Broadfoot again

jimmckinlay

Fucks sake you lot. Day after day this board is filled with "that dinosaur Smith will never let youth through blah blah blah". We've got a young defender coming through and all he gets is pelters!

ALAN HUTTON anyone?

the only reason walter lets broadfoot play is because he signed him. what about all the other young players, why wil he not give them a chance and by the way walter is like me a dinosaur and should never have been brought back.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucks sake you lot. Day after day this board is filled with "that dinosaur Smith will never let youth through blah blah blah". We've got a young defender coming through and all he gets is pelters!

ALAN HUTTON anyone?

Alan Hutton was a good youngster before he broke his leg - Broadfoot has always been mediocre. A trier just does not do it for me.

He's good enough for RB until a better player comes along.

The better player wont come along mate beacuse Walter Smith probably thinks he's done enough to earn the right back slot and make it his own, so it wont be a priority.

It isn't priority a replacement for Weir at the end of the season and a decent left winger(maybe aaron) are much more needed.

The better player wont come along mate beacuse Walter Smith probably thinks he's done enough to earn the right back slot and make it his own, so it wont be a priority.

It isn't priority a replacement for Weir at the end of the season and a decent left winger(maybe aaron) are much more needed.

Webster and Naismith could take care of that? if they stay injury free.

Come the summer the priority will be a number of positions - with so many crap players and players out of contract we'll be needing to rebuild the squad for the 6 or 7th season on the trot!

We seem to be the only team that has to rebuild every season.

Webster can't even get a game for Bristol City and Naismith is a striker that's wasted out on the wing.

I'd rather have Weir than Webster - once again he's injured and Naismith isn't really a left winger.

Webster can't even get a game for Bristol City and Naismith is a striker that's wasted out on the wing.

If Webster has flopped down south then fair does. I didnt know how he was getting on.

Naismith, even though he's a striker, does a job on the wing. He done enough there last season to prove that to me. I wouldnt drop Boyd or Miller for him.

Broadfoot isn't a youngster any more, so we can discount that straight away.

He's just so average and that's reflected throughout the side. He's doing 'a job', but it disgusts and saddens me in equal measures that so many fans are willing to accept players that 'do a job', instead of demanding that the club find players that excel in their positions.

It appears that he's keeping his place because he's not done anything that wrong yet instead of it being based on the fact that he's doing lots of things right in every game. Like many of our players, the amount of basic mistakes he makes in every game is very worrying, but he's lucky in as much as he's not been directly punished for one yet.

I would drop a fit Naismith for Boyd any day. Naismith has shown that he can score goals and do the other work needed to be a good striker.

I would tend to agree with you, but since Boyd told Scotland to stick it, his overall game has got better. It was a clean slate and I think he's doing well just now.

Broadfoot was one of our better performers against Hearts, so why start yet another thread about him? <cr>

He's the only half-decent right-back we have at the moment so he shouldn't and won't be dropped. Like others I hope we bring someone better in soon, but there are other positions where the need is more urgent. If we're going to persist without wingers then an attacking left-back has to be one of them.

He at least tries his best unlike others.

You need to be more than that to play for Rangers.

Yes I agree, but my point was that he DOES try - unlike some other lazy bassas.

Depends what you think constitutes a 'trier'.

Buffel didn't get a look in under Smith because he didn't get back and defend - Only Walter Smith would ignore a natural attacker because he didn't defend.

I'd rather Broadfoot defended and gave the ball to the good players. The sight of him galloping ungainly into opposition territory fills me when dread, especially when a percentage of his runs are ended by him fumbling over the ball, wastefully gifting possession back to the oppo or going down like a sack of tatties for a freekick.

He's probably the worst diver I've ever seen :lol:

Buffel didn't get a look in under Smith because he didn't get back and defend - Only Walter Smith would ignore a natural attacker because he didn't defend.

I'd rather Broadfoot defended and gave the ball to the good players. The sight of him galloping ungainly into opposition territory fills me when dread, especially when a percentage of his runs are ended by him fumbling over the ball, wastefully gifting possession back to the oppo or going down like a sack of tatties for a freekick.

How untrue! tut tut disappointed mate

A major slating by fans, including yourself, of players such as Boyd, Lovenkrands, Burke etc etc was that, they didnt track back, defend and help out!

I take it that viewpoint is acceptable unless Smith says it? Pretty much sums up the attitude of a lot of fans/posters these days

How untrue! tut tut disappointed mate

A major slating by fans, including yourself, of players such as Boyd, Lovenkrands, Burke etc etc was that, they didnt track back, defend and help out!

I take it that viewpoint is acceptable unless Smith says it? Pretty much sums up the attitude of a lot of fans/posters these days

I don't think you'll ever find me slating Kris Boyd for not defending.