Laferty = WHY?

GovanFrontGers

I think he'll be a big player for us in future. Yes, he's been poor, but it's still very early days for him.

Once he gets a run in the team up front, I think he can shine for us. I'm not blind to his poor performances, but I've still got a lot of faith in him coming good.

Sorry but I thought he played well today!!!

When?

He was our worst player by a mile.

Entitled to your opinion m8 but I thought he gave their left back a lot of problems considering he aint a natural wide player. He is giving his all and biding his time to get a run up top!!! He is only 21 aswell remember!!!

Sorry but I thought he played well today!!!

Agreed. He chased everything, held the ball up and kept drawing their RB out when we were linking up on the wing. Certainly not a LW but no doubt his confidence will take a wee rise after his goal last week and solid performence today.

On another note today was my first game at Ibrox since Kaunus and it was an absolute joy to watch Mendes boss the game. We MUST hold on to him until he hangs up his boots. This guy is a proper pro and will no doubt play to at least 35 and will still offer something positive to the team.

Couldnt make the game today but will watch it through the week on RTV, listened to it on the radio and it sounded if he had a good game he seemed to skin Van Zanten at every turn and the boy got booked for it, Kyle seems to be getting more confident am 100% convinced he,ll come good for us.

Smith is hanging him out to dry by deploying him at left mid.

I've seen the real Kyle Lafferty for NI and when played up front he's an asset.

Left mid, however? Nah. He struggles there and he unintentionally disrupts the shape of the side.

Play him up front or don't play him at all, Smith.

I was at the game today and glad I went!! Great display of attacking football from the Gers, finishin could have been better at times but we are in good shape ahead of next Saturday!! Ferguson and Mendes are starting to click together!! Don't particularly agree with Smith using big Lafferty wide left but.....it didnt cost us the game, we won, Lafferty played well, get over yourselves and give the guy a break!!!! Is there ever a time when we can all commend the team or u just permanent pessimists?? :ohmy:

The boy played well today, much better than Kenny Miller and looked quite dangerous when cutting in on his right. He was prepared to run at defenders which neither McCullock or Adam can do. Have to disagree he played well and will start against Celtic.

I though that he did ok. He does not seem to have a turm of pace which does concern me especially since he is unlikely to geta sniff up front for some time to come. I would love to see Novo in for the OF game as I feel that full backs and especially Hinkel is there weak spot and a bit of pace could be the undoing

Whatever...he might of done well but i am NOT wanting a striker to make the left wing position his own!

I want us to bring in a natural left winger or put Aaron there.

TBH i think this is turning in to another McCulloch.

Putting a striker in Left Mid then moving him about!

He had an up and down day. He is not a left winger and should be tried up front with Boyd. Aaron should get a chance at left wing. Miller had an off day today as did Davis.

I agree. He had some decent runs but he didn't go to the byline often enough, looked a little indecisive when taking his player on and was late on several tackles taking the pressure off them in their half. Definitely doesn't have the making of a winger in my opinion and if he's going to be played it has to be up front.