Im sick of all this in-fighting

WaltersGotStyle

Another day another Murray hates us post...

I for one am sick of all of this complaining about how he is sucking the life out of our club or how he has ruined the atmosphere at Ibrox. There is one easy way to rectify the atmosphere situation... and that is for us to start singing songs about the club and players we support and not some old battle or famine. We cannot blame Murray for the behaviour of a small minority of our fans but instead we must stick together and move our club into the 21st century leaving all the bigoted dinosaurs behind.

We love the Rangers we do!

:rangers:

I for one am sick of all of this complaining about how he is sucking the life out of our club or how he has ruined the atmosphere at Ibrox. There is one easy way to rectify the atmosphere situation... and that is for us to start singing songs about the club and players we support and not some old battle or famine. We cannot blame Murray for the behaviour of a small minority of our fans but instead we must stick together and move our club into the 21st century leaving all the bigoted dinosaurs behind.

It's people like YOU that cause all this in-fighting.

:lol: :lol:

Come on whens the last time you heard a sectarian song then ? :rolleyes:

I know I am very happy our home support... however we cannot blame Murray for ruining the atmosphere... now none of our fans sing at all!

I know I am very happy our home support... however we cannot blame Murray for ruining the atmosphere... now none of our fans sing at all!

I think many people are genuinely afraid to sing for fear of arrest.

Sounds silly I agree but since the parameters have now been set in stone regarding what terms/chants are offensive (and why) people don't know what to do.

Yes we can.

1- he banned the Billy Boys (wasn't a sectarian song)

2- he sanctioned a little blue guide (most of the songs in it more bent than the next and most people wouldnt be seen dead singing them)

3- he started the ball rolling with the self-policing crap - some people look at you as if you have 2 heads at Ibrox if you start singing any sort of song that doesnt involve blue seas and a wee mate called Joe

4- the latest escopade last night with the warnings about the famine song on the score boards (after Rangers approaching the police with a view to making it an offence)

So don't give me that mate - with all due respect.

Wll you must have a reason for coming out with rubbish about jurrasic bigots ?

Or did you just throw it in for a bit sensationalism. :rolleyes:

Its people like yourself who go about telling other fans they should stop singing this or stop doing that are the ones who are the cause of this fighting.

Its people like yourself who go about telling other fans they should stop singing this or stop doing that are the ones who are the cause of this fighting.

Do you not get my point... we have to stop blaming Murray, Smith etc

We must recreate the atmosphere at Ibrox... just because we can't sing TBB or TFS does not mean we have to sit and be silent for 90 mins!

ive got a few of them sitting around me - but of course they are whiter than white so we are led to believe <_<

Easier said than done. I'm sure every club in the land wants a better atmosphere but it just doesn't seem to really happen these days for bread-and-butter matches with all seater stadia and all that. It certainly could be better than it is though...

What a crock of shit.

As someone has already said, it's 'fans' like yourself who have caused all this in-fighting. The 'fans' who can't wait to bend over for the PC brigade.

If singing about 'some old battle' which played a significant role in the lives of Protestant people makes me a dinosaur then that's a label I'm proud to hold.

No Surrender! :unionflag:

Great thread title, terrible post, and, summed up perfectly by JohnGalbraiths first reply

How can you possibly be happy with the atmosphere at ibrox? Its awful. These dinosaurs that you relate to are who make away games what they are. There is nothing you can do at ibrox these days with out the police or some rent - a- cop taping you on the shoulder because some women with her daughter doesnt like the language you have used. And its getting worse.Ibrox just isnt what it used to be

Leaving the dinosaurs behind ? I have no idea what age you are or what mental capacity you have but you obviously aren't that intelligent if you think the lack of atmosphere is just something that happens with the times and Murray , Bain etc cannot be blamed.

Murray the man who refuses to back the fans when our clubs name is repeadetly being tarnished in the mhedia and by Liewell , John Reid etc etc. Fans are genuinely scared to sing to songs that they want , weather they adhere to all your Pollitcally correct views is another thing , If standing up for the right thing and to keep our freedom of speach while our rivals on the other side of the city sing Pro terrorist songs is your idea of what a dinosaur is then label me it all day long , There will always be enough fans to keep a certain element of Rangers what it was , and what it should be. Wether or not they stay with Murray and bain at the helm is another.

People would be more inclined to stick together if they actually had someone leading the way.

We don't.

We only have a club frightened of it's own shadow and scared of any criticism whatsoever.

And the RST ain't helping.

Not just the RST but all of the fan groups.

All should get together (via the Assembly and previous sectarian working groups) and pressurise the club into doing more.

As should the rest of us by contacting the club and our fan reps.

