs and they should be sung loud and clear at our home games. Along with the songs celebrating our club - Every other saturday, follow follow, there's not a team, the blue flag amongst others and can we please bring back wolverhampton town?

This should be the way forward for Rangers and us fans - celebrate the club and our heritage without mentioning anyone else. Because let's face it no one else is big enough or good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as the Rangers.

Great post, I agree entirely.

My main concern is that you have your chairman and manager sticking the boot in thier own fans every chance they get.

How can you agree with this but not my post... Your being petulant...

Your stance on our official club songs is extremely childish this "I am not singing that because it's gay.." attitude is not going to help us create an atmosphere at Ibrox!

I think the main gripe with your post waltersgotstyle was your description of the battle of the Boyne as some wee battle. It may have been made tongue in cheek but it might have appeared to be slightly derogatory in the eyes of other people. There is no reason for us to stop referring to this as it is a seminal moment in the protestant history.

Club and culture :rangers: :unionflag:

I think the main gripe with your post waltersgotstyle was your description of the battle of the Boyne as some wee battle. It may have been made tongue in cheek but it might have appeared to be slightly derogatory in the eyes of other people. There is no reason for us to stop referring to this as it is a seminal moment in the protestant history.

Club and culture :rangers: :unionflag:

Yeah I know it was tongue and cheek I am obviously proud of my roots however we should stop blaming Murray and sing other songs. :rangers:

I think we should use Linfield and Northern Ireland as our template (and i'm a glenman!!)

Not so long ago both these sides and their support (pretty much one and the same but bear with me) had a shocking reputation and were being criticised for their supporters actions.

We need to show that we are proud to be a mainly protestant club, because that is what we are. We're not 100% protestant (which is a good thing) but this does not mean that the majority of the fans cannot express their religious and cultural heritage. The Billy boys is banned, it's gone. We have to accept that and move on. We may not like it but if it's deemed unacceptable there's not a lot we can do.

The Sash, Derrys Walls - there is nothing wrong with these songs and they should be sung loud and clear at our home games. Along with the songs celebrating our club - Every other saturday, follow follow, there's not a team, the blue flag amongst others and can we please bring back wolverhampton town?

This should be the way forward for Rangers and us fans - celebrate the club and our heritage without mentioning anyone else. Because let's face it no one else is big enough or good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as the Rangers.

My main concern is that you have your chairman and manager sticking the boot in thier own fans every chance they get.

Your stance on our official club songs is extremely childish this "I am not singing that because it's gay.." attitude is not going to help us create an atmosphere at Ibrox!

The difference between his post and your post - his post mentiones that be proud of your Protestant roots and by all means sing the likes of The Sash and Derrys Walls.

You only talk about Rangers songs and nothing else - moving with the times - little battles etc etc.

I found your post insulting and his post quite sensible.

The difference between his post and your post - his post mentiones that be proud of your Protestant roots and by all means sing the likes of The Sash and Derrys Walls.

You only talk about Rangers songs and nothing else - moving with the times - little battles etc etc.

Not insulting.... Light Hearted... I never once said anything about the Sash and Derrys Walls

Not insulting.... Light Hearted... I never once said anything about the Sash and Derrys Walls

I know you never said anything about The Sash and Derrys Walls .... your silence was like an admission of guilt. You were mentioning Rangers songs only - I am not stupid, I know The Sash and Derrys Walls (technically) have nothing to do with Rangers. Won't let that stop me singing them, though.

We need to show that we are proud to be a mainly protestant club, because that is what we are.

The folk in charge of the Club have fallen for the Protestant = Bigot line, they can't tell the difference.

Then we need to show them the difference. Let's keep our noses clean and drop certain things. They can't have a go at us for singing songs celebrating the protestant culture.

How can you possibly be happy with the atmosphere at ibrox? Its awful. These dinosaurs that you relate to are who make away games what they are. There is nothing you can do at ibrox these days with out the police or some rent - a- cop taping you on the shoulder because some women with her daughter doesnt like the language you have used. And its getting worse.Ibrox just isnt what it used to be

Well perhaps some parents do not want their children exposed to vile obscene languange? I have heard obscene and on occasion racist language shouted at Ibrox, I wouldn't want my kids exposed to that at a young age. And if anyone wants to know what I am calling racist, how about spear-chucking black bastard? Still freedom of speech eh....

