Christophe Berra - answer to our problems?

mccoist355

Berra has been rock solid, week in, week out, for Hearts for a couple of years now.

Ideally id like a Scottish/British player to fill that defensive role for Rangers - and lets face it - time should be up on Weir now, i mean, why should we have to wait until he fecks up a match for us before he finally say "ok, a 40 something at the heart of defence is a bit old"

Berras impressed me more than any other, he's got leadership credentials, and is the right age.

I think it would take 3-4million but we urgently need a refreshed presence at the back there. I read in one of the rags today that Romanov was planning to sell on a few players..

maybe we could add Driver to the deal - hes a left footer isnt he?

And where are we gonna get the 3-4 million from? Even if we offload the whole 10 reported players in january we'll be lucky to get 3 million for the lot! No chance this deal will happen.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any player in Berra's situation would improve 300% under Weir's tuition, but we can do better.

Tonel or Marek Suchy would probably cost similar amounts and both are currently 10000 times better than the inconsistent Berra.

Have you seen Suchy play much?

I think any player in Berra's situation would improve 300% under Weir's tuition, but we can do better.

Tonel or Marek Suchy would probably cost similar amounts and both are currently 10000 times better than the inconsistent Berra.

Have you seen Suchy play much?

Seen them both play.

Tracked down some Suchy footage when we were linked with him last year.

a decent player

he would never be accepted , too many fantasy football managers on here.

he may be all we can afford , but i dont see it happening

Sorry but for the money we'd spend on Berra we could get a hell of a lot better - Bougherra and Cuellar are two examples.

Anytime Berra comes up against a decent footballing side he's fcuking brutal and is absolutely torn apart.

a decent player

Sorry but for the money we'd spend on Berra we could get a hell of a lot better - Bougherra and Cuellar are two examples.

Anytime Berra comes up against a decent footballing side he's fcuking brutal and is absolutely torn apart.

what decent team has tore him apart? ,he plays in the SPL , by all accounts had another fine game on Saturday against Celtic , which sems to be the only criteria for some on the forum. he is a decent player , unless we are going for genuine quality , he would do a good job for us,IMO

a decent player

what decent team has tore him apart? ,he plays in the SPL , by all accounts had another fine game on Saturday against Celtic , which sems to be the only criteria for some on the forum. he is a decent player , unless we are going for genuine quality , he would do a good job for us,IMO

He simply cannot handle pace, Darcheville tortured him in our 4-0 win at Tynecastle last year. He's nothing but a younger version of Steven Pressley really.

I don't know why he is so lauded on here. His partner, Zaliukas, is far superior.

a decent player

u could get far better for the price hearts are lookin

a decent player

how do you know what hearts are looking for

if they are skint they may accept £1m

a decent player

from wat im hearin on here and the radio there lookin 3-4 million, and we dont hav that kind of money to spend on one player even if we do sell a few in january

a decent player

from wat im hearin on here and the radio there lookin 3-4 million, and we dont hav that kind of money to spend on one player even if we do sell a few in january

that is a lot for him

He struggled against Falkirk a few weeks ago and up at Inverness. Darcheville gave him the run around earlier on in the season. At Tannadice in September he was horrendous, Taouil(sp) and Fernandez took the utter piss out of him at Rugby Park.

Last season he was very shaky and when Hearts were in Europe, he was a bombscare, especially against Siroki, AEK and Sparta Prague at Murrayfield.

If people have been watching Berra then they will see that Zaliukas is superior in every way, a player who is supposidly available for a lesser price.

Why no mention of him on here?

He struggled against Falkirk a few weeks ago and up at Inverness. Darcheville gave him the run around earlier on in the season. At Tannadice in September he was horrendous, Taouil(sp) and Fernandez took the utter piss out of him at Rugby Park.

Last season he was very shaky and when Hearts were in Europe, he was a bombscare, especially against Siroki, AEK and Sparta Prague at Murrayfield.

If people have been watching Berra then they will see that Zaliukas is superior in every way, a player who is supposidly available for a lesser price.

you just did

Zalliukus is a decent CB , is he a hearts player or a loan player?

We need someone who can adjust to the SPL , which Zaliukus has done

really need to give yourselves a shake if ya think the likes of Berra are good enough for Gers

Wasnt Sir Alex Ferguson watching him when we went to Tynecastle?

So good enough for ManUtd but not Rangers??

Hes a class player and we need the cream of Scotland at Ibrox. Im sick of watching a Scotland team made up of 7 or 8 C**ts

So you base buying a mediocre SPL player so we have more players in the Scotland squad that celtic?

Maybe you should take Chester's job (tu)

He plays his best when it's a high ball but I don't think he's anywhere near the finished article.

Its all very well saying, "another Euro bargain like Cueller please" - if only Wattie could just wave a magic wand. Of course we'd all want to buy a class euro defender for nothing and sell him on for millions, and lets hope wattie does have one up his sleeve.

Bottom line is Berra is a rock solid defender and likely to be Scottish international soon.

And before you scoff at Scottish international defenders, just look at the team thats sadly beaten us the last three seasons in our own back-yard.

Maybe Berra could be to us what Gary Caldwell, irritatingly, has been to them.

Berra has been rock solid, week in, week out, for Hearts for a couple of years now.

Ideally id like a Scottish/British player to fill that defensive role for Rangers - and lets face it - time should be up on Weir now, i mean, why should we have to wait until he fecks up a match for us before he finally say "ok, a 40 something at the heart of defence is a bit old"

Berras impressed me more than any other, he's got leadership credentials, and is the right age.

I think it would take 3-4million but we urgently need a refreshed presence at the back there. I read in one of the rags today that Romanov was planning to sell on a few players..

maybe we could add Driver to the deal - hes a left footer isnt he?

:craphead:

Zaliukas isnt young and Scottish ergo the media pay absolutely no attention to him. Of course, the fact that Spartak Moscow are linked with him whilst the likes of Wolves are linked with Berra says it all.

He's a far, far superior player to Berra in every way and even then, i still wouldn't take him for Rangers.