Radio programme on rangers

BallochBear

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to you BB.

You seem an honest fan who is willing to raise his voice.

And it is always good to see someone able to keep their sense of humour about them even when being criticised etc like you do.

However, like some others, I would be wary of how your honesty is presented by that "rogue."

I wouldn't trust him at all.

“Every honest man will suppose honest acts to flow from honest principles, and the rogues may rail without intermission.”

Thomas Jefferson

Anyway, again, fair play to you, all the best.

When's it on? Tonight?

Boxing Day apparently...

I think it's scheduled for 20:00 or 21:00 on boxing day, as sooon as I know I'll post it anyway.

:unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag:

Did anyone put it to him that he personally was a major source of bias against us?

If so, did he respond and how?

When's it on? Tonight?

Boxing Day apparently...

I think it's scheduled for 20:00 or 21:00 on boxing day, as sooon as I know I'll post it anyway.

Did anyone put it to him that he personally was a major source of bias against us?

Yes, and he accepted he was, so no arguments there then!

BB sounds like you and your fellow supporters did a good job. If he edits it OK should be OK - I have to say I admire the fact that you took the debate to him, rather than hiding behing the forum to expound your views and I am sure, that while Spiers will view the discussion from a Celttic POV you at least have given him food for thought and even if he doesn't agree with you if the program is half decent then the very least that will happen is you have put across a viewpoint that many bears subscribe to and the audience can begin to understand that.

No matter how it turns out well done with putting up with all the shit you got on here and engaging the 'enemy'. (End of arse licking!!)

It will be interesting to hear the program and how those who were critical of you on here react!

When's it on? Tonight?

Boxing Day apparently...

Yes, and he accepted he was, so no arguments there then!

He actually admitted he was biased? :ohmy:

BB sounds like you and your fellow supporters did a good job. If he edits it OK should be OK - I have to say I admire the fact that you took the debate to him, rather than hiding behing the forum to expound your views and I am sure, that while Spiers will view the discussion from a Celttic POV you at least have given him food for thought and even if he doesn't agree with you if the program is half decent then the very least that will happen is you have put across a viewpoint that many bears subscribe to and the audience can begin to understand that.

No matter how it turns out well done with putting up with all the shit you got on here and engaging the 'enemy'. (End of arse licking!!)

It will be interesting to hear the program and how those who were critical of you on here react!

doh

Oh dear.

You just don't get it, or choose not to.

There were those on here who were critical of the idea of Balloch Bear meeting Graham Speirs.

Likewise, there were many who were critical of the idea of George Galloway meeting Saddam Hussein.

I personally was critical of both - though it would appear that Balloch Bear has conducted himself in less of an ingratiating way than George Galloway did.

More than that it is hard to say.

:rolleyes:

Note: in all seriousness - if Speirs openly admits he is a source of much bias against Rangers then I fail to see what good can come of any meeting with him - how can you reason with someone who admits to not being impartial / unprejudiced where we are concerned - he has a prejudged perspective - it is valid and not unfair to have this negative opinion about the proposed meeting - even if BP9 looks forward to seeing how us critics react!

Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective. The term biased is used to describe an action, judgment, or other outcome influenced by a prejudged perspective

Anyway, back to last night:

BB: "Britney, allow me to salute your odour, pink power and camp indefatigability."

Morning all, thanks for the reams of support. :rolleyes:

I've penned some more indicative comments on last night which you can all peruse and no doubt many of you will respond to, so please before ordering my knee capping be assured my intentions are honest and true, and I have no hiddeen agenda.

Firstly let me make it clear that in no way did we claim to be spokespeople for Rangers, Rangers supporters, or any supporters body, we are simply fans who support our club, and were invited to take part, and have opinions on how we are treated/perceived by the world outdoors.

TFS,

Discussed at length with GS being completely opposed to this song, we strongly defended our position stating it was a wind up aimed at plastic paddies, not at Celtic fans in general or catholics or indeed the Irish. Also said we respect their heritage as we do with other clubs but they alone continually throw it in others faces so they have in many ways orchestrated the reaction against them, used the example of Hibs, similar background but totally assimilated into Scotland In summary, asked why if they are so anti-British and they hate our country so much then why do they continue to live here. Also mentioned the contradiction of them being an Irish club when it suits them but remind everyone of being British in ‘67

Sectarianism

GS claims we have been very slow to act on this and Celtic are ahead of us We disagreed strongly and took the attitude that while they may have begun their process before us, in recent years we have done far more than them and we are now in fact ahead of where they are. Also discussed why there are other clubs with a far greater level of problem than us with particular mention of those that support murdering terrorist organisations, and in fact Rangers should be applauded for the work done recently and not be the whipping boys. Discussed the signing of MoJo, how SDM broke down the protestant only policy(if it ever really did exist), and how we were not fouded on religious grounds unlike some others.

Being Brittish

Made no apology for being a Scottish & British club, why should we be ashamed of our roots and Britishness, we are British and proud of it. We appear to be the only country where being the indigenous population is seen as bad.

The media

Suggested we get a very hard time from the media in general, asked why every single move we make or song we sing is analysed to death when others can sing about issues such as the Ibrox disaster, make fun of the less able bodied, support the PIRA etc. Also raised why the poppy fiasco went relatively uncovered and has since disappeared into the ether.

Irishness(excluding Ulster of course)

Discussed their love of Ireland and all things Irish, our contention was that they have played the green card to their own benefit for financial reasons and will continue to do so, allowing displays of the Tricolour and Irish music and tradition to take over the club.

Being a Bear/Rangers tradition

Discussed what being a bear meant, how important it is to so many, why the Rangers tradition was important and why it remains so, and why we should not be ashamed of it.

Posed the question why they can celebrate their heritage but we get slaughtered for supporting ours.

It’s really now down to the editing team to cut it how they see fit but there is a chance it may go out pretty much unedited, I will let you know as soon as I do.

I’ll talk with my fellow(Bluenose) contributors later today and if there is anything missed I can add it later.

Better get some work done now.

:rangers::rangers::rangers: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

I'm happy with that, I'm sorry for questioning your motives but surely you can see where I come from ?

Spiers and the BBC are not to be trusted, especially the former. We should have nothing to do with the poisinous cretin IMO, and it was worrying that no one seems to know who you are and that you were already in contect with Spiers.

I wont hold out for a favouable outcome, Spiers has made his feelings quite clear in the past on these issues already.

There were those on here who were critical of the idea of Balloch Bear meeting Graham Speirs.

Likewise, there were many who were critical of the idea of George Galloway meeting Saddam Hussein.

I personally was critical of both - though it would appear that Balloch Bear has conducted himself in less of an ingratiating way than George Galloway did.

Note: in all seriousness - if Speirs openly admits he is a source of much bias against Rangers then I fail to see what good can come of any meeting with him - how can you reason with someone who admits to not being impartial / unprejudiced where we are concerned - he has a prejudged perspective - it is valid and not unfair to have this negative opinion about the proposed meeting - even if BP9 looks forward to seeing how us critics react!

Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective. The term biased is used to describe an action, judgment, or other outcome influenced by a prejudged perspective

BB: "Britney, allow me to salute your odour, pink power and camp indefatigability."

:lol:

(tu)

Actually, he was as one would expect, tendentious, and yes he is indefatigable, but there was no discenable odour or pandering to pink power, but maybe that was because he had a bit of London BBC tottie with him.

:harhar:

All things being equal, it sounds a decent debate but alas with the BBC, Spiers and Rangers all things are not equal.

I fear,like a lot of other posters, that the interview will be strongly edited in favour of Sreirs' view.

I hope I'm wrong as this could be good listening, but the cynical side of me still thinks it was wrong to speak with this person.

Hopefully the upcoming protest at the BBC HQ will put pressure on them to show equality in this broadcast.

I've penned some more indicative comments on last night which you can all peruse and no doubt many of you will respond to, so please before ordering my knee capping be assured my intentions are honest and true, and I have no hiddeen agenda.

Firstly let me make it clear that in no way did we claim to be spokespeople for Rangers, Rangers supporters, or any supporters body, we are simply fans who support our club, and were invited to take part, and have opinions on how we are treated/perceived by the world outdoors.

