Ferguson tonight

MikeBlue

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Ferguson looked pretty decent tbh! Sat back a bit more and didn't try and get involved in every passage of play and the team benefited from it. When he got the ball, he didnt waste it. Decent run out.

I agree Kev. (tu)

I wish I'd counted the number of "hospital passes" Brown, and in particular Hartley, played to Ferguson in the 1st half. I thought both were shockingly poor. :angry2:

It saddens me to see that some folk cannot (or will not) recognise that Ferguson is a quality/classy player.

On the other hand, it heartens me to see that many people still recognise this.

I think Ferguson will improve game-on-game. In the meantime, I'm just happy to see him playing a natural game, and avoiding injury.

I thought Ferguson looked pretty decent tbh! Sat back a bit more and didn't try and get involved in every passage of play and the team benefited from it. When he got the ball, he didnt waste it. Decent run out.

I agree Kev. (tu)

I wish I'd counted the number of "hospital passes" Brown, and in particular Hartley, played to Ferguson in the 1st half. I thought both were shockingly poor. :angry2:

I think there might be a footballer lurking somewhere in Brown, but Hartley is just shite.

If you are happy with that performance from Barry Ferguson our standards have dropped dramatically

Are we happy with 2nd best, cause if thats all he's got we aint going to win the league.

Noone would be more happy than me if Barry Ferguson came back bigger and better than ever, I just dont get over excited by an average performance by the most technically gifted footballer in Scotland

I wish I'd counted the number of "hospital passes" Brown, and in particular Hartley, played to Ferguson in the 1st half. I thought both were shockingly poor

There was one from Hartley that was so bad, I wondered if it was deliberate to try and get him injured, but he's probably too thick. Provan just said "Ferguson caught on the ball" of course

I wish I'd counted the number of "hospital passes" Brown, and in particular Hartley, played to Ferguson in the 1st half. I thought both were shockingly poor

There was one from Hartley that was so bad, I wondered if it was deliberate to try and get him injured, but he's probably too thick. Provan just said "Ferguson caught on the ball" of course

Was a poor pass

However, Barry asked and showed for the ball. He then stood still and waited for the pass and the Argentine player nipped in infront of him

However, Barry asked and showed for the ball. He then stood still and waited for the pass and the Argentine player nipped in infront of him

Sorry - should have realised it was Ferguson's fault rather than Hartley's for taking so long to make the pass.

You were slagging Ferguson off pretty early in the game, you know (check your posts) - I doubt he could ever have had a decent game in your eyes

I can't believe you all sat through all of that.

I fucking hate it when a much superior team clearly switches off completely and just leaves us to chase shadows for the rest of the game, occasionally stumbling into a goalscoring opportunity where one of our big diddies up front just skill-lessly scuffs it round the post.

I can't believe you all sat through all of that.

I fucking hate it when a much superior team clearly switches off completely and just leaves us to chase shadows for the rest of the game, occasionally stumbling into a goalscoring opportunity where one of our big diddies up front just skill-lessly scuffs it round the post.

I watched it at work, and it was either the Scotland game or hard work. Which would you choose? :craphead:

Barry was the best scotland player by a country mile taking the ball spraying passes finding players only one who looked ablt to compete with the Argies

He did look a class apart from the rest. (tu)

if he plays like against the sheep violaters then we rocking

Sorry - should have realised it was Ferguson's fault rather than Hartley's for taking so long to make the pass.

You were slagging Ferguson off pretty early in the game, you know (check your posts) - I doubt he could ever have had a decent game in your eyes

For the first 20 minutes he was AWOL and he lost his man for the goal. So I posted that, truth hurts.

Then he had a 5-10 minute spell in the game (Which I also posted)

Then I posted at the end of the game saying he was average

Barry hasnt had a really good game for Rangers since Werder Bremen at home in the UEFA Cup

Trying to figure out how Paul Hartley is considered as Scotland's 'premier' defensive mid leaves my brain aching.

Even a fit Thomson didn't get a look in, but he's at least 2 leagues above Hartley.

Is Burley afraid to pick a Fergie/Thommo midfield in case it's too proddy? :pipe:

Trying to figure out how Paul Hartley is considered as Scotland's 'premier' defensive mid leaves my brain aching.

Even a fit Thomson didn't get a look in, but he's at least 2 leagues above Hartley.

Is Burley afraid to pick a Fergie/Thommo midfield in case it's too proddy? :pipe:

Hartley was the defensive midfielder, yet Barry spent the first half 10 yards behind him.

The only way Barry could get on the ball was to drop deeper and deeper into areas where Argentina werent pressing the ball.

Anytime Barry got beyond the half way line, Argentina crowded him out or offered him the square pass or the backwards pass.

I expect more of Barry, if he head and shoulders above any other Scotland player and didnt look out of place against the Argies, how could he not get forward a bit more, into more threatening areas of the field where his passing ability could be used to create something in the final third. Being neat and tidy on the half way line or in our own half isnt good enough and isnt going to get the job done.

Brown, Hartley and Robson might be shite for Scotland but they seem to do a decent enough job for celtc and that's all that bothers me.

Maybe Robson and Brown, but I honestly have no idea why Hartley is still highly rated amongst some people (including the manager of our national team it seems). He'd probably be great in a game of five a sides, but he's far too slow both in terms of his actual pace and with respects to his decisionmaking to be effective anymore.

Hartley is an average footballer, at best. He was woeful tonight and watch next time he has to make a pass over 10 yards, he has to take a run up. Brown is definitely the most talented out of the three Celtc midfielders but struggles to do anything at right wing. Why he wasn't holding instead of Hartley and freeing up that right wing for someone who can do something at right wing baffles me. Personally, I'd have Ferguson and Thommo in the centre. But with Thommo and Fletcher out, Brown should have been in beside Ferguson. Hartley is nowhere near international class.

I thought Barry had a good run out. He looked completely composed on the ball, some glimpses of old Barry. I have a question though, how long does a player take to get his match fitness back?

Hartley was the defensive midfielder, yet Barry spent the first half 10 yards behind him.

The only way Barry could get on the ball was to drop deeper and deeper into areas where Argentina werent pressing the ball.

Anytime Barry got beyond the half way line, Argentina crowded him out or offered him the square pass or the backwards pass.

I expect more of Barry, if he head and shoulders above any other Scotland player and didnt look out of place against the Argies, how could he not get forward a bit more, into more threatening areas of the field where his passing ability could be used to create something in the final third. Being neat and tidy on the half way line or in our own half isnt good enough and isnt going to get the job done.

Very much agree. We all are looking for the best of Barry, but its not there yet by a long way and its been a long time since it was last seen.

He was no worse than any of the other players, but a long way short of having any influence on the game and that's what you expect from Barry.

The last two SPL games he's not been influential nor even fully fit so this was not unexpected.