If Le Guen had stayed

Bobby83

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i firmly believe that if le guen had stayed then we'd have won the spl and done almost if not equally as well in europe last season. we's also still be in europe this season

the man is a tactical genious - we were just too impatient

What happened to Antoine Ponroy & William Stanger?

They signed from Rennais I think and were made to seem decent but never played I think.

Antoine Ponroy signed for Pizza Hut (now Pasta Hut) and William Stanger is now a professional dog walker in Milngavie!!!

i firmly believe that if le guen had stayed then we'd have won the spl and done almost if not equally as well in europe last season. we's also still be in europe this season

the man is a tactical genious - we were just too impatient

Interesting theory, although during his time with us seemed unlikely.

Dropping points at Home to Dundee Utd (and still happens just now) won't win anyone SPL's

They signed from Rennais I think and were made to seem decent but never played I think.

Antoine Ponroy signed for Pizza Hut (now Pasta Hut) and William Stanger is now a professional dog walker in Milngavie!!!

:craphead:

TMW, I was at that game mate :anguish:

I'll be forever jealous of you, purely because you got to see the living legend that is Makhtar N'Diaye in the flesh. :(

N'Diaye was actually superb in that game!

And I know I'm fairly sozzled, but I kid you not! I left that game thinking we have the new Dunga :pipe:

TMW, I was at that game mate :anguish:

I'll be forever jealous of you, purely because you got to see the living legend that is Makhtar N'Diaye in the flesh. :(

I saw Makhtar aswell, against Molde FK where we won 2-0 :rangers:

Imo,

If we had been patient, and not spat the dummy when he took a disliking to Barry and the lad culture of the club.

We would be a completely transformed club, Le Guen would have brought more coaches from the continent and instilled a concentration on fitness and technique all the way down the club.

No one can predict what would have happened, but our short sightedness allowed us to miss out on something big imo.

Interesting post.

My honest opinion is that if he had PLG "stuck it out", SDM would have supported him completely, and he would have "prevailed" in the "culture war" that appeared to have bubbled to the surface towards the end of his tenure. Those "in opposition" would simply have been shipped-out over the medium to long-term. I think his English would have improved, as would his understanding of Scottish culture and comfort in the role.

Medium-to-long-term, that would probably have meant that a whole raft of new players, with a focus on technique. Ferguson and Boyd, most likely, would not be at the club right now. In short, I think the players and style of play would be markedly different by this time.

This would most probably have involved a period of some consternation and/or pain. However, over the long-term, I think the seeds for real long-term benefits could have been planted.

All of the above, is, of coure, conjecture on my part.

Really?

I was firmly of the opinion that Murray should've made Ferguson, McGregor and Boyd eat shit and bow before PLG, he should have backed him and told them in no certain terms that one more tantrum and they'd be polishing boots til the end of their contracts (9 to 5 polishing boots and cleaning kit). If he'd of done that...

No point in going over that though, we need to forget that now and the next time we get a good coach we need to give him 100% backing!