Strachan Has a point to prove here

PeterMcNeil

McCulloch better be nowhere near the team!

He'd only hide, contribute fcuk all and give celtc an advantage. Hopefully he comes down with a heavy cold (tu)

I take you point, and don't fully disagree, but my concern is who do you put in the sitting midfield role and the other 3 don't fit the bill.

He'd only hide, contribute fcuk all and give celtc an advantage. Hopefully he comes down with a heavy cold (tu)

I take you point, and don't fully disagree, but my concern is who do you put in the sitting midfield role and the other 3 don't fit the bill.

___________Davis____Ferguson____Mendes_________

Novo____________________________________Beasley/Aaron/Adam - I'll be Adam starts

_____________________Miller_____________________

___________Davis____Ferguson____Mendes_________

Novo____________________________________Beasley/Aaron/Adam - I'll be Adam starts

_____________________Miller_____________________

You honestly think he will put 5 in midfield and drop Boyd. Could be wrong but i think he sees a team with more ablilty and confidence to go forward this year and will want Miller and Boyd up front and feel he can control midfield with 4.

While Strachan undoubtedly has a point to prove at the OF game, so does Walter. Sure Strachan is under a lot of pressure now, but Smith's been attracting criticism all season, since the embarrassment of our European exploits, and I think they both have as much to prove as either other, to be honest. I'm nowhere near as confident as everyone else seems to be for the game. Extremely worried about Ferguson and Boyd turning into nothing more than passengers. The only thing that gives me confidence is that Walter has a great OF record, and they haven't scored against us at Ibrox in a while, let alone taken points off us.

Given that Chesney has suspended McGeady for the next 2 weeks which means he misses the game at Ibrox, I believe that he ( Strachan) will be going all out to try and win this game at Ibrox more so than normal - due to the fact that if they win he has proven his point to be correct in leaving that wee ratbag back at parkhead and of course the obvious bragging rights that go with the victory.

He will be thinking that the hordes will turn against him if he loses this game - and that they would see it as his fault as he left the prancing princess out of a very important game - I believe he will have this lot up for this game like no other - because if he fails - the writing will be on the wall for him.

I really hope that Walter Smith and his staff will percieve this to be the case - and set up a team, with tactics, that will overcome a mighty effort that is coming our way some time soon from the tarriers.It would be nice to give them another tanking to undemine already precarious position

This game just might be the turning point in our not so good season, as in my opinion it takes on a far greater significance now given the circumstances at the piggery.

We have to be ready for anything on the 27th - So it's over to you Walter.

[/quote

Excellent post, how right you are. We really have to be up for this game and get our passing game together quickly. We have a better squad and are playing more attractive football but it is those lapses in concentration, with goal scoring chances and defensive errors which are costing us.

I beleive we have gone through our bad spell with points dropped and now we can be more consistant. Our bad spell last year was at the end of the season when Celtic put their winning run together so the way it is shaping up I feel quite positive. We just seriously need a centre half or quality left sided player if Walter is not going to play Aaron.

There is not a great deal wrong with the side, we are easier on the eye than last season and I feel we always look likely to score a couple. Keep the Faith.

Given that Chesney has suspended McGeady for the next 2 weeks which means he misses the game at Ibrox, I believe that he ( Strachan) will be going all out to try and win this game at Ibrox more so than normal - due to the fact that if they win he has proven his point to be correct in leaving that wee ratbag back at parkhead and of course the obvious bragging rights that go with the victory.

He will be thinking that the hordes will turn against him if he loses this game - and that they would see it as his fault as he left the prancing princess out of a very important game - I believe he will have this lot up for this game like no other - because if he fails - the writing will be on the wall for him.

I really hope that Walter Smith and his staff will percieve this to be the case - and set up a team, with tactics, that will overcome a mighty effort that is coming our way some time soon from the tarriers.It would be nice to give them another tanking to undemine already precarious position

This game just might be the turning point in our not so good season, as in my opinion it takes on a far greater significance now given the circumstances at the piggery.

We have to be ready for anything on the 27th - So it's over to you Walter.

Nice to see the scumbag won't be playing,but to be honest,I think Maloney is a bigger threat to us than McGeady.Maybe he can get crocked this weekend eh? (tu):lol: