****The Official Rangers v Dundee United Thread***

Muff

I love Walter,in my eyes he's a legend,but he's definately lost it,he's got to hand over the reins to someone with half a brain.McGregor should never be our

starting goalie,and don't get me started on his last minute substitutions. doh

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fucking hate it when ppl walk out of the game early. wat kind of fans are they? dont deserve to be at ibrox

That talk annoys me.

How do they not 'deserve' to be there? They've paid money for a season ticket ffs! Considering the horrendous travel situation in Glasgow tonight, you can't blame them! Admittedly I'd never leave early, but you can't say anyone doesn't deserve to be there!!

Sounds to me like it was just one of those days, we supposedly played very well as i heard on the radio they sounded surprised that we were losing considering we were playing some good stuff ... just one of those days, the opposition has limited chances but puts them away .

Davie weir needs replaced imo, Bougherra worries me and Broadfoot seems to be making mistakes again . we need tightened up at the back still . not convinced that defence can keep them out against half decent strikers .

Guest The Brown Brogue

Losing 3 terrible goals like that is always going to make things difficult.

Thing is though we didn't actually play all THAT badly, certainly scoring 3 goals at home should be enough to win any game. And their keeper made a few excellent saves and there was the usual panic attacks by Novo and Miller anytime they got the ball in front of goal.

Some crazy decisions by Smith though, putting Davis on the left to accomodate Novo on the right when it was clear he was having one of those games, then leaving it so late to make the changes, with Ferguson especially seeming to have been brought on just for the hell of it.

On another night we could have scored 5 or 6, however on the flip side, with the ease that Dundee United got their goals and played the ball around, equally on another night we could have lost 5 or 6.

As a few other posters have alluded to this is not championship winning form, I think Celtic have now won 7 SPL games in a row whilst we are scrambling for points.

I think Smith keeps expecting Celtic to slip up, yet they keep churning out results regardless of how well they play, something we seem to be utterly incapable of doing.

its as if some people want to think the worst!

we are two points behind in nov and we hav already beaten the scum in the league

chin up lads a bit of optitnism never hurt anyone

Take your optimism and leave, bigot.

but seriously, I still think we'll win the league, just incredibly frustrating seeing us making it difficult for ourselves. My heart is still beating like a motherfucker.

i fucking hate it when ppl walk out of the game early. wat kind of fans are they? dont deserve to be at ibrox

That talk annoys me.

How do they not 'deserve' to be there? They've paid money for a season ticket ffs! Considering the horrendous travel situation in Glasgow tonight, you can't blame them! Admittedly I'd never leave early, but you can't say anyone doesn't deserve to be there!!

Too right. Some of the players on the park dont deserve to be at ibrox . and its the fans that pay their wages. they can do what they please .

its as if some people want to think the worst!

we are two points behind in nov and we hav already beaten the scum in the league

chin up lads a bit of optitnism never hurt anyone

aye but we shud be top of the league, if we can beat them at parkhead then we shudnt be droppin points against the likes of st mirren and dundee utd

That talk annoys me.

because in my eyes a true supporter stays till the end and not just walk out when things are not looking so good. if your not going to back your team till the end u shouldnt go at all

Were great when we a playing shite but as soon as we run against a half decent team ( and no more than that) its us that are shite .Never mind Walter we ginger baws will no have to win 4 in a row

you will present him with it the only good thing to come out of that is we can get shot of you and all your fucking yes men.

I know some posters are annoyed that we are getting beat and tensions are running high, but I have read some amount of shit in this thread tonight.

But this defeat will end our hopes of winning the league. We're basically out the running. Walter out.

I didn't fancy us to win the league at the start of the year, and 2 defeats (and a draw) before the 5th of November doesn't inspire me.

Especially when Celtic are picking up wins regardless of how many players they have out, or how shit the are playing.

Doesn't bode well!

And we've also beat them at the girodome. Thats adv. Rangers I'd say.

Great, so we've got a team that fancies it against Celtic and against SPL dross at home?

Falkirk should have beat us, Killie had us down at home until the 75th minute, drew v Aberdeen and beaten off St Mirren and then Dundee Utd at home?

Not good enough if you ask me!

So Celtic play poorly and get results, yet your slating us for struggling against Falkirk and Killie and still winning? 3-3 tonight so we're now only 2 points behind them. Wow a huge unreachable lead.

The thing is, Celtic have walked their last few games with no strike force available AND while they've been involved in the CL.

3-3 against Dundee Utd at home is utter pish, no matter how much you suger coat it.

Advantage Celtic, and we've got a hard away game come Sunday.

Aye, that 5-0 win at the weekend was a real tough game! You make it sound like we're playing awful in every game. We've actually looked very comfortable in the last few games. Tonights game is not good enough, but its hardly worth giving up on the title for. Complete overreaction.

SPL dross at home Kev. Along with Falkirk, St Mirren, Hamilton etc, I expect to beat them at home.

The teams we normally struggle against such as Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen are the games we'll need to win in order to trump Celtic.

That talk annoys me.

because in my eyes a true supporter stays till the end and not just walk out when things are not looking so good. if your not going to back your team till the end u shouldnt go at all

Some people need to work in the morning.

Depending on where you live, staying the extra 5 mins to the end can add on a shitload of travel time home.

is this the dose of reality needed for all the guys who thought we were world beaters because we beat hamilton and caley?

face it smiths a disaster, 30 mill spent, no european distractions, a squad of about 50 and we still scramble for points in the spl, the guy and his cronies ruin watching rangers for me, him and all hs drink together win together cretins should fuck off. he should have been sacked after kaunus.

Celtic & Rangers are going to drop more points from now till the end of the season, it will go down to the wire again. so the quicker we stop complaining about this one the better. because its going to happen again, at some point .

Mabye we dont like standing in a 2 mile que to get home.... or sitting in a car for an hour or 2 before we even move.

either way, its not hurting you.

Celtic & Rangers are going to drop more points from now till the end of the season, it will go down to the wire again. so the quicker we stop complaining about this one the better. because its going to happen again, at some point .

the tims don't look like dropping points

Conceding 3 goals at home is a joke, get it sorted for fuck sake. The defence has been mince this year, even duds like Hamilton taking the lead against us, or St Mirren and Kaunus turning us over.

When is this Edu going to be given a long run in the team? Or Lafferty, Aaron etc?

It's actually infuriating that this £3.75M striker isn't even given game-time when we're getting beat at home with time running out. I am totally baffled as to why Lafferty was signed. An investment, yes, but investments must also be ready to play and hand in performances when called upon due to our precarious financial situation.

We're not Chelsea or Real Madrid. We can't afford to spend big bucks on players for the future who don't contribute instantly.

We go into 2 tough games away to Killie and Motherwell trailling Celtic.

If we don't come out with 6 points then we are in trouble.

So true, we need to start winning these sort of games. should we win both of these, 6 points ... and Convincingly.. then maybe the team could convince me taht they have what it takes to go all the way. 2 away grounds that we have struggled with in the past .