Strachan Has a point to prove here

PeterMcNeil

Given that Chesney has suspended McGeady for the next 2 weeks which means he misses the game at Ibrox, I believe that he ( Strachan) will be going all out to try and win this game at Ibrox more so than normal - due to the fact that if they win he has proven his point to be correct in leaving that wee ratbag back at parkhead and of course the obvious bragging rights that go with the victory.

He will be thinking that the hordes will turn against him if he loses this game - and that they would see it as his fault as he left the prancing princess out of a very important game - I believe he will have this lot up for this game like no other - because if he fails - the writing will be on the wall for him.

I really hope that Walter Smith and his staff will percieve this to be the case - and set up a team, with tactics, that will overcome a mighty effort that is coming our way some time soon from the tarriers.It would be nice to give them another tanking to undemine already precarious position

This game just might be the turning point in our not so good season, as in my opinion it takes on a far greater significance now given the circumstances at the piggery.

We have to be ready for anything on the 27th - So it's over to you Walter.

I have a good feelin aboot the game :rangers:

I have a good feeling too. I get the impression that morale is low over there, and without their 'star' muppet, the fans 'll be on their backs in the build-up. It's a dressing room row gone public and there can't be a good atmosphere. Chesney can plan and motivate all he likes, but I think the backbone of their team isn't up to the pressure. They're pish and they know it.....and now they've got a wee dictator running the show. Not good for morale. Yep, I've got a good feeling too. :rangers:

Given that Chesney has suspended McGeady for the next 2 weeks which means he misses the game at Ibrox, I believe that he ( Strachan) will be going all out to try and win this game at Ibrox more so than normal - due to the fact that if they win he has proven his point to be correct in leaving that wee ratbag back at parkhead and of course the obvious bragging rights that go with the victory.

He will be thinking that the hordes will turn against him if he loses this game - and that they would see it as his fault as he left the prancing princess out of a very important game - I believe he will have this lot up for this game like no other - because if he fails - the writing will be on the wall for him.

I really hope that Walter Smith and his staff will percieve this to be the case - and set up a team, with tactics, that will overcome a mighty effort that is coming our way some time soon from the tarriers.It would be nice to give them another tanking to undemine already precarious position

This game just might be the turning point in our not so good season, as in my opinion it takes on a far greater significance now given the circumstances at the piggery.

I am neither bothered or care what strachan does , he has nothing to do with our club mcweedy in or out we have to go there and win .

I am even less concerned about what the filth fans think of him thats thier problem ours is to talk about us not them

I am neither bothered or care what strachan does , he has nothing to do with our club mcweedy in or out we have to go there and win .

I am even less concerned about what the filth fans think of him thats thier problem ours is to talk about us not them

So you would'nt be neither bothered or care if Strachan got his side up for the 27th - and they managed to beat us ????

I think it is very relevant to discuss the goings on at our biggest rivals - but heigh ho, each to their own.

Bring on 27th, can't wait

Only if we don't suffer from over confidence - He will have this lot up for it - his Job will probably depend on it.

If walter gets it right then we can beat them but I don't think it will be a walk over.

they are wise enough not to be over confident but at the same time smell blood. a few players got blasted by Chesney so I can imagine all is not love n hugs in their dressing room.

Robson will play on the left-Brown & Hartley in the middle & Nakadog on the right-Maybe Crosas will come in but that is defo a beatable ex SPL midfield.

SM & McGaydie are both out so thats great.

Maloney out is better news.

Dunno why he didny get as much first team games at Villa=He had a habit of scoring for them.

with maloney, mcgayday not playin i really fancy are chance more, tbh honest i think we'll beat them 3 or 4 - 1, seriously do , can't wait to be honest.

Fantastic!

The 3 nil game last season was the most joyous 90 minutes of football ive ever watched. A repeat would be very welcome!

with maloney, mcgayday not playin i really fancy are chance more, tbh honest i think we'll beat them 3 or 4 - 1, seriously do , can't wait to be honest.

Fantastic!

The 3 nil game last season was the most joyous 90 minutes of football ive ever watched. A repeat would be very welcome!

I relive this match from my mobile at least once a day. :craphead:

Bring on the 27th!

Expect Maloney to make a dramatic return.

I doubt we'll wipe the floor with them. I'm worried about our defence, midfield, who we go with upfront and our managers team selection and tactics.

Robson will play on the left-Brown & Hartley in the middle & Nakadog on the right-Maybe Crosas will come in but that is defo a beatable ex SPL midfield.

SM & McGaydie are both out so thats great.

Maloney out is better news.

Dunno why he didny get as much first team games at Villa=He had a habit of scoring for them.

2 words Ashley Young

excellent points. I think you are bang on mate.. I agree

I have no doubt that on their day Mendes, Ferguson, Davies and whoever Smith choses to play with them (hopefully a defenisve mid to break up play such as Edu or even McCulloch) can control that area of the pitch against the likes of Robson, Brown, Hartley and Nakamura.

With Miller buzzing around in and out of their box and Boyd in scoring form (honestly think this is his chance to prove he can score at the top level) we should creat enough chances to win.

My only fear was Malony and McGeady getting behind Papac, Broadfoot/Whittaker and getting crosses in on top of Weir. If I was Strachan I would have put th big guy Sheridan in to create muscle and hope McDonald picked up the pieces. Without either of Malony or McGeady, Strachan's options are greatly reduced.

That is why I think they will kiss and make up in time for McGeady to feature. It is up to us to then give him no space and no sucess so he can get blamed again for a heavy defeat.