Kenny Miller ? Who condems him right now ?

BLUEDIGNITY

I would still punt his arse out of Ibrox.
I would personally punt your arse out of Ibrox first !!!!

You might find that difficult.

Players come and go.

For fans, it's for life.

Ihave been a fan for life (54 years so far) so i think i can talk from experience, if your first statement is some sort of challenge then please get in touch !!!

KEYBOARD HARDMAN ALERT! :bed:

SHITBAG HIDING BEHIND KEYBOARD !!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me.
WHY ????

doh

Because he used to play for the Sporting Wing of PIRA.

Is that so hard to understand?

you are so hard to understand, the man made a mistake, as did Scott Brown and he is now regretting it (believe it or not ) so FFS give the guy a break, because whether you like it or not he is our best player so far this season.

Bold!

Me.
WHY ????

doh

Because he used to play for the Sporting Wing of PIRA.

Is that so hard to understand?

you are so hard to understand, the man made a mistake, as did Scott Brown and he is now regretting it (believe it or not ) so FFS give the guy a break, because whether you like it or not he is our best player so far this season.

Bold!

Bougherra is my shout for our top man so far. Far too many handbags being swung in this thread. I would say that people should respect others' opinions, and leave it at that - particularly in regards to calling into question the "standards" of people that they have never personally met.

particularly in regards to calling into question the "standards" of people that they have never personally met.

If that's directed at me, firstly you have no way of knowing whether I have ever met miller and secondly, well, I never met gerry adams.

I`m sure both of you didn`t even expect him to score more than 5 this season,right ? But he`s done much more than that atm and you`re still not happy.That`s just great. <cr>

I can understand why you hate him,but if you can`t admit that he`s doing his job and he`s one of the few best Rangers players this season(along with Davis,Mendes,Boyd and Thomson),well,i just don`t get it.In the end of the day what matters is the club.

And that`s just opinion <_<

So in your opinion, a Rangers striker doing his job right. Is to miss several chances a game? And for being what matters with the club. I think it matters a lot that we're out of Europe before it even starts and 4 points behind them. Missed chances and what matters indeed.

Well,everyone can miss in front of goal.His finishing is poor,but he still scores.Lots of Rangers fans will never accept him,but he`s still doing a job.He can create chances,Boyd can score goals - that`s why they are good partnership.Last season some folks around here were saying that Boyd cannot be used in 4-5-1,cause he need someone to support him.Well,i think we found that `someone` this season and that`s Kenny.

So Boyd wasn't a goal scorer before fenian face was brought here?

particularly in regards to calling into question the "standards" of people that they have never personally met.

If that's directed at me, firstly you have no way of knowing whether I have ever met miller and secondly, well, I never met gerry adams.

I took the remark as a reference to Bears who look at Miller objectively. If you were talking about the man himself , fair enough.

I`m sure both of you didn`t even expect him to score more than 5 this season,right ? But he`s done much more than that atm and you`re still not happy.That`s just great. <cr>

I can understand why you hate him,but if you can`t admit that he`s doing his job and he`s one of the few best Rangers players this season(along with Davis,Mendes,Boyd and Thomson),well,i just don`t get it.In the end of the day what matters is the club.

So in your opinion, a Rangers striker doing his job right. Is to miss several chances a game? And for being what matters with the club. I think it matters a lot that we're out of Europe before it even starts and 4 points behind them. Missed chances and what matters indeed.

If every striker in every game scrored every chance, then every game in the league would end 9 each.

If every striker in every game scrored every chance, then every game in the league would end 9 each.

Who said any thing about every striker scoring every chance?

(tu)

Well,nobody...The point is - you hate Miller and expect so much from him at the same time.Hate him - that`s your right,but at least you could admit that he`s doing a good job for the club.

I took the remark as a reference to Bears who look at Miller objectively. If you were talking about the man himself , fair enough.

I look at miller 100% objectively.

He played for the scum, that's a fact.

I have no interest in him as a 'man' beyond that fact.

You ask if his job is to miss several chances. It certainly is his job to miss several chances and put some of them away. Thats the general idea. Every striker in the world 'misses several chances' in every game.

edit - judging by your avatar and your posts you obviously have issues with Kenny Miller, but to be honest thats your problem, not mine and certainly not that of Rangers Football Club.

Suck it up and get on with it.

You ask if his job is to miss several chances. It certainly is his job to miss several chances and put some of them away. Thats the general idea. Every striker in the world 'misses several chances' in every game.

No, a striker job is to put the greater majority of chances away. Some is not good enough imo.

Nobody. However , different strikers possess different attributes , and some make their name on the back of scoring records that wouldn't exactly be worthy of the Golden Boot. *

The attributes which a striker has in his locker to compensate for this shortcoming - and how those attributes assist the team cause - are what gets such a player a starting slot. In the case of Kenny Miller , he has demonstrated an ability to provide assists for his partner (Boyd) and pull opposition defences around in order to create space for other team-mates. That is really what Miller's game is built upon.

Conversely , you have a poacher like Boyd who thrives next to a player like Miller. Two very different players , both designated with the 'striker' role. The devil is in the detail.

* The likes of Nwanko Kanu in his Arsenal days

Nobody. However , different strikers possess different attributes , and some make their name on the back of scoring records that wouldn't exactly be worthy of the Golden Boot. *

The attributes which a striker has in his locker to compensate for this shortcoming - and how those attributes assist the team cause - are what gets such a player a starting slot. In the case of Kenny Miller , he has demonstrated an ability to provide assists for his partner (Boyd) and pull opposition defences around in order to create space for other team-mates. That is really what Miller's game is built upon.

Conversely , you have a poacher like Boyd who thrives next to a player like Miller. Two very different players , both designated with the 'striker' role. The devil is in the detail.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But did Boyd not score plenty before the tim lover was signed? And do you think that was the best we could have got for the price we paid?

I've no problem with the people who say that they dont like him because he played for them, thats understandable, but the people who say they dont like him because of his ability? Bullshit.

Where were you when we signed up Dailly? What about Broadfoot? Then there's Ostenstaad and the rest of the McLeish brigade. What about when Le Guen was paying decent money for a blatantly obvious Slovakian nomark? Were you so vocal in your abuse then?

By all means, slag Miller off if you dont rate his morals as a man, but save the faux "he's an indicment of what we've became" bullshit, because really, he's an improvement on 80% of the striking "talents" we've been treated to over the past 5 years.

Miller is a decent enough striker who will aid a teams cause, despite his lack of goalscoring heroics. He's proved this at nearly every club he's played at over the years.

I've no problem with the people who say that they dont like him because he played for them, thats understandable, but the people who say they dont like him because of his ability? Bullshit.

Where were you when we signed up Dailly? What about Broadfoot? Then there's Ostenstaad and the rest of the McLeish brigade. What about when Le Guen was paying decent money for a blatantly obvious Slovakian nomark? Were you so vocal in your abuse then?

By all means, slag Miller off if you dont rate his morals as a man, but save the faux "he's an indicment of what we've became" bullshit, because really, he's an improvement on 80% of the striking "talents" we've been treated to over the past 5 years.

Miller is a decent enough striker who will aid a teams cause, despite his lack of goalscoring heroics. He's proved this at nearly every club he's played at over the years.

So much that he's been sold/let go by every club he's been at?

Correct me if I'm wrong. But did Boyd not score plenty before the tim lover was signed? And do you think that was the best we could have got for the price we paid?

Boyd is a natural goal scorer and , naturally , had scored healthily before Miller came back to Ibrox. The point is that Miller is charged with fulfilling his position within the team effectively , and thus far has done that within the parameters of his game. Miller and Boyd seem to work together well - that is the current state of play.

As for wether I believe we could have signed a better player for that partiular role , that is an irrelevant question. I am not among the management team at Ibrox , so my opinion on the matter carries no weight whatsoever on the field - and the current impact of Miller's performance negates the notion altogether.

Also so much so that Luciano Spaletti of Roma, Trond Solliend of Olympiakos, Paul Jewell of Derby and 3 other Bundesliga clubs sent scouts to watch him when Celtic made him available.

As i say, he's not anything special, but he's a decent enough striker who's scored/improved a team at every level he's played at.

Well said...For me, Miller has far exceeded my expectations so far this year. I don't think he has been a hinderance to Rangers at all, and the Miller-Boyd parternship is going to be difficult to stop the rest of the way. People that don't like him are certainly entitled to, but it's kind of crazy to actively root against our own players so vehemently.

Boyd is a natural goal scorer and , naturally , had scored healthily before Miller came back to Ibrox. The point is that Miller is charged with fulfilling his position within the team effectively , and thus far has done that within the parameters of his game. Miller and Boyd seem to work together well - that is the current state of play.

As for wether I believe we could have signed a better player for that partiular role , that is an irrelevant question. I am not among the management team at Ibrox , so my opinion on the matter carries no weight whatsoever on the field - and the current impact of Miller's performance negates the notion altogether.

I don't think it's irrelevant when we're out of Europe and 4 points behind them.

Also so much so that Luciano Spaletti of Roma, Trond Solliend of Olympiakos, Paul Jewell of Derby and 3 other Bundesliga clubs sent scouts to watch him when Celtic made him available.

As i say, he's not anything special, but he's a decent enough striker who's scored/improved a team at every level he's played at.

What a lot of absolute nonsense.