Ferguson tonight

MikeBlue

Played 60 minutes and didn't look bad at all - certainly far better than Brown and the utterly awful Hartley. McManus and Caldwell also terrible - why are we behind them? Oh yes - Broadfoot - least said the better though he is at LB. Gotta feel for Steve Smith watching that

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry came off, Brown went into the middle with Robertson and Scotland had their best move of the game.

Barry did nothing all game. When he got the ball, he played a 5-10 pass, but didnt look for the return. Majority of his passes were backwards and he spent most of the half in his own half. He also lost his man for the goal

Our leader, so called best player couldnt influence the game and Scotland created nothing with him in it. He's not in the team to take the ball off others and play 5-10 passes

Barry came off, Brown went into the middle with Robertson and Scotland had their best move of the game.

Barry did nothing all game. When he got the ball, he played a 5-10 pass, but didnt look for the return. Majority of his passes were backwards and he spent most of the half in his own half. He also lost his man for the goal

Our leader, so called best player couldnt influence the game and Scotland created nothing with him in it. He's not in the team to take the ball off others and play 5-10 passes

haa theres A surprise most most of the passes were backwards he does that aww the time anyway :angry2: A don't care wit he does we scotland am talking about he does it we us every week well afore he got injured :mutley: we're gonna miss thomson :angry2:

I've just been banned from another site for intimating this.

Ferguson was poor bar a nice turn and release of the ball out to Commons.

Did he go off injured?

injured wit ur u kidding on? :angry2:

I don't know that's why I asked?

My mate text me saying he went off injured - although I think he might have been winding me up?

Ferguson was poor bar a nice turn and release of the ball out to Commons.

Did he go off injured?

injured wit ur u kidding on? :angry2:

I don't know that's why I asked?

My mate text me saying he went off injured - although I think he might have been winding me up?

He got a knock in the first half, but I think it was always the plan to give him 60 minutes.

Burley might be a shit manager, but at least he knows when his player is knackered and doesnt leave him on when he's a passanger

I thought Ferguson looked pretty decent tbh! Sat back a bit more and didn't try and get involved in every passage of play and the team benefited from it. When he got the ball, he didnt waste it. Decent run out.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

He done well in zonal sense when it came to thwarting Gago. Overall it was a solid, composed performance from him.

Everybody's entitled their opinion but as far as I'm concerned Ferguson and Commons were the only players in a dark blue shirt capable of keeping the ball for more than two seconds - every other player just gave it back to the Argentinians as soon as they got it.

He could have been MOTM instead of Teves and there'd still be a few on here saying he was sh*t.

Certainly not james but constant gripes over every single thing he does is a bit much!...

Every other clubs supporters i know laugh when they hear Barry, along with a good few others get that much abuse from the Loyal (fans)we boast.

We have better players in my eyes than other SPL clubs, Barry being the stand out amongst the Scots so get behind them..Let the others slate him.WATP

Do you really expect him to look for the return in the centre when Argentina have two of the best defensive midfielders in the world patrolling the area? It was pretty clear that Burley had told the team to get the ball out wide to Hutton and Commons whenever possible. Ferguson done this better than anyone else in the team.

As for the second point about him influencing the game, well that's just absurd. You must have missed the first half where he was basically ordering Hartley and Brown around, as well as proving to be the calming head on proceedings.

You seem to be annoyed at him for keeping things relatively simple. God, we could have had a playmaker of Riquelme standards in our ranks tonight and we would still have struggled to penetrate them. Ferguson stuck to the task, and done well.

Everybody's entitled their opinion but as far as I'm concerned Ferguson and Commons were the only players in a dark blue shirt capable of keeping the ball for more than two seconds - every other player just gave it back to the Argentinians as soon as they got it.

He could have been MOTM instead of Teves and there'd still be a few on here saying he was sh*t.

Disagree if he was anything like the standard of Tevez, no one would have any complaints.