Kirk Broadfoot

stuartm

He had a very good game today and marked his man properly at set pieces. (The same can't be said about his CB partner Weir)

It used to be a worry of mine about how slow Broadfoot was at running but he seems to be speeding up a little and was never caught for pace today imo.

From todays performance at CB I think Bougherra and Broadfoot is our best pairing at the back and Weir should be dropped asap.

Opinions?

Good point. Kirk looked full of confidence even when we lost the 2 goals. He mopped the majority of high balls up and must be pushing for a start at CB, Weir is looking very groggy at the moment. We need backup in defence big time - really only Christian Dailly and Lee McCulloch and both aren't defenders.

He had a very good game today and marked his man properly at set pieces. (The same can't be said about his CB partner Weir)

It used to be a worry of mine about how slow Broadfoot was at running but he seems to be speeding up a little and was never caught for pace today imo.

From todays performance at CB I think Bougherra and Broadfoot is our best pairing at the back and Weir should be dropped asap.

Opinions?

(tu) Cant really fault him today, and, he is one of the few

Then again, he is unpopular because Smith bought him, and, well, he isnt very cool is he?

He is brutal.

Not good enough to be a Rangers player!

Wise up ya trumpet.

No composure on the ball, poor first touch and cant pass it.

But hey, he works his socks off. Apparently that's good enough for most people on here.

He is brutal.

Wise up ya trumpet.

No composure on the ball, poor first touch and cant pass it.

But hey, he works his socks off. Apparently that's good enough for most people on here.

Did you actually watch the game? Or do you just have a fair few players you dont like and slate them regardless of performances? A lot of others do, so, am not surprised.

What did he do wrong today then? apart from cover for both Weir and Whittaker while doing his job properly at the same time?

He is brutal.

Brutal ?:unsure:<cr>

I will translate mate

Scottish + Signed by Smith = Brutal

hope that clears it up for you (tu)

That's alot of rubbish. Thomson and Naismith are fans favourites and they were both signed by Smith.

Players are judged on the job they do and not who signed them etc.

He is brutal.

I will translate mate

Your'e no mate of mine,translate that. Ya Clown. <cr>

:rolleyes: was that a serious reply to a non serious answer? dear oh dear

And, in that case, god, I am so crushed, how will I ever cope?

He is brutal.

I will translate mate

That's alot of rubbish. Thomson and Naismith are fans favourites and they were both signed by Smith.

Players are judged on the job they do and not who signed them etc.

Would be nice if true, but its not, players are judged on both, and, not always fairly. "another of smiths duff signings" etc type of thing gets bandied about. Plus, the poster seems to have a dislike for all things smith related, and, the players signed from the SPL in general, so, valid comment. Brutalcould not describe Kirk today, he was our best defender by a mile

Thomson is only a fans favourite recentl, and, especially now he is missing, because we can see that what he brings to the side is badly missing.

Broadfoot does not get judged purely on his performances, neither does Ferguson or Adam. Boab is completely non-objective about McCulloch for whatever reason, and, on the flip side, Mendes was below par, Davis was rubbish, yet, all the negative comments have been aimed at Broadfoot, Ferguson and McCulloch so, I will disagree on that bit

He is brutal.

I will translate mate

Your'e no mate of mine,translate that. Ya Clown. <cr>

:rolleyes: was that a serious reply to a non serious answer? dear oh dear

There should be a "special" forum for some members, one where irony, sarcasm & humour are banned.