People would be more inclined to stick together if they actually had someone leading the way.

We don't.

We only have a club frightened of it's own shadow and scared of any criticism whatsoever.

And the RST ain't helping.

Not just the RST but all of the fan groups.

All should get together (via the Assembly and previous sectarian working groups) and pressurise the club into doing more.

As should the rest of us by contacting the club and our fan reps.

Agreed, but how do we start this process?

We must recreate the atmosphere at Ibrox... just because we can't sing TBB or TFS does not mean we have to sit and be silent for 90 mins!

I haven't seen a valid excuse from people for not recreating the atmosphere with other songs. They're argument appears to be 'we cannot sing this song so we wont sing any' and that doesn't stand up imo and is defeatist.

I haven't seen a valid excuse from people for not recreating the atmosphere with other songs. They're argument appears to be 'we cannot sing this song so we wont sing any' and that doesn't stand up imo and is defeatist.

This might be an un-popular view, but it's my view regardless - I've felt it for years and I wont change.

Songs such as Blue Sea Of Ibrox and Every Other Saturday make me cringe. I don't think I've ever sung them.

Not that I would say anything to anyone that wants to sing them - that's thier choice - but I feel how on earth are we meant to make Ibrox a fortress again and make players and fans fear coming to our cauldron of a stadium when we are singing stuff like that? what next? we will be swapping daisey chains with the away support in the corner and exchanging scarfs at the burger van and asking them how thier bus journey was.

Not for me, sorry.

We need leadership from SDM and his team but instead we get nothing. We need a rejuvenated SDM not the tired, old worn out version we apparently have now.

We need as a club to get up off our knees, stand tall and fight for ourselves. True we have a very small minority of troublemakers - all clubs do - but lets not dwell on them. The vast majority of our support is terrific and the spotlight should be on them. We should be highlighting the success of the majority and putting the pressure on the other teams. Murray should be leading this charge. The dignified silence has not worked. Now when they open their mouths they should be challenging all the other teams especially the IRA chants and other garbage emanating from Celtic Park, plus Aberdeen etc.etc.

Walter should stick to FOOTBALL. He needs to in order to make up for that Kaunas debacle where he got it so wrong.

Rant over.

I think we should use Linfield and Northern Ireland as our template (and i'm a glenman!!)

Not so long ago both these sides and their support (pretty much one and the same but bear with me) had a shocking reputation and were being criticised for their supporters actions.

Now they very rarely have any negative press.

We need to show that we are proud to be a mainly protestant club, because that is what we are. We're not 100% protestant (which is a good thing) but this does not mean that the majority of the fans cannot express their religious and cultural heritage. The Billy boys is banned, it's gone. We have to accept that and move on. We may not like it but if it's deemed unacceptable there's not a lot we can do.

The Sash, Derrys Walls - there is nothing wrong with these songs and they should be sung loud and clear at our home games. Along with the songs celebrating our club - Every other saturday, follow follow, there's not a team, the blue flag amongst others and can we please bring back wolverhampton town?

This should be the way forward for Rangers and us fans - celebrate the club and our heritage without mentioning anyone else. Because let's face it no one else is big enough or good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as the Rangers.

I think we should use Linfield and Northern Ireland as our template (and i'm a glenman!!)

Not so long ago both these sides and their support (pretty much one and the same but bear with me) had a shocking reputation and were being criticised for their supporters actions.

We need to show that we are proud to be a mainly protestant club, because that is what we are. We're not 100% protestant (which is a good thing) but this does not mean that the majority of the fans cannot express their religious and cultural heritage. The Billy boys is banned, it's gone. We have to accept that and move on. We may not like it but if it's deemed unacceptable there's not a lot we can do.

The Sash, Derrys Walls - there is nothing wrong with these songs and they should be sung loud and clear at our home games. Along with the songs celebrating our club - Every other saturday, follow follow, there's not a team, the blue flag amongst others and can we please bring back wolverhampton town?

This should be the way forward for Rangers and us fans - celebrate the club and our heritage without mentioning anyone else. Because let's face it no one else is big enough or good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as the Rangers.

Great post, I agree entirely.

My main concern is that you have your chairman and manager sticking the boot in thier own fans every chance they get.

Agreed, but how do we start this process?

Do what I have done (and I know you have probably done previously) and keep annoying the club and the fan bodies into representing your views.

May or may not work but at least we can say we tried.

Great post, I agree entirely.

My main concern is that you have your chairman and manager sticking the boot in thier own fans every chance they get.

That's because they have to keep their friends in the media (and their wee agendas) onside.

If we stick to club and culture songs then they'll have to turn their attention elsewhere. I am of course presuming that the media is going to give us a fair deal, i may be a bit naive on this front.