Irish MEP having a go in European Parliment

OzGers

Hear Hear Coops. Question for the European Parliament - Where should the expensive EU resources be spent? Tackling name calling or countering supporters of terrorism? Just a thought ...

This is the most corrupt institution in the history of democracy - they spend all the EU resources lining their own pockets.

They have been unable to 'sign off' their accounts for 13 years due to the massive black hole where all the money pours into their wallets.

I suppose The Famine Song might deflect the spotlight from falling on their corruption.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just when you think it couldnt possibly get any worse this muppet takes it to the flippin european parliament doh. What a complete muppet. So keen to end the "sectarian behaviour".

Funnily enough theres no mention of the pro terrorist songs from the tims, no mention of the blatantly sectarian orange barsteward/ hun chants, no mention of the vile song about nacho novo. Its fair enough if someone doesnt like a song but the constant moaning about one song from us while they turn a blind eye to others

"In particular, they are chanting what is known as The Famine Song, which is a vile and racist song and which calls for Irish people who took refuge in Scotland after the famine to return home to Ireland"

How many 170 year old Irish people are there in the world, let alone Scotland? doh

Shut up you thick paddy prick!

Actually i think its aimed at celtic supporters who are are scottish but wave irish flags and sing song gloryfying irish terrorists and have banners about the irish potatoe famine at scottish football games. Interestingly that was in may last year when they had the banner at the hibs game, around about the time the famine song started being sung. Its not being sung to tell every person of irish descent to go home, its not mocking the famine or any of the other bs that gets spouted in the media.

"The singing of the Famine Song at Scottish Premier League matches is highly insulting to the Irish people and to our country"

Yea well the singing of IRA songs at SPL matches is highly offensive to me and thousands of other northern ireland suppporters and probably a lot of scottish supporters. I was lucky enough not to be alive at the worst of the trouble in the 70s but i still have memories of bomb scares in belfast, the aftermath of the omagh bombing, the time they bombed my home town etc. Nothing makes my blood boil more than hearing those scumbags singing in support of them. Until they stop singing those songs i for one will not be stopping singing the famine song, i didnt even sing it much but after all this pish i will be singing it even louder. I will definetly be sending that prick an email

I hadn't sung it but feel similar to you, so to speak.

Maybe one day you idiots will realise that it does hurt these folk. They wouldnt be raising it at such levels unless they had major feelings about it. Trust me they would rather be dealing with more up to date problems of the world instead of looking back at history brought up by mindless thugs who could write all they know about Ireland on the back of a match box. Maybe one day we could actually sing songs of Rangers and bring back the title winning days in years past. Do you think our catholic players get inspired by this stupid little song? I doubt it. Where as a Rangers song with Rangers football lyrics is a different matter and songs which SHOULD be sung home and away. Rant over. Away to play 7 a sides.

I happen to be in Dublin and nobody here could give a flying fuck.