If Le Guen had stayed

Bobby83

Imo,

If we had been patient, and not spat the dummy when he took a disliking to Barry and the lad culture of the club.

We would be a completely transformed club, Le Guen would have brought more coaches from the continent and instilled a concentration on fitness and technique all the way down the club.

No one can predict what would have happened, but our short sightedness allowed us to miss out on something big imo.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He came here ill-prepared and it showed big time. Remember his first TV interview ? He couldn't speak basic English.

Water under the bridge now for me.

Capello couldn't speak English when he took the England job

He wasnt fully backed and he made mistakes

Without him we still havent won the League, PLG could have got us 2nd in the SPL with £36 million

He came here ill-prepared and it showed big time. Remember his first TV interview ? He couldn't speak basic English.

Ill-prepared because when he agreed to join us everybody assumed we would be in the Champions League. Of course, Eck completely messed this up and the budget that Le Guen had been using as a guideline was then rendered useless and he had to find a whole new group of cheaper players a month or so before taking the hotseat.

I didn't think his English was bad at all. Certainly no worse than some of the foreign managers that have came to Britain over the years.

Capello couldn't speak English when he took the England job

He wasnt fully backed and he made mistakes

Without him we still havent won the League, PLG could have got us 2nd in the SPL with £36 million

True about Capello. Looking back it seemed to me PLG didn't appreciate the Scottish psyche and how to handle our players. He also knew little of our league.

I was just thinking about this today.

He could of been mediocre at his best

Or he could have been world class - we'll never know.

Might have got on better had he been given the money Smith has wasted - £40m odd.

Might have got on better had he been given the money Smith has wasted - £40m odd.

He was mediocre at his time with us and I don't believe he would of improved

What if he'd been given the sort of money Smith has been given?

You bring in a manager like Le Guen - who was highly rated around Europe and you give him fcuk all to play with. Pointless!

I reckon more of our young players would benefit if Le Guen was around.

He started Charlie Adam when he was good. We thought he was the next big thing at Rangers but hes Shite.

Although i think if Le Guen would have stayed for his 3 years he would have won the league last season as well as the UEFA Cup!

What if he'd been given the sort of money Smith has been given?

You bring in a manager like Le Guen - who was highly rated around Europe and you give him fcuk all to play with. Pointless!

We even got Skrtel to Murray Park. :(

It'll always be one of the big what could have been's for me.

To be fair he hit the nail on the head with Ferguson though.

We all know it.

And coming from the horses mouth himself, JCD isn't that friendly with Barry and therefore finds it hard to "get on at Rangers" because he isn't part of that clique.

To be fair he hit the nail on the head with Ferguson though.

We all know it.

And coming from the horses mouth himself, JCD isn't that friendly with Barry and therefore finds it hard to "get on at Rangers" because he isn't part of that clique.

Without a doubt.

As a player i admire Ferguson, as a person.. well... the less said the better.