** Juande Ramos New Real Madrid Manager **

CF5LOYAL

It's no real surprise I guess that he's deemed a better manager in Spain. He's more familiar with the players/style of play and doesn't have any of the language problems which would inevitably have had an effect on his time at Spurs. Management is 50% ideas and 50% communication so you're fighting a losing battle before you've started if you struggle to speak the language.

I dont think there is any doubting that he is a class manager. Things just didnt work out for him at Spurs. If we were told we were getting him before the Spurs debacle we would have been delighted.

Did Celtic not think they were getting him at one point?? :mutley:

I dont think there is any doubting that he is a class manager. Things just didnt work out for him at Spurs. If we were told we were getting him before the Spurs debacle we would have been delighted.

:mutley: McGhees about all they are gonna get if Chesney heads south

:mutley: McGhees about all they are gonna get if Chesney heads south

I think it was before he took over. While Ramos was at their "friend" Sevilla

Well, his first test(s) as boss couldn't be tougher. Firstly he's got a Zenit side who will be fighting for their lives at the Bernabeu and then there's the small matter of El Clasico.

Schuster pretty much invited his sacking after his disgusting comments about the forthcoming derby. Raul slated him in the press yesterday morning (and when Raul slates you your time is well and truly up) and Calderon called an emergency meeting with him, asking him to explain himself. His comments were an attempt to flush out the club, a truly despicable act.

Whilst many will put his plight down to Calderon and Mijatovic's crazy summer pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo, it was Schuster who lost the dressing room with his baffling interviews and it was Schuster who persisted with that deformed formation. He played his part in the clubs downfall, make no mistake.

It'll be interesting to see how Ramos does in January. At Sevilla he enjoyed a close relationship with dof Ramon Monchi and chairman Jose Antonio Del Nido, two people that are absolutely phenomenal at what they do. Mijatovic and Calderon couldn't be more different than those two if they tried.

Well, his first test(s) as boss couldn't be tougher. Firstly he's got a Zenit side who will be fighting for their lives at the Bernabeu and then there's the small matter of El Clasico.

Schuster pretty much invited his sacking after his disgusting comments about the forthcoming derby. Raul slated him in the press yesterday morning (and when Raul slates you your time is well and truly up) and Calderon called an emergency meeting with him, asking him to explain himself. His comments were an attempt to flush out the club, a truly despicable act.

Whilst many will put his plight down to Calderon and Mijatovic's crazy summer pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo, it was Schuster who lost the dressing room with his baffling interviews and it was Schuster who persisted with that deformed formation. He played his part in the clubs downfall, make no mistake.

It'll be interesting to see how Ramos does in January. At Sevilla he enjoyed a close relationship with dof Ramon Monchi and chairman Jose Antonio Del Nido, two people that are absolutely phenomenal at what they do. Mijatovic and Calderon couldn't be more different than those two if they tried.

Very informative, I enjoyed reading that. Thanks

Agreed and i think that Ramos will do well at the Bernabeu!

Who do you think, if anyone, will come and go in January...

Ramos is known for his liking of wingers something that Real doesnt really have outside of Robben...

Who else is following Schuster out the door?

What I find slightly interesting is that he has only been given a contract until the end of the season.

You know how many managers Real go through and how VERY little time they are given. If it goes well i think he will be offered a proper contract and if not some other guy will be given a few games to work miracles

What I find slightly interesting is that he has only been given a contract until the end of the season.

im not 100% on this but i thought in spain when a manager was sacked they werent allowed to appoint a new manager only an interim guy till end of the current campaign