Thomson

scotgr

Everybody talks about how important he is to the team in terms of sitting back and breaking things up, but I think there is so much more to his game than that.

He's already got at least three assists this season (half as many as McCulloch who was our third best assister last season with six) and he has chipped in with two goals (double his return of last year already) too.

Obviously playing with a player who possess the vision of Mendes and another who offers the mobility of Miller has played a part, but I think Thomson is developing into quite a complete player.

Everybody talks about how important he is to the team in terms of sitting back and breaking things up, but I think there is so much more to his game than that.

He's already got at least three assists this season (half as many as McCulloch who was our third best assister last season with six) and he has chipped in with two goals (double his return of last year already) too.

Obviously playing with a player who possess the vision of Mendes and another who offers the mobility of Miller has played a part, but I think Thomson is developing into quite a complete player.

Since the Celtic game Thommo and Mendes have been near telepathic in the way they have played. Thommo wins the ball, lays off to Mendes. Thommo picks up a loose ball first thing he does is look for Mendes.

Breaking that up would be a huge mistake. They actually look like they enjoy playing together aswell.

I agree. I think he is an excellent player, who's technical ability is often overlooked. He may not create as many chances as mendes, but the ones he does create seem to end in the back of the net. Hopefully our next captain :rangers:

I'm just glad more fans are actually waking up, and starting to appreciate what Thomson does in our Midfield.

I agree.

Like any player in our team, I'd sell if a ridiculous bid came in.

But, in Kevin's case, it would need to be an absolutely bonkers bid.

I'm just glad more fans are actually waking up, and starting to appreciate what Thomson does in our Midfield.

I agree.

Like any player in our team, I'd sell if a ridiculous bid came in.

But, in Kevin's case, it would need to be an absolutely bonkers bid.

I have a feeling he will be gone in January. :anguish:

i feel that when ferguson comes back there will be major problems with the midfield. he always has to be top dog and if everything goes through him all the time it will once again inhibit the likes of thomson.

the only way he will go is if we get an offer for £6miilion OR walter insists on playing ferguson and leaving thomson on the bench - kets hope for the future of the team and our younger players this doesn't happen

In fairness, it did take him quite a long time to settle and he is still prone to the silly fouls but there's no doubt he's steadily improving and I for one am starting to revise my view that Ferguson would be a better defensive midfield option than Thomson

If we had to lose one of the two, I'd honestly let Ferguson go before I would Thomson.

I keep seeing people mention him getting silly bookings. Granted he picked up many stupid bookings last season, but how many times has he actually been booked this season? I count no more than 2 (though I've been known to be wrong before!).