TFS,

Discussed at length with GS being completely opposed to this song, we strongly defended our position stating it was a wind up aimed at plastic paddies, not at Celtic fans in general or catholics or indeed the Irish. Also said we respect their heritage as we do with other clubs but they alone continually throw it in others faces so they have in many ways orchestrated the reaction against them, used the example of Hibs, similar background but totally assimilated into Scotland In summary, asked why if they are so anti-British and they hate our country so much then why do they continue to live here. Also mentioned the contradiction of them being an Irish club when it suits them but remind everyone of being British in ‘67

Sectarianism

GS claims we have been very slow to act on this and Celtic are ahead of us We disagreed strongly and took the attitude that while they may have begun their process before us, in recent years we have done far more than them and we are now in fact ahead of where they are. Also discussed why there are other clubs with a far greater level of problem than us with particular mention of those that support murdering terrorist organisations, and in fact Rangers should be applauded for the work done recently and not be the whipping boys. Discussed the signing of MoJo, how SDM broke down the protestant only policy(if it ever really did exist), and how we were not fouded on religious grounds unlike some others.

Being Brittish

Made no apology for being a Scottish & British club, why should we be ashamed of our roots and Britishness, we are British and proud of it. We appear to be the only country where being the indigenous population is seen as bad.

The media

Suggested we get a very hard time from the media in general, asked why every single move we make or song we sing is analysed to death when others can sing about issues such as the Ibrox disaster, make fun of the less able bodied, support the PIRA etc. Also raised why the poppy fiasco went relatively uncovered and has since disappeared into the ether.

Discussed their love of Ireland and all things Irish, our contention was that they have played the green card to their own benefit for financial reasons and will continue to do so, allowing displays of the Tricolour and Irish music and tradition to take over the club.

Discussed what being a bear meant, how important it is to so many, why the Rangers tradition was important and why it remains so, and why we should not be ashamed of it.

Posed the question why they can celebrate their heritage but we get slaughtered for supporting ours.

It’s really now down to the editing team to cut it how they see fit but there is a chance it may go out pretty much unedited, I will let you know as soon as I do.

I’ll talk with my fellow(Bluenose) contributors later today and if there is anything missed I can add it later.

I'm happy with that, I'm sorry for questioning your motives but surely you can see where I come from ?

Spiers and the BBC are not to be trusted, especially the former. We should have nothing to do with the poisinous cretin IMO, and it was worrying that no one seems to know who you are and that you were already in contect with Spiers.

I wont hold out for a favouable outcome, Spiers has made his feelings quite clear in the past on these issues already.

I do totally understand your concerns but as Frankie said my motives are honest, and as I said if we hadn't gone along how would he have painted us as a support, at least this way I was able to have my say, how the BBC now edit or air the programme is beyond my/our control, so like you I await the broadcast with some interest.

Frankie has my details and some background if anyone has any concerns, perhaps if you ask, he may be prepared to share some info with you.

:rangers:

surely on evidence of what is written above, can i assume that you have taken word by word notes, preferably a recording to prevent the highly likely outcome of an edited discussion, i for one and certainly with an issue as heated as the one we are discussing, not to mention who with, if i were spiers i would have to be honest as i couldnt air different to my notes, this would surely make a mockery of him, a laughing stock, do you have minutes taken down for all to see

surely on evidence of what is written above, can i assume that you have taken word by word notes, preferably a recording to prevent the highly likely outcome of an edited discussion, i for one and certainly with an issue as heated as the one we are discussing, not to mention who with, if i were spiers i would have to be honest as i couldnt air different to my notes, this would surely make a mockery of him, a laughing stock, do you have minutes taken down for all to see

?????????????????????????

I've just spoken to a member of the World Tonight team.

I told him that we were offered the opportunity to attend last night, but rejected it, due Spier's presence and his previous articles.

I also suggested that we could offer him a more direct representation of the Rangers support, uninfluenced by Spiers' presence and gave him my contact details, as well as the URL of our site.

TFS,

Sectarianism

Being Brittish

The media

One final point. Could you get back to Spiers and ask him how/why exactly he got together with the BBC ?