Irish MEP having a go in European Parliment

OzGers

In todays sun, an Irish MEP has addressed EUROPEAN PARLIMENT about the famine song...this is completely absurd...to think this guy has nothing better to discuss than a a few words sung by supporters at a football match...what has the world come to when foreign politicians are worried about songs when they should be worrying about the state of the economy, the thousands dying in the War etc etc..makes me sick...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle1941769.ece

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not like there any bigger issues to discuss <cr>

This is another massive issue for us.

Our good name and reputation has been sullied once again by MOPES with an anti-Rangers agenda.

After Manchester we have the worst current reputation in European football and now this wll send yet another negative message across the globe.

This could have serious repurcussions.

And the biggest irony is that there is nothing illegal with the song.

John Macmillan, general secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, said he was “angry” that the issue of the Famine Song had been raised at such a high level.

He said: “Let me ask the MEP to investigate the IRA chants that come from the Celtic support.

“Celtic don’t say too much on the subject and some of their fans are in complete denial that it takes place.”

"In particular, they are chanting what is known as The Famine Song, which is a vile and racist song and which calls for Irish people who took refuge in Scotland after the famine to return home to Ireland.

:mutley: I think they'll likely be dead by now.....

Maybe one day you idiots will realise that it does hurt these folk. They wouldnt be raising it at such levels unless they had major feelings about it. Trust me they would rather be dealing with more up to date problems of the world instead of looking back at history brought up by mindless thugs who could write all they know about Ireland on the back of a match box. Maybe one day we could actually sing songs of Rangers and bring back the title winning days in years past. Do you think our catholic players get inspired by this stupid little song? I doubt it. Where as a Rangers song with Rangers football lyrics is a different matter and songs which SHOULD be sung home and away. Rant over. Away to play 7 a sides.

Maybe one day you idiots will realise that it does hurt these folk. They wouldnt be raising it at such levels unless they had major feelings about it. Trust me they would rather be dealing with more up to date problems of the world instead of looking back at history brought up by mindless thugs who could write all they know about Ireland on the back of a match box. Maybe one day we could actually sing songs of Rangers and bring back the title winning days in years past. Do you think our catholic players get inspired by this stupid little song? I doubt it. Where as a Rangers song with Rangers football lyrics is a different matter and songs which SHOULD be sung home and away. Rant over. Away to play 7 a sides.

And what about the celtic fans singing IRA songs then? Does that not hit a nerve and cause real hurt and offence to anyone who's families have been ruined by the IRA? Or just cause offence in general to people of Britain that they'd sing about a terrorist organisation?

John Macmillan, general secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, said he was “angry” that the issue of the Famine Song had been raised at such a high level.

He said: “Let me ask the MEP to investigate the IRA chants that come from the Celtic support.

“Celtic don’t say too much on the subject and some of their fans are in complete denial that it takes place.”

:unionflag:

your calling your fellow bears idiots? these bastards sing about death and destruction to the brittish people,people who took them in when they had fuck all to eat,these bastards repay us by blowing up stuff,killing innocent folk,fuck them i say i hope that the famine song offends every last one of the plastic paddy cunts right down to the bone.

It can only hurt a determined offendee, who frankly shouldn't be at a football match.

I don't trust you, not for a minute, how do you know what 'they' would rather be doing?

I reckon the MOPE mentality is never happier than when playing the race/ sectarian card against the big bad proddies.

your calling your fellow bears idiots? these bastards sing about death and destruction to the brittish people,people who took them in when they had fuck all to eat,these bastards repay us by blowing up stuff,killing innocent folk,fuck them i say i hope that the famine song offends every last one of the plastic paddy cunts right down to the bone.

And 'mindless thugs'.

One to watch.

And 'mindless thugs'.

One to watch.

I believe Sniff Sniff is the saying :craphead:

Weve got a live one :mutley:

Large John was also aware declan :pipe:

To think someone actually said football was more important than life and death. Well I used to laugh at that one, not anymore as it seems for many that is truly the case. What a sad lot they really are, for me there is no hope left in this one. Time to change direction and hit them with both barrels.

Now wheres ma tottie peeler??? :shifty:

I thought this song was about plastic paddies?

Are all plastic paddies members of the IRA?

Or in fact are all Irish imigrants, or Catholics?

why dont you go home?

Interesting post. Calling fellow Bears 'idiots' and 'mindless thugs' ? hmmm. Not ideal.

Oh, and if you know your history ;) you would know that these poor downtrodden people are no more hard done by than any other group of people in this country. (thats the United Kingdom I'm talking about) Indeed they are pampered to, if only you take a look around. Without the green-tinted specs on of course.

You talk of their feelings being hurt ? Honestly, I had to read that twice.

I reckon you've fallen for the old Tim propoganda machine, listening to their stories of hardship and toil, living in a country that denies them opportunity and freedom of speech. Don't make me laugh.

The Famine song is no more than a wind-up to a people who though British by birth and live here while enjoying all the benefits British life has to offer, still harbour some misplaced romantic ideal of a country their ancestors came from to escape a potato famine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the famine itself only affect the catholic population of Ireland ?

Not forgetting Timmy has a deep-rooted hatred of all things British, so much they sing songs glorifying a terrorist organisation that destroyed so many of our peoples' lives so brutally.

But hey, those songs are only curtural aren't they ? Just a bit o' craic as they say ;)

I think you've been sold a pair of green-tinted specs Gazza. I would take them back for a refund.

Initially, I was just going to reply with "tool", then, I took a breath, and thought about it, and was going to suggest perhaps "naive", then, after some further thought, I can't really be too hard on you, since, you obviously have special needs. My condolences