I always wondered what would happen...

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we'd had more patience with PLG when I look back now.

:lol: Now i can question your football knowledge with that statement mate.

Aye, we've been so successful since he left doh

We were hardly successful when he was here.

(tu) Exactly.

I think you'll have to wait and see if the Celtc support boo Strachan from the bus on Saturday, chant McGeadys name all through the match and then boo Strachan after it and if Scott McDonald makes a gesture of support for McGeady in a nice public way. If that happens then we can start making comparisons. But if Celtc don't win their next 2 games it just might you know.

It's going to be a interesting couple of weeks thats for sure.

One thing is for sure the title race is back on (tu)

Le Guen had a net spend of under £2m, Walter's net spend is nearly £15m.

Are we really that much better off?

We aren't fifth.

We've been to a Uefa Cup final.

We took the league to the last day (should have won the bastard, but there you go).

Got both domestic cups.

I'd say so.

And even though we are out of europe this year (which was fucking shocking) i'd say we are still better off as a team.

Yes.

I think you'll have to wait and see if the Celtc support boo Strachan from the bus on Saturday, chant McGeadys name all through the match and then boo Strachan after it and if Scott McDonald makes a gesture of support for McGeady in a nice public way. If that happens then we can start making comparisons. But if Celtc don't win their next 2 games it just might you know.

They're planning to on Saturday. GFITW

We aren't fifth.

We took the league to the last day (should have won the bastard, but there you go).

Got both domestic cups.

I'd say so.

And even though we are out of europe this year (which was fucking shocking) i'd say we are still better off as a team.

On the flipside, PLG always tried to play the right way.

Follow his progress and you'll see that he's got a keen eye for youth AND experienced players at bargain prices. This season, he secured the services of Claude Makelele, Ludovic Giuly and Mateja Kezman for less than what we paid for one Kyle Lafferty.

We were 2nd when he left.

We had qualified well out our UEFA Cup Group.

Given that Smith's had £30m, I don't really deem it as acceptable progress. Oh, and I don't count losing the league or UEFA Cup as successes ;)

:lol: The PLG era was fucking shocking Papa, how on earth you'd want to go back to that i have no idea.

I know, he really should have done so much better with that £3m he was given to spend.

He was given more but didn't want it

:lol: The PLG era was fucking shocking Papa, how on earth you'd want to go back to that i have no idea.

I know, he really should have done so much better with that £3m he was given to spend.

Any evidence of this?

We aren't fifth.

Got both domestic cups.

I'd say so.

Follow his progress and you'll see that he's got a keen eye for youth AND experienced players at bargain prices. This season, he secured the services of Claude Makelele, Ludovic Giuly and Mateja Kezman for less than what we paid for one Kyle Lafferty.

Given that Smith's had £30m, I don't really deem it as acceptable progress. Oh, and I don't count losing the league or UEFA Cup as successes ;)

Aye but compared to our usual, reaching a Uefa Cup final is successful in its own right, no?

I can't remember or find the post, but someone wrote how Smith hasn't ACTUALLY wasted £30 million, which i agree with, i'll try find it.

PLG was arrogant and didn't read our game at all, just thought he could come here and wing it, go back to the days and i'm sure you'll find every member of the board wanting rid of him, and ironically, me backing him :lol:

Any evidence of this?

It was in an interview to SDM. He said he was offered more money but refused it. Thought he could work with what he had.

I suppose you will now say that SDM was lying. But then why would he?? And if he is lying why hasn't PLG said he is lying and was only offered 3 million

We aren't fifth.

Got both domestic cups.

I'd say so.

Aye but compared to our usual, reaching a Uefa Cup final is successful in its own right, no?

I can't remember or find the post, but someone wrote how Smith hasn't ACTUALLY wasted £30 million, which i agree with, i'll try find it.

PLG was arrogant and didn't read our game at all, just thought he could come here and wing it, go back to the days and i'm sure you'll find every member of the board wanting rid of him, and ironically, me backing him :lol:

Oh aye, won't deny that.

I just think it would have been very interesting to have seen PLG afforded the same time, money and patience that Walter's had.

Any evidence of this?

It was in an interview to SDM. He said he was offered more money but refused it. Thought he could work with what he had.

I suppose you will now say that SDM was lying. But then why would he?? And if he is lying why hasn't PLG said he is lying and was only offered 3 million

Why do you suppose I'd say that? Do you think I'm daft?

I've got no reason not to believe you.

Any evidence of this?

Ok that is fair enough. I made a rash statement and apologise for trying to 2nd guess you.

But he was offered more money. I think SDM said the crux came leading up to January when he was offered more money again to strengthen and refused saying he had his team and that was the team he was going to rely on.

Ok that is fair enough. I made a rash statement and apologise for trying to 2nd guess you.

But he was offered more money. I think SDM said the crux came leading up to January when he was offered more money again to strengthen and refused saying he had his team and that was the team he was going to rely on.

I remember that last bit actually :lol:

In some ways the player situation is similar, though I'm not sure McGeady has anything like the backing Ferguson had from other players.

Manager situation, as has been said, is completely different so the situations can't really be compared. Celtic board will have to back Strachan unless he jumps ship to Sunderland or Blackburn

His intentions are right nonetheless.

You wouldn't see PLG doing any last week panic buying like Smith has constantly done throughout his career.

It's why we're struggling to get rid of TEN PLAYERS who he no longer wants.

Any evidence of this?

We were heavily linked with 3 defenders during December. If he stayed, do you really think that he'd have persisted with a midfielder at centre half until the end of the season?

If the boot was on the other foot.

We had Barry Ferguson vs PLG and we all know how that finished.

Now we our greatest rivals in the same boat with McGeady vs WGS, i just wonder if the outcome will be the same!

I see where you are coming from mate, but, all things arent equal here, as some have mentioned

If they were struggling in the league, being knocked out of cups by lower league sides, and, a complete split in the dressing room, then, perhaps the managers position would be in danger, but, thats not the case so, cant compare. Wait til Feb when they are and see then ;)

Now we our greatest rivals in the same boat with McGeady vs WGS, i just wonder if the outcome will be the same!

I see where you are coming from mate, but, all things arent equal here, as some have mentioned

If they were struggling in the league, being knocked out of cups by lower league sides, and, a complete split in the dressing room, then, perhaps the managers position would be in danger, but, thats not the case so, cant compare. Wait til Feb when they are and see then ;)

I know it's not exactly the same, but it's not far off (tu)

I know it's not exactly the same, but it's not far off (tu)

Like i said, they are 2 in a row without a win, if they continue to slide, it may well become the same (tu)

Hmm not quite the same is it, he hasn't stripped McGayday of captaincy has he?

He's fined and suspended him for 2weeks, meaning he misses the OLDFIRM match.

McGeady is there equivalent of Ferguson, he's come through the youth ranks/fan and a fans favourite.

Does anyone REALLY think that is going to happen? He will play, OR, there will be another death in "the family" no doubt meaning a postponement

Or similar shite (tu)