We need to show that we are proud to be a mainly protestant club, because that is what we are.

The folk in charge of the Club have fallen for the Protestant = Bigot line, they can't tell the difference.

Then we need to show them the difference. Let's keep our noses clean and drop certain things. They can't have a go at us for singing songs celebrating the protestant culture.

Maybe this is what that other fella was getting at with me a couple of posts back.

What do we need to drop? ... the FTP is more or less gone and The Billy Boys is gone.

What else can we be held accountable for? the famine song? pleaseeeeee

How can you possibly be happy with the atmosphere at ibrox? Its awful. These dinosaurs that you relate to are who make away games what they are. There is nothing you can do at ibrox these days with out the police or some rent - a- cop taping you on the shoulder because some women with her daughter doesnt like the language you have used. And its getting worse.Ibrox just isnt what it used to be

Well perhaps some parents do not want their children exposed to vile obscene languange? I have heard obscene and on occasion racist language shouted at Ibrox, I wouldn't want my kids exposed to that at a young age. And if anyone wants to know what I am calling racist, how about spear-chucking black bastard? Still freedom of speech eh....

Without sounding like a dick, don't take your kids to the football if there's certain things you dont want them hearing.

50 thousand people in the one place, you won't like everything they have to say.

I think it's great woman and children go to more and more games, but I don't like it when they want others to sing off thier hymn sheet.

No offence, as I said.

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Now now ladies, be nice to each other ;)

none taken mate but as an adult I was offended by the racist language I heard-I mean come on theres no need for stuff like that when we have a proud record of welcoming black players to Ibrox and not chucking bananas at them unlike certain clubs I could mention!

Another point I want to make is that there should be no problem in celebrating being a protestant and the culture and all the rest of it, but how are you celebrating it by singing about how much you hate them rather than loving your own if that makes sense?

I'm proud to be a protestant and glad not to have been brought up as an RC, but I won't define my protestantism by how much I hate the Irish or the church of rome. Nothing wrong with that surely?

Fuck off.

:kiss1:

Another point I want to make is that there should be no problem in celebrating being a protestant and the culture and all the rest of it, but how are you celebrating it by singing about how much you hate them rather than loving your own if that makes sense?

I'm proud to be a protestant and glad not to have been brought up as an RC, but I won't define my protestantism by how much I hate the Irish or the church of rome. Nothing wrong with that surely?

Fair point, but in certain ways - you can't be FOR something so strongly without being AGAINST something else.

That AGAINST unfortunently is Celtic FC/Tims/The R.C way of life

I don't think for one minute that's being biggoted. Why should we be held responsible for other's ignorance? I'd rather fight it.

Fair point, but in certain ways - you can't be FOR something so strongly without being AGAINST something else.

That AGAINST unfortunently is Celtic FC/Tims/The R.C way of life

I don't think for one minute that's being biggoted. Why should we be held responsible for other's ignorance? I'd rather fight it.

Its a fair point lets face it we all like something and dislike the alternative no matter the context whether its music, tv, politics, football whatever but its better to be known for your love of something than a hatred of the other imho.

As for ignorance and songs etc its true that so many songs that are sung are misinterpreted by them and the media - I suspect for disingenious reasons at times - As they just now are the establishment club in Scotland its a classic divide and rule strategy and we have fallen for it big time.

That's why i specifically mentioned The Sash and Derrys walls - not one bit of those songs can be seen as anti catholic or bigoted. If people take offence at them well that says more about them than us.

Tims in particular, and neutrals the length and breadth of the Country think both are sectarian.

Because they have been told that they are.

That's why i specifically mentioned The Sash and Derrys walls - not one bit of those songs can be seen as anti catholic or bigoted. If people take offence at them well that says more about them than us.

Tims in particular, and neutrals the length and breadth of the Country think both are sectarian.

Because they have been told that they are.

If we had a media that was less obsessed with scandal and outrage and actually reported news in an impartial manner then there would be a great deal less ignorance in society. I have been described as a permanantly outraged left wing, sandal wearing, guardian reading, west end student bastard and even I see nothing wrong with those songs!