Does anyone else think Mendes is toiling?

Danny

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Mendes' turn to come off for Mr Rangers, simple as that really.

It was Thomson's turn against Dundee Utd.

That's a ridiculous reply tbh.

About half as ridiculous as your original post claiming that Celtic Park was his last good performance.

It was his last GREAT display. I don't deny he's played well now and again since it - but he's just not hit those initial heights since.

I wouldn't for one moment suggest he's a poor player, but he's not playing well for us anymore.

His last significant display was at Parkhead, and while he's created a few goals such as Boyd's on Tuesday, he doesn't seem to be focused at all.

Tuesday saw him eased off the ball repeatedly, passing the ball to opposition players, plus trying too many classy visionary passes which ended up being intercepted.

Today saw more of the same, and honestly I was glad when he was taken off. I don't know what is up with him, but for me he's not playing as I believe he is capable of, and as he did in the first month here.

He was constant motm, now he's barely registering on the list of candidates.

This is my honest opinion, and I accept I may be in the minority, but the player rater has him at about 6.7. Which suggests you guys aren't rating him that highly any more either.

Thoughts?

Another post from "Danny" full of negativity, FFS pal come out into the big wide world and see that it's not all doom and gloom !!!!!!!!

I wouldn't for one moment suggest he's a poor player, but he's not playing well for us anymore.

His last significant display was at Parkhead, and while he's created a few goals such as Boyd's on Tuesday, he doesn't seem to be focused at all.

Tuesday saw him eased off the ball repeatedly, passing the ball to opposition players, plus trying too many classy visionary passes which ended up being intercepted.

Today saw more of the same, and honestly I was glad when he was taken off. I don't know what is up with him, but for me he's not playing as I believe he is capable of, and as he did in the first month here.

This is my honest opinion, and I accept I may be in the minority, but the player rater has him at about 6.7. Which suggests you guys aren't rating him that highly any more either.

Thoughts?

Another post from "Danny" full of negativity, FFS pal come out into the big wide world and see that it's not all doom and gloom !!!!!!!!

He's just speaking the truth, its not all happy dancing easter bunnies and leprechauns.

Thoughts?

He's just speaking the truth, its not all happy dancing easter bunnies and leprechauns.

if you think that what he says about mendes is the truth then you should get out more also !!

It's a nice debate to be having after the quite frankly rank midfield options we had against Kaunas.

Ha, true :)

The next time their is a choice between McCulloch and Dailly I want the debate to be 'Which one gets punted'

Preferably we can pick 2.

I think just because his OF debut was so fantastic has led alot of people to have false expectation. Some players are better in the bigger matches, usually the better players.

It must be hard to have the same level of drive and motivation at Killie away as it was for 60,000 at Celtic away.

Steve Davis was Good on sunday dont even know how people are talking about him in the same line as mendes, i'll tell you whats up with mendes playing teams like killie St Mirren Hamilton Falkirk Pish he's no intreasted in them But he will just have to get up for them and if he doesn't SELL HIM :unionflag:

With Thomo out for the rest of the season we have Mendes and Barry to run the middle…god that’s our season over!!!

Seriously, Mendes has been a breath of fresh air ffs. You cant expect a player to be exceptional every fucking game!

This has annoyed me. He is the bit of class that all fans were screaming out for and he has one or two “below average” games and people are calling for his head!

Come on Mendes bashers think about it!

And while we are on it same goes for the Barry bashers! Grow the fuck up!

WOW Mendes getting slated, fuck even i cant see where that come from.

Mendes is one of a few things i'm not Disgruntled about at Rangers :pipe:

Feeling ok DB?

Honestly don't know :unsure:

Still trying to figure out what game Danny watching, to say he was Glad to see Mendes get took off. <cr>

I don't see the problem in taking off Mendes, he's played a lot of games recently and we have a lot more games to come.

Don't get me wrong taking Mendes off ain't a problem.

No player has the divine right to stay on 90 minutes, but i don't think he's playing badly!

Oh come on. Davis and Mendes have been turning in some of the best performances for Rangers for a long while.

Mendes and Davis' passing, creativity and general midfield/attack play has been exciting, and fluent.

Can't agree at all mate. Sorry.

With Thomo out for the rest of the season we have Mendes and Barry to run the middle…god that’s our season over!!!

Seriously, Mendes has been a breath of fresh air ffs. You cant expect a player to be exceptional every fucking game!

This has annoyed me. He is the bit of class that all fans were screaming out for and he has one or two “below average” games and people are calling for his head!

Come on Mendes bashers think about it!

And while we are on it same goes for the Barry bashers! Grow the fuck up!

A: Is anyone actually calling for anyone's head?

B: Please learn to distinguish between someone offering (often constructive) criticism for a play, and them being a 'basher' or a 'hater'. It's fucking ridiculous to refer to someone like that.

Totally agree mate.

He's been off the boil in the last few games.

But I believe he'll come through and find his form again.

Some may disagree but I think having Ferguson back will help him.

Won't have as much pressure to try and create on his own.

Think him and Ferguson could be brilliant together.

Mendes is a class player.

And remember......Form is temporary.....Class is permanent! ;)

:unionflag:

Not at all. I think some fans have unreasonably high expectations of players, especially the better players. If there not having an absolute blinder every game some seem say

they are off the boil, without actually noticing the good they do quietly for the team.

Barry Ferguson seems to suffer from this criticism these days too, if hes not right on it for even one game people seem to say " hes finished"

Personally i am excited that we now have TWO midfielders of genuine proven quality in Mendes and Fergie, with two extremely bright prospects in Davis and Thommo.

I cant believe this is even being debated. I'm so happy watching our midfield at the moment and the football both Mendes and Davis have brought to us have been great to watch. Mendes is quality, Davis has been playing really well, unfortunately Thomson's out but we've got Barry back and I'm sure Edu could try and stake a place in the team in replace of Thomson.

If we're gonna slate our team please do it about our defence and not a midfield which has probably been our best for years.

Thoughts?

(tu) I couldnt agree more. I was actually thinking about putting a post in myself about Mendes drop in form. Lets hope its just a blip. At least Davis is going strong.