I always wondered what would happen...

disgruntled_bear

If the boot was on the other foot.

We had Barry Ferguson vs PLG and we all know how that finished.

Now we our greatest rivals in the same boat with McGeady vs WGS, i just wonder if the outcome will be the same!

Hmm not quite the same is it, he hasn't stripped McGayday of captaincy has he?

He's fined and suspended him for 2weeks, meaning he misses the OLDFIRM match.

McGeady is there equivalent of Ferguson, he's come through the youth ranks/fan and a fans favourite.

Does anyone REALLY think that is going to happen? He will play, OR, there will be another death in "the family" no doubt meaning a postponement

Or similar shite (tu)

Strachan has made his bed now. He's suspended him and doing a U-turn send out the wrong message to the rest of the players. As i said in the other thread, his Celtic career under Strachan is as good as over.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was postponed due to a death in "the family", though. I honestly wouldn't.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll end up appealing it and the suspension will go down to 10 days. That means he will be able to play at Ibrox.

It's a suspension from the board though.

They aren't governed by anyone, are they? If they say two weeks and back Strachan fully, it's two weeks.

I wish we'd had more patience with PLG when I look back now.

:lol: Now i can question your football knowledge with that statement mate.

Aye, we've been so successful since he left doh

:lol: The PLG era was fucking shocking Papa, how on earth you'd want to go back to that i have no idea.

I know, he really should have done so much better with that £3m he was given to spend.

my memory is it was the £3m PLG chose to spend, not what he was given to spend. more cash was available but he totally underestimated Scottish football and did not think he needed to spend more than that

Not realy the same. Strapon has won three titles in a row and got them to the last 16 of the CPL twice. PLG has down hee haw for us apart from blow the league by xmas and then get us knocked out of the CIS cup at home by lower league opposition.

spot on mate...had Le Frenchie had strachans record then it might have been a different story., though I know wot Disgruntled Bear is getting at

Just wondered if anyone else thiks the current situation at Parkhead is similar (not the actual abuse but the premise of player vs manager) to that of Le Guen & Barry?

On this occasion the board has came out & backed thier manager but in ours it was the board, ultimately, backing the player.

If we had this situation in that a fans favourite who riled against Walter ... who would you back?

If the boot was on the other foot.

We had Barry Ferguson vs PLG and we all know how that finished.

Now we our greatest rivals in the same boat with McGeady vs WGS, i just wonder if the outcome will be the same!

Hmm not quite the same is it, he hasn't stripped McGayday of captaincy has he?

He's fined and suspended him for 2weeks, meaning he misses the OLDFIRM match.

McGeady is there equivalent of Ferguson, he's come through the youth ranks/fan and a fans favourite.

Does anyone REALLY think that is going to happen? He will play, OR, there will be another death in "the family" no doubt meaning a postponement

Or similar shite (tu)

Strachan has made his bed now. He's suspended him and doing a U-turn send out the wrong message to the rest of the players. As i said in the other thread, his Celtic career under Strachan is as good as over.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was postponed due to a death in "the family", though. I honestly wouldn't.

Yeah it would make Strachan look week to do a U-turn.

The only way this would be solved if McGeady done a public apology to WGS.

IMO thats never going to happen, since he's appealing the boards/WGS decision. :lol: