Beckham bound for Ibrox

Fixxxer

I didn't go the the Chelsea game nor the Liverpool game and can't see myself going to this either.

We should be playing teams like this in the CL.

I doubt I'll go to another friendly unless it's a) For charity or b) The opportunity for a wee trip ala Newcastle.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Embarassing to say the least.

The only reason for such a match would be to fleece the supporters and raise some revenue to compensate for some of the loss incurred due to our overpaid, underachieving superstars European flop.

The only way such a game would be acceptable for me is if all season ticket holders and under 16s were given free entry with other tickets sold foir a nominal sum.

Of course this is extremely unlikely with rip-off Rangers despite the fact that the country is in the midst of a recession and supporters have better things to spend their cash on.

We should still be competing in Europe in competitive fixtures not meaningless friendlies.

Yes..your right..this is PISH!

Last season everyone conected with Rangers was bitching about the schedule, the number of games etc and look what happened!

Now we go out and organise a meaningless kickabout in February when its the time we will need everyone in peak condition for the run-in!

We HAVE to bring the Championship home this year.

Organise it for the end of the season FFS!

Wednesday 4th February.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1492652,00.html

BECKHAM-MANIA will hit Glasgow in February when football icon David Beckham heads to Ibrox with AC Milan's galaxy of world superstars for a glamour friendly with Rangers.

Former Manchester Utd and Real Madrid star Beckham has joined Carlo Ancelotti's side on loan from LA Galaxy during the Major League Soccer off-season.

David BeckhamAnd now the most famous man on the planet will grace the hallowed turf at Ibrox Stadium on Wednesday 4 February 2009.

The Light Blue legions will have the chance to watch the 33-year-old former England captain in action but Brand Beckham is not the only box office draw in AC Milan's all-star squad.

Brazilian superstars Kaka and Ronaldinho will also be on show while club legends Paolo Maldini, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro Nesta and Andrei Shevchenko are just some of the superstars expected to line up against Walter Smith's side in February.

Ex-Ger Rino Gattuso will also make the journey but will be unable to feature as the combative midfielder suffered knee ligament damage in a recent Serie A fixture.

However, with squad players like ex-Arsenal pair Mattieu Flamini and Phillipe Senderos, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo and Dutch master Clarence Seedorf at Ancelotti's disposal, it will be a cracking match for the Rangers fans to enjoy.Ronaldinho

Chief Executive Martin Bain said: "We are delighted to announce AC Milan will be visiting Ibrox next February.

"With tickets going on sale this week, it is the ideal last-minute Christmas gift and I know this match will really capture the imagination of our supporters.

"Milan are a club with a rich history and tradition like Rangers and with players like David Beckham, Ronaldinho and Kaka set to feature I am sure there will be phenomenal interest in the game.

"David Beckham has arguably been the most famous footballer in the world in recent years and supporters of all ages will be eager to see him in the flesh."

Manager Walter Smith added: "AC Milan are one of the great European clubs and our players will enjoy competing against the cream of Europe.

"It is an excellent match for our supporters and I am sure they will turn out in huge numbers to watch talent like Beckham and Ronaldinho in action."

Kaka and his wife Caroline CelicoTickets for the match go on sale from tomorrow (Friday 20 December 2008) to season ticket holders and bond holders, priced £23 for adults and £10 for concessions.

This will be followed by a public sale next Monday (22 December), with tickets on offer at £25 for adults and £12 for concessions.

Briefs are available from the Ticket Centre at Ibrox Stadium, online at www.rangers.co.uk or by calling the Ticket Hotline 0871 702 1972.

Milan, currently fourth in the Serie A table, enjoyed a pre-season friendly with Rangers at Ibrox in July 2002.

On that occasion, Ronald de Boer and Claudio Caniggia scored for the Light Blues in an entertaining 2-2 draw

We play Dundee United on the 31st of january thn ac milan on the 4th then got celtic on the 15th?????

Bad idea to have the friendly when its an important part of the reason where we need to avoid injuries.

Can the friendly not just wait till after the season has finished like we did with LA galaxy??

I doubt we'll get an injury, unless it's an unavoidable one that could have happened any time.

It'll be played a testamonial pace at best.

I'm 23 on the 2nd, a ticket for this would be a nice present :)

We're always complaining about our board not getting Rangers enough exposure to wider audiences, now moaning that we are! I think this is a great move, good preparation for 'Tic game as well.

It's a sad indication of how far our club has fallen that Rangers see this as a massive game.

How about we just concentrate on the league, which is a must instead of taking the more money from the fans after the manager and players failed to make the Champions League or UEFA Cup.

Just remember what happened the last time we played a 'big' friendly before an important match.

I think the price, especially for ST holders is a joke. Did Murray not say a month or so ago that even himself was feeling the effects of the current financial climate?

Looking at it, I think it's a good idea. (tu)

It's 11 days before the Old Firm so instead of a stupid bounce game to keep the fitness levels up we get the chance to watch players like Kaka, Beckham and Ronaldinho at Ibrox.

Papaguy - Why would you pay such an extravagant fee for such a meaningless match ?

Easy.

I don't have a season ticket due to work/Uni, so I don't get to that many SPL games at Ibrox. This means my usual quota of Gers games per year SHOULD be made up of 60% European games as I tend to go to all of them.

Not had that this year though, so I've got some money to spend on the Milan game. I understand it's totally different if you're a season ticket holder though.

Apart from that, Ronaldinho, Beckham and Kaka are three of my modern day footballing icons. To be quite honest, I'd pay £25 to watch an in form Ronaldinho warming up.

I doubt we'll get an injury, unless it's an unavoidable one that could have happened any time.

We're always complaining about our board not getting Rangers enough exposure to wider audiences, now moaning that we are! I think this is a great move, good preparation for 'Tic game as well.

Heh, i'm 19 on the 3rd! Looks like my birthday is sorted as well.

I think this is a really great idea.

A 2 week break in between games is a long time in football terms. Remember how we looked like we were lacking in sharpness during the Lyon game after we cancelled the confrontation with Gretna?

The game won't jade us in any way. It'll be played at a slow tempo and i'd be shocked if any of our players lasted the full 90.

Well done to the board.

Jim, i totally understand why you wouldn't pay £25 for a friendly. Normally i would stay well clear, but the chance to see one of my footballing idols in David Beckham is too good for me to turn down.

I think the club have arranged this friendly in the view that it's benefiting the team in a playing sense, as well as financially.

I don't agree with the £25 price, it's excessive, but it's one of those games where i'm just going to have to bite the bullet.

A 2 week break in between games is a long time in football terms. Remember how we looked like we were lacking in sharpness during the Lyon game after we cancelled the confrontation with Gretna?

The game won't jade us in any way. It'll be played at a slow tempo and i'd be shocked if any of our players lasted the full 90.

Well done to the board.

Woohoo!

:beer2: Pub time!

Well done to the board.

If we manage to beat St Johnstone we have a Scottish cup tie on the 7th or 8th, so the friendly has nothing to do with sharpness or keeping the team ticking over just an attempt to recoup some of the revenue lost by our defeat by Kaunas.