Radio programme on rangers

BallochBear

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, you with the opinions but no b@lls, if you have genuine points to make to Spiers/BBC why not join us tonight, I can still fit in a couple more, PM me if interested for details.

:rangers:

Let's wait one minute here BB. :rolleyes:

I have plenty of valid opinions on Rangers and on Graham Spiers. However, I also have work commitments, family commitments and geography/finance issues to take into account when it comes to consider a meeting with a man who has been proven many times to be a liar and a Rangers hater.

As such, for those reasons, myself and others have decided not to take the matter further via this 'meeting' as we don't see the need for increasing the exposure of this journalist.

It's nothing to do with a lack of courage or balls. It's called self-respect.

Your attitude towards your fellow bears is extremely disappointing. Your last post was condescending, arrogant and completely uncalled for. With respect, I suggest you think carefully before posting something similar or your own reputation may soon match that of your new friend.

Good luck for the meeting. I look forward to Spiers having the self-respect to answer the very fair questions I posted earlier. I won't hold my breath though.

... pot and kettle - both black. BB is right to meet spears and also right to have a go at all those who are mouthing of against him doing so. As for all the name calling in this post its hardly dignified and probably best you cant attend. I particularily like the fact that you threaten him by somehow calling his reputation into question just cause he has ruffled your feathers. Perhaps you need to think more carefully before posting!

... pot and kettle - both black. BB is right to meet spears and also right to have a go at all those who are mouthing of against him doing so. As for all the name calling in this post its hardly dignified and probably best you cant attend. I particularily like the fact that you threaten him by somehow calling his reputation into question just cause he has ruffled your feathers. Perhaps you need to think more carefully before posting!

I called him names and threatened him? :D :D

I merely explained my wholly valid reasons why I personally chose not to attend given the condescending nature of BB's earlier post. I also said that similar posts would only result in other fans questioning his tone (and thus his intentions) as well.

I then went on to wish him good luck for the meeting.

How utterly terrible of me. I really must be more careful.

OK guys, perhaps my comment about the lack of substance in the testicular area was a bit over the top, but I stand by my comments sentiments in that many on here are happy to openly criticise GS and the BBC but are reticent about actually speaking with him face to face without it getting out of control or assaulting him. While I acknowledge that many bears will be working or in a location that makes it difficult if not impossible to attend, I can’t believe there aren’t many who could make it if they really wanted too. I am not trying to hold myself up as a spokesperson for the Rangers support but do want to get my views aired, that’s why I am meeting him for this piece.

:rangers::rangers::rangers:

OK guys, perhaps my comment about the lack of substance in the testicular area was a bit over the top, but I stand by my comments sentiments in that many on here are happy to openly criticise GS and the BBC but are reticent about actually speaking with him face to face without it getting out of control or assaulting him. While I acknowledge that many bears will be working or in a location that makes it difficult if not impossible to attend, I can’t believe there aren’t many who could make it if they really wanted too. I am not trying to hold myself up as a spokesperson for the Rangers support but do want to get my views aired, that’s why I am meeting him for this piece.

Answered ta.

when u reporting back on here, any chance you could slyley record it yourself, least you can check for edits and possibly post it to this site, or, erm me.

I hope to give a summary of the discussion ASAP, probably tomorrow, I am also hoping to get a copy of the discussion and if I can I will get it on here as well.

Probably best if I discuss it with the other participants before posting to ensure an as accurate as possible resume of events.

I don't think anybody seriously wants to assault him, so why you'd assume that they were talking literally, I'll never know.

Now that Spiers is with an insignificant Scottish edition of an admittedly reputable English paper, he's not as important as when he was with one of Scotland's leading Broadsheets.

It's easy enough to run a coach and horses through his claims over the years, because he contradicts himself so frequently. You only need his quotes, and they're abundant online.

Also, the format isn't suitable to execute the demolition work that could be done, simply using his own words. All the tims would just shout you down, defending their pretentiously verbose icon.

u gonna mention the non-coverage or lack of discussions regarding a walk out protest at selic park. in defiance and wholly disrespectful to many men dying and fighting for the same cause.

What are his views on this matter?

when u reporting back on here, any chance you could slyley record it yourself, least you can check for edits and possibly post it to this site, or, erm me.

I hope to give a summary of the discussion ASAP, probably tomorrow, I am also hoping to get a copy of the discussion and if I can I will get it on here as well.

Probably best if I discuss it with the other participants before posting to ensure an as accurate as possible resume of events.

Checking with Graham?

Checking with Graham?

No need isn't that me afterall?

:mutley:

All the best for tonight BB. Keep your wits about you, and show him that the majority of Rangers fans can behave with dignity and good sense. (tu)

Thanks bud, I'll do my best to portray all of us as fair minded peace loving individuals who only want the best for our club and not a bunch of knuckle dragging white underclass he has claimed some of us to be.

:rangers: :unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag: :rangers:

Well I'm leaving soon for the GS discussion, if I don't return it's been nice knowing you......................so once more into the breach or is it beach?, na not in Glasgow anyway, hope he buys the drinks.

:rolleyes:

Samuel Butler, the Younger - “The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.”

This is foolhardy at best, but I will take this opportunity to wish you luck.