The winner of the SPL

Danny

Will be a complete lottery.

Both Rangers and Celtic have had periods of strong runs - ours was the first 2 months, theirs was the following 2.

And now both of us are completely flaky and dropping awful points all over the place.

I'm not especially confident of winning the SPL, but I'm also not that pessimistic Celtic will either. If that makes sense.

I think a lot will come down to what happens in January. At this moment in time I can't see past 4 in a row unless our players and management sort themselves out.

celtc are capable of going on a winning run, we just don't look like we can. Our away record, especially against the top 6 is appauling.

I think a lot will come down to what happens in January. At this moment in time I can't see past 4 in a row unless our players and management sort themselves out.

celtc are capable of going on a winning run, we just don't look like we can. Our away record, especially against the top 6 is appauling.

Weve all been here before, its De Ja Vu.

They take care of the dross better than us, whilst far from world beaters they dont let away games to the likes of tannadice, pittodrie etc fill them with dread.

We do. Our manager chops and changes way too much and almost always for the worst.

Personally i dont think we will win it. Funnily enough if there was no january transfer window then i would feel more confident even though we have glaring weaknesses. A good manager could fix this with the players we already have.

My worry is they will fix thier weaknesses and be stronger, while we get weaker. Not as if it hasnt happened in the past.

I just hope the infighting continues, they drop points, a loss on the 27th, Boruc continues to make clangers, Strachan continues to get on the fans tits, injuries occur, we go on a winning run....

But celtc are already at an advantage, George Best MKIII looks like signing in January.

they showed with there better player out they could still win games as losing to us and dropping points at dundee utd at the start of the season they were still finding there feet we seen they could go on a run and get all three points

as for us we struggle away from home and some home games we were lucky to get three points in the end as i said before lets see how we finish december then we can see if our team is a real contender for the league

If we win the next couple of games, things will look different at the turn of the year. Of course, we expect Celtc to beat Falkirk away, but if we win our two games we will only be a point behind, and the momentum will have turned in our favour. I don't think Celtc look too clever either, they should have beaten Hearts to pull away from us, but bottled it. Couple that with their infighting and Boruc being a clown as a Muff says, and they look a bit shaky.

If none of their former players die at a convenient time for them, I can see us being ahead by the end of January. No reason we can't win the league this year, we're dropping stupid points, but so are they.

I'm hoping things look better after the 27th. I think we just need to build on consistency, find our strongest team and stick with it instead of changing it all the time, we need to bring some much needed stability into the team. I dont see any reason why we cant win the league, I dont see Celtic as being a better team than us but its a question of how much our players want it.

Will be a complete lottery.

Both Rangers and Celtic have had periods of strong runs - ours was the first 2 months, theirs was the following 2.

And now both of us are completely flaky and dropping awful points all over the place.

I'm not especially confident of winning the SPL, but I'm also not that pessimistic Celtic will either. If that makes sense.

I'd have it 55-45 in their favour but that could change in a couple of games. As you say, neither look the part. The one thing that I think they have over us is the ability to spend more in January but that is not guaranteed to work out.

Guest therabbitt

There are definite parallels with the English Premiership where people are lauding the fact that it will be a close run thing.

I listened to the Guardian Podcast last night and one of the speakers said that this apparent openness is not symptomatic of the league being more open, it is a facet of the "top 4" just not being good or consistent enough than what the players should be capable of.

I think the same is very much true here, with the players that Celtic and Rangers have, the wages they earn, the money they cost - we both should be much more consistent.

The league will be won not by lottery, but by which team can shape up their inconsistent form first.

The old joke that the best way to not get eaten by a lion is to not outrun the lion but outrun your mate is apt this season.

Whoever can be the "least bad" will win - we are both terrible teams.

Gosh we are positive haha

Did we not have a hellish start to the season? As in, the fixtures? Far harder away games and the like? I am sure I recall very rabid threads about it in August time. Stands to reason, we will have a slightly easier run in, so, the fact we are close, would imply that the situation isnt as bad as may appear on the surface.

Muff, George Best 3rd? Who is that?

To be honest we dont have a chance in hell. Unless we ship in a new defence in January, which doesnt look likely. Unfortunatly I cant see past celtic this season, especially with the bit of a helping hand they are getting off the officials. They are capable of going on a run (we are not, especially since we lost Thompson). I hope I am proved totally wrong!

Did we not have a hellish start to the season? As in, the fixtures? Far harder away games and the like? I am sure I recall very rabid threads about it in August time. Stands to reason, we will have a slightly easier run in, so, the fact we are close, would imply that the situation isnt as bad as may appear on the surface.

Or it's worse...

You've stated the harder games were at the start. Well that's the time we agree on that we had the best run. So what you're implying is we do well up against it, but against the weaker teams we're poor and drop points.

That's not SPL winning form.

And is also arguably wrong given we dropped 5 points v Hearts and United.

It was a piss take of celtc. They have McGayday, they signed Paddy McCort and now have signed a player 5 times better than them all, including George Best - the lad Niall McGinn or 'MickChin'

ineszs.jpg

It was a piss take of celtc. They have McGayday, they signed Paddy McCort and now have signed a player 5 times better than them all, including George Best - the lad Niall McGinn or 'MickChin'

ineszs.jpg

Looks like a T***.

ineszs.jpg

Ah, I thought it might be the "next big ting" haha

Just wondered if it really was a good one ;)

Or it's worse...

You've stated the harder games were at the start. Well that's the time we agree on that we had the best run. So what you're implying is we do well up against it, but against the weaker teams we're poor and drop points.

No, I am not, that is what you are taking from what I said, in order to continue the negative view.

My view is, first half of the season (ie up to Xmas), has been a bit tricky, so, the 2nd half will be easier, therefore, we will (hopefully drop less), where as our rivals should have the vice versa scenario, and, given they have dropped in their last 2 games running, perhaps thats playing out

All perspective, mine is a half full cup, yours half empty ;)

Or it's worse...

No, I am not, that is what you are taking from what I said, in order to continue the negative view.

My view is, first half of the season (ie up to Xmas), has been a bit tricky, so, the 2nd half will be easier, therefore, we will (hopefully drop less), where as our rivals should have the vice versa scenario, and, given they have dropped in their last 2 games running, perhaps thats playing out

All perspective, mine is a half full cup, yours half empty ;)

Mine's not half empty, it's shattered in bits, lying on a table, dripping onto the carpet and making a damn mess.

Lets see what happens over the next few games.

If we win the next two it will give us momentum going into the New Year.

My guess is Celtic will outspend us in January. We cannot do much at all.

It will probably be a nail biting second half to the season if you ask me.

If we can get a good CH and if Aaron comes good then we may yet win out.