Radio programme on rangers

BallochBear

Did you ask him why he has this jaundiced view of Rangers' history and why we believes that we have a greater sectarian issue. I have a truck with a man that cannot back up his claims nor his viewpoint, because sadly he does get national airing regularly and says a lot of things without in my opinion backing up his loud proclamations.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're unhappy with the editing and perspective of the piece....

Comments about BBC Network Radio

Friday 1.30-2.00pm, repeated Sunday 8.00-8.30pm

Feedback will be back on Friday 30 January.

In the meantime please keep sending us your correspondence about BBC radio. We promise that it will still be read.

Contact us:

Feedback PO Box 2100

London W1A 1QT

Phone: 03 333 444 544

or email: feedback@bbc.co.uk

In the meantime please keep sending us your correspondence about BBC radio. We promise that it will still be read.

Contact us:

Feedback PO Box 2100

London W1A 1QT

One assumes you are expecting a hatchet job Oleg!

Did you ask him why he has this jaundiced view of Rangers' history and why we believes that we have a greater sectarian issue. I have a truck with a man that cannot back up his claims nor his viewpoint, because sadly he does get national airing regularly and says a lot of things without in my opinion backing up his loud proclamations.

Yes it was discussed; he is tendentious in his views on sectarianism and claims this stance is accuarate as he has privliedged access as a member of the press to the club.

He would back his position mainly from empirical data that must by definition be suspect in 2008 due to the excellent work done in recent years by both the club and support.

I have met him before and we talk regularly and to be honest he does come across rather curmudgeonly in respect of RFC and us the support.

:rangers: :unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag: :rangers:

Right own up, who all had to google the word 'curmudgeonly' ? :D

certainly had to look it up to get the phonetics to see how to pronounce it! I think in this context it means old, bitter and bigoted - but that was not the definition I looked up! :lol:

Guest Andypendek

I think 'curmudgeonly' fails miserably to adequately convey the depth of his ignorance and venality on the subject. This is not some old duffer refusing to move with the times, or a grumpy old man bumping his gums at the bar-rail. This is a fellow who, I am forced to conclude, is using the issue of sectarianism to drive is career.

Rather than attempt constructive work to remedy this (all too real) problem, this chap ignores the entire world experience of the Irish diaspora, ignores the effect of the unhappy recent history of Northern Ireland, ignores the effect religious interference in a secular society has, ignores the chronic levels of stupidity in our culture, and lumps the blame for this problem at the only door which will guarantee business comes his way - Rangers FC.

I do try to take a balanced view, usually, and I see no advantage in joining in the petty name calling that your pal constantly receives. However, as one who has thoroughly enjoyed his writing this last decade, I have to say I'd have little hesitation in telling him to get to fuck if I ever saw him. Does he think people will blithely accept being labelled animals, poison, etc? Does he imagine he can fling abuse around willy-nilly and there will be no reckoning?

I don't treat Rangers as my be all and end all, and I know it's place in the grand scheme of things. It's a shame your morally corrupt and thoroughly nasty piece of work friend can't do the same.

Contact us:

Feedback PO Box 2100

London W1A 1QT

One assumes you are expecting a hatchet job Oleg!

I await it with some large element of cynicism.

Aye Ready, is the motto.

Credit to you BB.

One question ,was the BJK chant brought up & how did

it go?.

The reason I ask,in an article in the Record, Steins understudy,

Sean Fallon told us that when `Big Jock Knew' he sacked Torbett.

No he never called in the police,he sacked him,allowing him to

carry on his perversion elsewhere.

All in the name of Celtic Football Club.

Credit to you BB.

One question ,was the BJK chant brought up & how did

it go?.

The reason I ask,in an article in the Record, Steins understudy,

Sean Fallon told us that when `Big Jock Knew' he sacked Torbett.

No he never called in the police,he sacked him,allowing him to

carry on his perversion elsewhere.

All in the name of Celtic Football Club.

I really don't think it did, we had a time limit and my guess is that one probably didn't make it within the time frame.