Why do we always talk down last season and the Uefa Final?

Markag1991

The reason we don't talk about it is because at the end of the day we were 2nd best!

...And when was that acceptable?

Was for some!

Thats what wrong with us now, alot are content playing 2nd fiddle :(

There is no Rangers fan who is content coming 2nd to Celtic

The reason we don't talk about it is because at the end of the day we were 2nd best!

Was for some!

I used to think that, until reading alot of posts on here over the last couple of years.

Was for some!

I used to think that, until reading alot of posts on here over the last couple of years.

i agree and what makes it worse is being second in a league where only two teams can win it.

There's positives that can be taken from last season as we had made a massive step up from PLG. Losing the UEFA Cup final I can handle because we had exceeded expectations by getting there and lost to a better team. Losing the league I definitely can't handle because we lost it to a team we had proven for most of the season we were far better than.

Last season was a failure to me:

SPL Winners - celtc / SPL Runners Up - Rangers

Equal 9th best team in Europe - celtc

18th best team in Europe - Rangers

Scottish Cup Winners: Rangers / Runners Up: Queen of the South

League Cup Winners: Rangers (on pens) / Runners up: Dundee Utd

And some think it was a successful season because we took 200k to Manchester?

Too many Rangers fans are apathetic or have limited ambition for the club.

From my P.O.V. it's the awful realisation of 'what could have been', coupled with the disgrace of the 'fans' who made Manchester memorable to the rest of the UK for all the wrong reasons.

Losing the title to the filth was more painful for me than losing the UEFA cup final.

Still p*sses me off now just thinking about it :(

That too.

It is a season that will live with me forever.

So many great trips, I had an absolute ball, it is brilliant being a bear.

I have this strange memory of bumping into a couple of bears outside the portaloos at Inverness on Saturday, then being in a Club with them a few days later in Dubrovnik, a strange contrast. Then on a minibus to Montenegro the day after. Strange stuff. That bus journey was outstanding, a truly great bonding experience for all involved.

Such great memories, I will always cherish them.

But in the final analysis it is about the footie, and two Cups is OK, but not when it means them winning 3 in a row.

I doubt very much that I will ever attend 19 European matches in one season again.

It is a season that will live with me forever.

So many great trips, I had an absolute ball, it is brilliant being a bear.

I have this strange memory of bumping into a couple of bears outside the portaloos at Inverness on Saturday, then being in a Club with them a few days later in Dubrovnik, a strange contrast. Then on a minibus to Montenegro the day after. Strange stuff. That bus journey was outstanding, a truly great bonding experience for all involved.

Such great memories, I will always cherish them.

But in the final analysis it is about the footie, and two Cups is OK, but not when it means them winning 3 in a row.

I doubt very much that I will ever attend 19 European matches in one season again.

Whats the most euro games a team has ever played in a season that must be a record if not close to ? They used to win european cups with half that number of games played ? :sherlock: