Would anyone blame Mendes and Bougherra

JohnGalbraith

I know how Scott feels.

There was about 20 of us.. all sitting in the front row, the 2 set pieces we lost the goals from, everyone of us was shouting to mark up - we could see it happen literally 2 meters from us, but no, the ball drops and BANG 2 pointless goals.

Not really Majid's fault/s may I add. I thought Weir and McGregor were more suspect.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending was poor yesterday, couldnt single anyone out. And to answer the question no i couldnt blame them.

Another thing i noticed is when your up against it Kirk is really poor. I know he has being praised recently and rightly so but to call him a limited footballer is just about right

Well said, that (tu)

How anyone can blame people apart from Bougherra for the 2 goals is totally beyond me

He gave away two fouls and from the free kicks Berra, who Bougherra was marking, set up two goals

<cr>

How anyone can blame Bougherra outright is beyond me.

I thought the free-kick for the second goal was never a free-kick. Ref didnt help things, either.

Boughera got caught under the ball twice. He's been pretty good for us since he came, doesn't look as solid as Cuellar, especially in the air. Wouldn't surprise me if he fancied Marseille. Big Algerian community there, better weather, football and he's a Marseille fan. Marseille or shit hole Glasgow. :rolleyes:

Same for Mendes. If we drop more points to the smellies then he might fancy a gig with Spurs. I'd take £10 million for the pair of them and buy Berra, a more solid midfielder to partner Davis, a proper, real, official winger and a cushion for Baz's arse while he sits on the bench.

Bougherra was awful yesterday but that was his only really bad game since joining. Overall he's been teriffic - even Cuellar struggled at Tynecastle.

I wouldn't blame Bougherra, Davis, Thomson and Mendes if they all left in the summer. Four players who deserve better than the shite they are currently playing under and alongside.

Bougherra was awful yesterday but that was his only really bad game since joining. Overall he's been teriffic - even Cuellar struggled at Tynecastle.

I wouldn't blame Bougherra, Davis, Thomson and Mendes if they all left in the summer. Four players who deserve better than the shite they are currently playing under and alongside.

In a nutshell (tu)

Bougherra's last three clubs have been Crewe, Sheffield Wednesday & Charlton.

Although Charlton were a Premiership side when he signed for them, thats three run of the mill lower league English sides who can go weeks at a time without winning.

I don't think he is going to want to pack it in on the basis of how we have performed so far this season.

Although Charlton were a Premiership side when he signed for them, thats three run of the mill lower league English sides who can go weeks at a time without winning.

I don't think he is going to want to pack it in on the basis of how we have performed so far this season.

Fair point, but Marseilles weren't wanting him when he was at those 3 sides - with all due respect.

Bougherra cost us two goals yesterday

he can fuck off if he wants

Everyone is due a bad game at some point. He's been fairly consistant through-out the season.

Blame the tactics and team. Not an individual.

Fair point, but Marseilles weren't wanting him when he was at those 3 sides - with all due respect.

There was interest from Real Betis and West Brom.

Obviosuly neither are as glamorous a name as Marseille are, but he must have been tempted to consider eiuther of those moves over us.

We all know first hand how difficult it is to turn down the opportunity to play in The Premiership, albeit for a poor side.

And a move to Seville must have had it's attractions too.

Obviosuly neither are as glamorous a name as Marseille are, but he must have been tempted to consider eiuther of those moves over us.

We all know first hand how difficult it is to turn down the opportunity to play in The Premiership, albeit for a poor side.

I wasn't aware about Seville interest. I wont offend you by asking for a link etc like some would - but I feel there are more to Marsailles interest than meets the eye.

I wasn't aware about Seville interest. I wont offend you by asking for a link etc like some would - but I feel there are more to Marsailles interest than meets the eye.

I'm pretty sure that WBA hijacked Real Betis's move and then we hijacked WBA's move.

Although I think Bougherra enjoys it here, the fact that Marseille are his boyhood club cannot be overlooked.

I'm just hoping that they opt to move for Servet Cetin or the other boy, who's name eludes me, insted.

I've been pretty happy with Bougherra, but it's worth mentioning that if it had McCulloch who had been outjumped twice by Berra resulting in the loss of two goals there would have been an outcry on this board.

He was also at fault for the goal in our other SPL defeat this season BTW.

He's a decent player, but as a defender he is nothing like as good as Cuellar

I think we have to display a little bit of commonsense here.

Consistency is the key to any successful team and we don't have it either individually or collectively, but if i was to name our more consistent performers then Bougherra would certainly be in my top 5 possibly top 3.

As for the original question i think Mendes going would be harsh seeing as how we dragged him from the obscurity of Portsmouth's reserves.

As has already been stated, Marseilles are his boyhood heroes and who would deny a man the right to play for those?

St Mirren? I thought McGregor shouldnt be getting beat from that far out, too far off his line again. Maybe Bougherra could have closed the lad down a bit quicker, but to say it was his fault is a little strange. in my opinion.

I've been pretty happy with Bougherra, but it's worth mentioning that if it had McCulloch who had been outjumped twice by Berra resulting in the loss of two goals there would have been an outcry on this board.

He's a decent player, but as a defender he is nothing like as good as Cuellar

Very good point about McCulloch

Bougherra cost us two goals yesterday

he can fuck off if he wants

Jeesus I dont believe the crap some so called Gers Fans come out with, ok he might have been a fault for one of the goals, he has played great in all the games so far this season. We want to build a team round Bougherra. There's quite a few well ahead of Bougherra that should F*** off as you say

Get a grip of yirsell

Bougherra has been good for us overall, he's just not consistent enough. To be fair to Bougherra, he has only been playing Scottish Football for a good 4 months, he's still getting used to it and it's not made any easier when you're playing along side a 38 year old guy and a dodgy rightback.

Pedro Mendes it's the same case scenario, he started off well but fades in and out games and became inconsistent.

pedro is struggling because barry disapeared up his own arse again ,he has been fn awful since he came back into the side ,and to be honest walter will never drop him and every single player in the squad know it too.pedro is being asked to play to deep and is struggling to understand fergusons movement . what did he actually do yesterday.and broadfoot ,has anyone got a gun.