Kenny Miller ? Who condems him right now ?

BLUEDIGNITY

I've no problem with the people who say that they dont like him because he played for them, thats understandable, but the people who say they dont like him because of his ability? Bullshit.

Where were you when we signed up Dailly? What about Broadfoot? Then there's Ostenstaad and the rest of the McLeish brigade. What about when Le Guen was paying decent money for a blatantly obvious Slovakian nomark? Were you so vocal in your abuse then?

By all means, slag Miller off if you dont rate his morals as a man, but save the faux "he's an indicment of what we've became" bullshit, because really, he's an improvement on 80% of the striking "talents" we've been treated to over the past 5 years.

Miller is a decent enough striker who will aid a teams cause, despite his lack of goalscoring heroics. He's proved this at nearly every club he's played at over the years.

So much that he's been sold/let go by every club he's been at?

Also so much so that Luciano Spaletti of Roma, Trond Solliend of Olympiakos, Paul Jewell of Derby and 3 other Bundesliga clubs sent scouts to watch him when Celtic made him available.

As i say, he's not anything special, but he's a decent enough striker who's scored/improved a team at every level he's played at.

What a lot of absolute nonsense.

What part was nonsense?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

particularly in regards to calling into question the "standards" of people that they have never personally met.

If that's directed at me, firstly you have no way of knowing whether I have ever met miller and secondly, well, I never met gerry adams.

I took the remark as a reference to Bears who look at Miller objectively. If you were talking about the man himself , fair enough.

I look at miller 100% objectively.

He played for the scum, that's a fact.

I have no interest in him as a 'man' beyond that fact.

YOU are a fud ! that's a fact !

I've no problem with the people who say that they dont like him because he played for them, thats understandable, but the people who say they dont like him because of his ability? Bullshit.

Where were you when we signed up Dailly? What about Broadfoot? Then there's Ostenstaad and the rest of the McLeish brigade. What about when Le Guen was paying decent money for a blatantly obvious Slovakian nomark? Were you so vocal in your abuse then?

By all means, slag Miller off if you dont rate his morals as a man, but save the faux "he's an indicment of what we've became" bullshit, because really, he's an improvement on 80% of the striking "talents" we've been treated to over the past 5 years.

Miller is a decent enough striker who will aid a teams cause, despite his lack of goalscoring heroics. He's proved this at nearly every club he's played at over the years.

Also so much so that Luciano Spaletti of Roma, Trond Solliend of Olympiakos, Paul Jewell of Derby and 3 other Bundesliga clubs sent scouts to watch him when Celtic made him available.

As i say, he's not anything special, but he's a decent enough striker who's scored/improved a team at every level he's played at.

What part was nonsense?

On the fact that he has improved every team he's been at.

I`m sure both of you didn`t even expect him to score more than 5 this season,right ? But he`s done much more than that atm and you`re still not happy.That`s just great. <cr>

I can understand why you hate him,but if you can`t admit that he`s doing his job and he`s one of the few best Rangers players this season(along with Davis,Mendes,Boyd and Thomson),well,i just don`t get it.In the end of the day what matters is the club.

And that`s just opinion <_<

So in your opinion, a Rangers striker doing his job right. Is to miss several chances a game? And for being what matters with the club. I think it matters a lot that we're out of Europe before it even starts and 4 points behind them. Missed chances and what matters indeed.

If every striker in every game scrored every chance, then every game in the league would end 9 each.

Who said any thing about every striker scoring every chance?

Nobody. However , different strikers possess different attributes , and some make their name on the back of scoring records that wouldn't exactly be worthy of the Golden Boot. *

The attributes which a striker has in his locker to compensate for this shortcoming - and how those attributes assist the team cause - are what gets such a player a starting slot. In the case of Kenny Miller , he has demonstrated an ability to provide assists for his partner (Boyd) and pull opposition defences around in order to create space for other team-mates. That is really what Miller's game is built upon.

Conversely , you have a poacher like Boyd who thrives next to a player like Miller. Two very different players , both designated with the 'striker' role. The devil is in the detail.

* The likes of Nwanko Kanu in his Arsenal days

Correct me if I'm wrong. But did Boyd not score plenty before the tim lover was signed? And do you think that was the best we could have got for the price we paid?

Boyd is a natural goal scorer and , naturally , had scored healthily before Miller came back to Ibrox. The point is that Miller is charged with fulfilling his position within the team effectively , and thus far has done that within the parameters of his game. Miller and Boyd seem to work together well - that is the current state of play.

As for wether I believe we could have signed a better player for that partiular role , that is an irrelevant question. I am not among the management team at Ibrox , so my opinion on the matter carries no weight whatsoever on the field - and the current impact of Miller's performance negates the notion altogether.

I don't think it's irrelevant when we're out of Europe and 4 points behind them.

Both issues are entirely relevant , and neither can be laid at Miller's door when he has 10 other players operating with him on the field. As football is a team-based sport , singling out one player as the root of our circumstance is baffling.

I would invite you to recall the TEAM performance away to Kaunas - every single player in a Rangers shirt that night was diabolical , Papac excused.

Or fact.

Old 'fenian face' as you call him obviously is an absolute tim lover.

Did you watch the last Old Firm? Idiot. Yes im talking to you.

Did u watch him when he scored against Rangers?

Well in your mind he is obviously just as confused as you. Think about it.

No confusion here. Any cunt that has endeared them self to those monkey bastards can burn in hell mas far as I'm concerned.

No confusion here. Any cunt that has endeared them self to those monkey bastards can burn in hell mas far as I'm concerned.

ok good luck with your season.

bold bit - i apologise for that personal dig im a bit drunk :) (your still wrong)

YOU are a fud ! that's a fact !

No it's not a fact.

It is an opinion.

And an opinion that I welcome.

Insults from idiots are compliments to people with brains.

So carry on, you can do better I'm sure, 'fud' isn't exactly articulate.

For the record, I really don't care about your opinions, why are you so excited about mine?

What part was nonsense?

On the fact that he has improved every team he's been at.

So you don't believe he's improved the Scotland set up over the years? What about the points against Germany, Italy and the countless "pointless" qualifiers he's contributed to?

You don't believe he improved us first time around? What about the goals he scored against Monaco as well as the SPL?

You don't believe he improved Wolves even though he was arguably their most important player in getting them promoted to the EPL?

You don't believe he improved Celtic even though he was MOTM for them in the first Old Firm game against us and then got them countless other important goals in the SPL and the Champions League?

And you honestly dont believe he's improved our side this season?

Again i reiterate, i dont blame people for hating him because of his past, but the people who hate him because of his ability are kidding themselves.

:mutley:

Amazingly he ended up in a useless Derby side.

Obviously Paul Jewell saw something that the Seria A and Bundesliga reps missed.

I do wonder what it was that they missed :rolleyes:

I`m sure both of you didn`t even expect him to score more than 5 this season,right ? But he`s done much more than that atm and you`re still not happy.That`s just great. <cr>

I can understand why you hate him,but if you can`t admit that he`s doing his job and he`s one of the few best Rangers players this season(along with Davis,Mendes,Boyd and Thomson),well,i just don`t get it.In the end of the day what matters is the club.

So in your opinion, a Rangers striker doing his job right. Is to miss several chances a game? And for being what matters with the club. I think it matters a lot that we're out of Europe before it even starts and 4 points behind them. Missed chances and what matters indeed.

If every striker in every game scrored every chance, then every game in the league would end 9 each.

Nobody. However , different strikers possess different attributes , and some make their name on the back of scoring records that wouldn't exactly be worthy of the Golden Boot. *

The attributes which a striker has in his locker to compensate for this shortcoming - and how those attributes assist the team cause - are what gets such a player a starting slot. In the case of Kenny Miller , he has demonstrated an ability to provide assists for his partner (Boyd) and pull opposition defences around in order to create space for other team-mates. That is really what Miller's game is built upon.

Conversely , you have a poacher like Boyd who thrives next to a player like Miller. Two very different players , both designated with the 'striker' role. The devil is in the detail.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But did Boyd not score plenty before the tim lover was signed? And do you think that was the best we could have got for the price we paid?

Boyd is a natural goal scorer and , naturally , had scored healthily before Miller came back to Ibrox. The point is that Miller is charged with fulfilling his position within the team effectively , and thus far has done that within the parameters of his game. Miller and Boyd seem to work together well - that is the current state of play.

As for wether I believe we could have signed a better player for that partiular role , that is an irrelevant question. I am not among the management team at Ibrox , so my opinion on the matter carries no weight whatsoever on the field - and the current impact of Miller's performance negates the notion altogether.

I don't think it's irrelevant when we're out of Europe and 4 points behind them.

Both issues are entirely relevant , and neither can be laid at Miller's door when he has 10 other players operating with him on the field. As football is a team-based sport , singling out one player as the root of our circumstance is baffling.

I would invite you to recall the TEAM performance away to Kaunas - every single player in a Rangers shirt that night was diabolical , Papac excused.

I admit we didn't play well in both legs. But we did create enough chances for the strikers to put us through. At least 3 falling to fenian face. We should have been home and dry in the first leg. Especially with the wages being picked up by our so called striker.

Obviously Paul Jewell saw something that the Seria A and Bundesliga reps missed.

Or on the flipside, an EPL club who had just done a total January rehaul and had genuine aspirations of staying up.

Ill admit, he's probably a lower tier EPL striker at best, but that's a whole lot better than what we've had over the years in the department.

I just dont understand why people who "will never accept him" because of his ability, accept players like McCulloch and Broadfoot..

ok good luck with your season.

bold bit - i apologise for that personal dig im a bit drunk :) (your still wrong)

So he didn't endear him self to the monkey mob?

I just dont understand why people who "will never accept him" because of his ability, accept players like McCulloch and Broadfoot..

For me it's nothing to do with his ability, which I have a low opinion of, it's because he played for the terrorists.

But it has to be said that he missed two chances today which no striker should have missed.

Or on the flipside, an EPL club who had just done a total January rehaul and had genuine aspirations of staying up.

Ill admit, he's probably a lower tier EPL striker at best, but that's a whole lot better than what we've had over the years in the department.

Probably? Who was the top score for Wolves that season?

I admit we didn't play well in both legs. But we did create enough chances for the strikers to put us through. At least 3 falling to fenian face. We should have been home and dry in the first leg. Especially with the wages being picked up by our so called striker.

That was one game in the home leg where , we fell flat as a team and yes , Miller should have scored.

"............ should have put it away" How many players , striker , midfielder and defender could you say that about in our case in recent years? We have not been a truly clinical side for a long time , and isolated high-margin wins don't disguise the fact.

I would also counter that there are a multitude of players in our ranks who command a premium each week , that is scarely - or not at all - deserved. Miller at the current moment gives alot more bang for his buck than the likes of McCulloch and Dailly , both of whom played a dishonorable role in the Kaunas debacle.

In the season they got promoted? Probably not Miller, that doesnt mean he wasnt their best striker/player though.

Boyd was our top scorer last season, he wasnt any better than JCD or Cousin.

In the season they got promoted? Probably not Miller, that doesnt mean he wasnt their best striker/player though.

Boyd was our top scorer last season, he wasnt any better than JCD or Cousin.

I actually meant the EPL season. Boyd didn't get a fair crack of the whip last season imo.

BCloyal9

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But he's still not good enough imo. A "striker" should have a lot better "strike" rate imo.

And I totally respect your view - the world is a big bowl of opinion soup , as one poster said on Off-Topic recently (loved that phrase!)