Radio programme on rangers

BallochBear

Anyone know who this guy is ?

I'm not saying this is the case, but who's to know what the hell this guys beleives in or that he is a Rangers fan at all, by not being a representative of either the RST, RSA, NARSA etc etc how can this meeting have any credibility at all, don't get me wrong I hope he gives a good account of the Rangers support but we are hardly being represented here by anyone officially connected to the Rangers support.

Surely he isn't going to describe himself as 'such as such' - member of Rangers Media, a fans message board ?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sceptical to say the least. This program 'The World Tonight' doesn't look the type that would pander to a topic like 'what it means to be a bear in 2008'.

The topics are usually quite highbrow.

10 years of Hugo Chavez

Obama victory special

Afghanistan Special

Gabriel Gatehouse in Belarus

September 11th Special

What it means to be a bear in 2008

The last one looks out of place doesn't it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/worldtonight/

When will this meeting take place and when will it be aired BB ?

The meeting is tonight and the programme is due to be aired on 27th this month, it's a programme called "The World Tonight" on radio 4

:unionflag:

Convenient isn't it ?

I'm sorry but the more I think about this the more worrying it becomes.

Guy that nobody can vouch for and isn't affiliated with any Rangers group/body offers us a chance to meet Spiers face to face and is told that not one of us is interested in the slightest.

Then on the day of said meeting he starts a thread stating he will take part. We also find out that this will go to a nation wide audience. Were any of the governing bodies that represent the Rangers support invited to this, if not, why not ?

Who is this guy ?

What exactly will be discussed here ?

I'm sorry but the more I think about this the more worrying it becomes.

Guy that nobody can vouch for and isn't affiliated with any Rangers group/body offers us a chance to meet Spiers face to face and is told that not one of us is interested in the slightest.

Then on the day of said meeting he starts a thread stating he will take part. We also find out that this will go to a nation wide audience. Were any of the governing bodies that represent the Rangers support invited to this, if not, why not ?

Who is this guy ?

What exactly will be discussed here ?

I was thinking that myself.

At worst it could have been a set up for a beating, but more likely he was asking on behalf of Spiers as he pretty much admitted.

It doesn't seem a typical "World at Night" topic but it's not impossible given recent press, but the choice of Spiers is concerning.

I'm going to contact the production team to verify this. Hopefully, if we're not represented, they'll accept a statement from us about why why we didn't attend. With more than two weeks to go before it airs, if it's real and few Bears turned up, then we may get a better voice than we would have, had we attended.

Hi guys, just back from the recording with GS & BBC, we covered a wide range of subjects which I'll go into more detail on tomorrow but here is some early info on the actual programme.

It will be aired on Boxing day not the 27th.

I will get a copy of the session but not before it is aired due to copyright issues.

It will probably be available to download after it is aired.

Celtic supporters will be contributing in a vox pop style being asked questions before and after the match tomorrow so let's hope they get humped again.

There is a possibility the entire session will be aired in a separate dedicated programme.

There is a follow up programme which is scheduled for 27th with a representative from the Church of Scotland and RC church to discuss the issues raised.

In summary the format was GS stating his position and getting our reaction.

Some of the topics covered were, in no particular order

The Famine Song

The media attitude to RFC

Sectarianism

Plastic paddyism

Being British & proud to be so.

Celtics support for terrorist organisations.

Their Irishness

The songs/chants of other teams.

While this is not exclusive it covers most of the discussion, I will be more specific tomorrow when i've more battery power.

:rangers: :unionflag: :rangers:

Pretty clear from the topics covered and who will be interviewed in the follow-up programme it's going to be about 'Scotland's secret shame' and the cultural differences between Rangers and Celtic supporters.

It's now all up to the editing team of the BBC whether or not it's a hatchet job.

Pretty clear from the topics covered and who will be interviewed in the follow-up programme it's going to be about 'Scotland's secret shame' and the cultural differences between Rangers and Celtic supporters.

It's now all up to the editing team of the BBC whether or not it's a hatchet job.

Spiers is involved, and no disrespect to BallochBear but he associated with him before he even logged on here.

Issues we have been dragged through the mud over and neither the RSA or the RST was invited to participate.

The 1st I (I think all of us) heard it would be aired to a nation wide audience was today, hours before this meeting took place.

I fear the worst here.

Spiers is involved, and no disrespect to BallochBear but he associated with him before he even logged on here.

Issues we have been dragged through the mud over and neither the RSA or the RST was invited to participate.

The 1st I (I think all of us) heard it would be aired to a nation wide audience was today, hours before this meeting took place.

I fear the worst here.

Jiminez,

I actually made the original post asking for people to attend on the 1st Dec., and I did ask David Edgar to get involved and spoke with Mark Dingwall, both declined.

For info, copy of my original post from last week.

"The BBC is having a special programme on the Old Firm that will be broadcast on Radio 4 on27th Dec.

Our best mate Graham Spiers has a 15/20 minute slot which he wants to devote to Rangers and the support, and he wants to sit round with 4-6 of us, (he also wants to include some guys from FF as well) over a pint and debate frankly his views and our grievances with our current coverage in the media. The BBC are sending up a team from London next week Mon – Weds to record the segment for the programme.

He has suggested next Mon or Tuesday nights as being the best option.

While I know many of you have issues with GS, if we body swerve this he will go simply go somewhere else as he has to produce a section for the programme.

Anyone interested please PM me."

:unionflag: :rangers:

In summary the format was GS stating his position and getting our reaction.

BB,

Can you elaborate on this statement.

His position on what?

He knows he is diametrically opposed to us(the club and support) on many issues especially bigotry and sectarianism so he started with them.

:rangers:

Edgar and co were right to decline, as was everyone on here. Though it has left us with a situation where one individual (let's be honest BallochBear) we know nothing about speaking on behalf of a vast support (hardly ideal).

I really wish you hadn't went through with this. As far as I'm concerned Spiers had no where else to go. You have gave him an opportunity to further demonize the Rangers support. Of course I hope you gave a good account of the Rangers support but I have a very bad feeling about this.

How exactly did you know this odious piece of shit ?

And before going in to a detailed summary tomorrow, can you give a brief understanding of how it went. Do you feel from your statements that we will appear in a good light ?