Ferguson tonight

MikeBlue

I only managed bits and spurts of the game, but it seemed like Barry was back making the simple passes from deeper.

Isn't that what we (as Rangers fans) have been crying for him to do for years, ever since Smith began trying to shoehorn him into this 'supporting striker' role?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what exactly is it Broadfoots done wrong tonight ? wacko.gif

I dno why people love to just slate the lad for the sake of it.

Have a look at the goal again, caught totally out of position and then runs back after the play, completely failing to make any contribution - yes Caldwell and McManus were at fault, but the chance came down Broadfoot's side.

Failed to make a single useful cross whenever he came forward. Easily bypassed numerous times.

Look, I know he's playing on the wrong side, but that's an explanation for his performance - it doesn't mean he played well. I didn't think he was that much worse than his last 2 - 3 games playing at RB for us either - he constantly causes attacks to breakdown because he gets up into good positions but cannot deliver any sort of quality. There's no good saying "but he's really a CB" - he plays RB for us and appears to be first choice.

I'm increasingly convinced that he's a major problem for us. Far more so than Papac, who at least doesn't try to put himself in those positions much. I don't really care how much he tries - I'd try if you put me in at RB, but it doesn't mean I'd be any good.

I only managed bits and spurts of the game, but it seemed like Barry was back making the simple passes from deeper.

Isn't that what we (as Rangers fans) have been crying for him to do for years, ever since Smith began trying to shoehorn him into this 'supporting striker' role?

Indeed, presumably because McFadyen was playing in the advanced role (where he gave the ball away every time he got it btw)

What about Alan Hutton performance tonight?!

Lets just say £9million looks like a great deal for us now

Well he's not played that much, but still got pulled down quite a few times as he got away from his marker - in a proper game those would have been bookings and he'd have been away the next time.

Yeah i get that point...But we also see the side that he switches off and ball watches in that deeper role as Maxi Rodriquez Goal proved.

Barry is a shell of his former self and it sad to see him decline over the years :(

Lets just say £9million looks like a great deal for us now <cr>

He's just back from a lengthy lay off and he was up against a team who have one of the most robust backlines in world football, and two of the best defensive midfielders offering them protection.

One average performance doesn't meake him a bad player, or make us getting 9 million look like a "great deal" <cr>

Best player for Scotland before he went off.

Sat back, dictated most of the play. Was the architect for all of the best moves that Scotland made in the first half.

Really couldnt have done much more considering the opposition, proved himself to still be the Scotland captain.

He's just back from a lengthy lay off and he was up against a team who have one of the most robust backlines in world football, and two of the best defensive midfielders offering them protection.

One average performance doesn't meake him a bad player, or make us getting 9 million look like a "great deal" <cr>

He's been back playing for Tottenham for a month now the Arsenal game for one he was shockingly bad :(

Hutton has had more playing time than Ferguson and at a higher level, so really not any excuses for him. As performances go tonight £9million does look a great deal now!

Just a pity we Pished the £9million away :mad:

Sat back, dictated most of the play. Was the architect for all of the best moves that Scotland made in the first half.

Really couldnt have done much more considering the opposition, proved himself to still be the Scotland captain.

People to quick to slate the guy...The tools know who they are!

People to quick to slate the guy...The tools know who they are!

There is a difference in having a opinion to completely Slating the Guy :rolleyes:

Yet again with the Tool comment, i take it you don't have the intelligence to have a debate.

Ferguson showed tonight that in terms of technique and ability he is head and shoulders above every player in that Scotland side.

He was just so much classier than the rest of them tonight. Even at the goal, he wasnt solely to blame, and i'd wager that a fully fit Ferguson would have taken care of Maxi.

Tonight will have done his fitness, confidence and sharpness the world of good.

Read the posts then if a point is what you are after not just by people who agree with you but all of them...less time punching away more time Reading!

Let me try and get this thread back on topic then (tu)

You Think Ferguson had a great game?

I think Ferguson has alot still to prove to get to the level that we all expect.

So Roggy whats wrong with that, and in your opinion does that merit a insult regarding your not a True Bluenose etc ?!

No-one has Slated our Captain as far as i can see they just want the OLD BARRY BACK!

Ferguson showed tonight that in terms of technique and ability he is head and shoulders above every player in that Scotland side.

He was just so much classier than the rest of them tonight. Even at the goal, he wasnt solely to blame, and i'd wager that a fully fit Ferguson would have taken care of Maxi.

Tonight will have done his fitness, confidence and sharpness the world of good.

Hope so (tu)

DB fairplay.

Just like you i want to see Our captain do well..But i dont like the constant negative posts that are always on the board regarding Bazza..

No offence.

None Taken :beer2:

Barry Ferguson is always a heated debate, deep down we all want the same thing us winning the league. :rangers: